Thread: The Fourth Kind

Senior Member Country: Great Britain GoggleboxUK's Avatar
    Liked
    6 times
    The Fourth Kind (2009)

1n 1972, a scale of measurement was established for alien encounters. When a UFO is sighted, it is called an encounter of the first kind. When evidence is collected, it is known as an encounter of the second kind. When contact is made with extraterrestrials, it is the third kind. The next level, abduction, is the fourth kind. Modern-day, Alaska, where-mysteriously since the 1960s-a disproportionate number of the population has been reported missing every year. Despite multiple FBI investigations of the region, the truth has never been discovered. Here in this remote region, psychologist Dr. Abigail Tyler began videotaping sessions with traumatized patients and unwittingly discovered some of the most disturbing evidence of alien abduction ever documented. The Fourth Kind exposes the terrified revelations of multiple witnesses. Their accounts of being visited by alien figures all share disturbingly identical details, the validity of which is investigated throughout the film.

Written by Anonymous

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HC3ccK2j9QI]YouTube - The Fourth Kind - Official Trailer [HD][/ame]

This movie looks set to be 2009's big finish.

Senior Member Country: Vatican Sgt Sunshine's Avatar
    Liked
    212 times
    Great ...I love these sci-fi films............Well remember "Close Encounters of the Third Kind"..........so looking forward to seeing this...with any luck at my little Art Centre cinema....

Thanks Goggle

Sgt S

Senior Member Country: Great Britain GoggleboxUK's Avatar
    Liked
    6 times
    You're welcome Sarge.

I'm a big fan of Sci Fi also and I particularly enjoy stuff like this that blurs the line between science fiction and science fact, with a bit of the paranormal thrown in.

I recently watched a documentary called Ancient Aliens shown on the History Channel that put forward some very feasible theories regarding the possibility of alien influence on ancient cultures such as the Mayans.

I think many people have closed minds to this kind of stuff but there does seem to be some remarkable evidence to support the theories of extra terrestrial presence on our planet both past and presnt. Unfortunately much of the 'evidence' is deemed inconclusive and we, as members of the public, are kept in the dark about any official investigation's results.

Well, as Mulder & Scully said- The Truth is out there!

Senior Member Country: United States will.15's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    I think aliens visiting us/abducting people is a bunch of crap and when I was younger, reading books like Chariot of the Gods was momentarily impressed. But that doesn't mean I don't enjoy stories with those plots if they are well done like The X Files, just as I like a good ghost story and don't believe in them.