Liked
    0 times
    Anybody remember Moondial, a seriously spooky BBC children's drama series from early 1988 starring Siri Neal, Joanna Dunham and Valerie Lush. Top notch entertainment.

Dodgem, a six-part BBC children's drama from early 1991 starred the very young Sean Maguire and Lucy Speed. The title alluded to the fact that a fairground featured in the storyline. Sean Maguire's character, a kid with a father with mental health issues, is not unlike the one he played in Growing Pains, the 1992 - 93 BBC drama series about a couple who decide to become foster parents - Ray Brooks and Sharon Duce team up once again. Incidentally, Trevor Peacock appeared in both Dodgem and Growing Pains. Mr Peacock was a very busy man as around this time he also appeared as a regular in Wish Me Luck series 3 and The Riff-Raff Element.

Senior Member Country: Vatican Sgt Sunshine's Avatar
    Liked
    212 times
    Yes I remember "Moondial"...........Thought it was rather good..........

Still available on Amazon I believe....

Sgt S

Senior Member Country: England billy farmer's Avatar
    Liked
    308 times
    I remember Moondial very well and watched it when it was first shown, it is one of my favourite Children's Drama's of all time and would definitely be in my top ten of all time favourite Children's Drama's, thanks to Brit Movie i have this great series on DVD.

Junior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    I used to love moon dial was actually filmed in my home town of Grantham

Senior Member Country: England faginsgirl's Avatar
    Liked
    416 times
    Moondial should still be on youtube if you search for it

xx

Senior Member Country: England faginsgirl's Avatar
    Liked
    416 times
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ivv5SG98cJM&feature=PlayList&p=2699B97704C D9D2D&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=51"]YouTube- Moondial (1988) part one (1 of 12)[/ame]

xx

Liked
    0 times
    Mostly I curse the fact that I was born in 1982 as I was too late for my favourite eras of film, music etc, but luckily I was around for the last decent wave of children's television. Because my sister's eight years older than me I was watching 'older' programmes at a much younger age so actually remember Grange Hill when it was still rather good (Zammo era), and before it went into terminal decline. For little sprogs like me there was a good balance of cartoons and the more 'pastoral' children's fare, and importantly quality drama.

My favourite series' were The Children of Green Knowe, Box of Delights, Moondial, Tom's Midnight Garden, the Watchhouse and The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. (Basically, as a child, if you gave me some ghosts, a bit of time travel and preferably some Edwardian or mid-century styling I was a happy bunny. Nothing much changes really!) A little later on there was Dark Season, Century Falls, and Archer's Goon (which wasn't as good but was a bit bewildering).

These programmes have stayed with me since childhood and it shows how effective they were in that I didn't get hold of a copy of 'Green Knowe' until last year but I pretty much remembered all the main scenes even though I hadn't seen it since I was about three or four years old.

Liked
    0 times
    Moondial was good !

Was Valerie Lush in it - ? Her of and Mother makes with wendy craig

Liked
    0 times
    Hello there paul.

my name is damien. Am from burnley. Just like to say that i loved the dodgem series as me and my brother have worked on the fairground since we were kids.

We still do it to this day. Is it at all possible you could make me a copy of the tv series dodgem.

If you would like a payment please feel free to e-mail me.

damienfunfaircrew@yahoo.co.uk

many thanks.

damien