Thread: Danger Man

Senior Member Country: Ireland zorro2566's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    Will the half hour episodes of Danger Man be released on DVD? I have the Network boxset which was brilliant and i would love to have the full set!

Liked
    0 times
    The half hour DM episodes were released by Carlton a few years back and you should be able to pick up a set on Ebay. Better still though is to import the Umbrella DVD box set from Australia This has a lot more extras than the Carlton set and by all accounts is really worth importing.

Liked
    137 times
    Strange that Network haven't got round to releasing the half hour episodes yet, still I expect they will in time.

Senior Member Country: Australia wadsy's Avatar
    Liked
    40 times
    I have set one ( 6 discs 39 "missions") of the Umbrella release. It's tremendous

& includes some fascinating additional special features & extras. A great buy !!!

Liked
    0 times
    name='dpgmel']Strange that Network haven't got round to releasing the half hour episodes yet, still I expect they will in time.

As if by magic!

Danger Man: The Complete Series 1: Network DVD

Senior Member Country: UK Moor Larkin's Avatar
    Liked
    120 times
    The American A&E sets sell for barely a tenner, if you scout around on the internet (they're factory sealed). The transfers are okay. I gather some dvd players have issues with regions, but I have to say the two I have owned seem perfectly happy to play any dvd.

What is especially funny is that they say on the box "never before seen in the USA", which is utter tripe because they were of course the first big UK series to sell to America, from Britain and were quite popular and regularly repeated, becoming increasingly popular - that growing fan-base probably led to the idea of the later 1964 shows were produced.

"who controls the present controls the past." .....

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    Brilliant news about the impending Network release of the first series. I enjoyed watching the repeats on Channel 4, in 1984, but have struggled with the 50-minute episodes for some reason. I really look forward to being reaquainted with the half-hours - and paying closer attention to the guest stars this time!

Senior Member Country: UK Moor Larkin's Avatar
    Liked
    120 times
    name='cornershop15'] but have struggled with the 50-minute episodes for some reason.
    Some of them can feel a little as if the script was only intended to be half an hour long.... and they become padded a bit with a few chases, either on foot or in cars. One or two are re-treads of the half-hour shows in fact, if you look behind the plot. When I get a bit jaded I remind myself of episodes like 'Judgement Day', which is stunning in it's combining of adventurous derring-do and yet refuses to give easy answers to complex questions of politics and morality.

I generally will only ever watch one hour-long episode at any one sitting whereas I can consume two or three of the half-hour shows at any one dangerous meal.

And as you say, the co-stars can be like watching a parade of stars of the past and future!!