Liked
    137 times
    A good looking set of 4 Britmovies is released in Region 1 land on the 26th January, including The Rough and the Smooth plus Grand National Night

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/British-Cinema-Drama-Collection-National/dp/B002WIXHYE]Amazon.com: British Cinema Drama Collection: The Rough and the Smooth, The Scamp, Grand National Night, Kill Me Tomorrow: Nadja Tiller, Tony Britton, William Bendix, Richard Attenborough, Dorothy Alison, Colin Petersen, Nigel Patrick, Moira Lister, B[/ame]

Liked
    137 times
    Just wondering if anyone else has ordered this set ?

Liked
    0 times
    name='dpgmel']Just wondering if anyone else has ordered this set ?

I have it on order but it isn't in yet. I'll post another message when it gets here and let you know how the quality is.

Liked
    0 times
    It just arrived (at long last) and I've scanned through them. They're advertised as having been digitally restored but I'm still seeing quite a few little flaws. Still, with the exception of Grand National Night they all look pretty good. Nice enough clean prints and clear sound. Grand National Night has been taken from an inferior print. It's very grainy with something of the look of a second generation dub from tape. It's an entirely watchable print but it isn't really much of an improvement over my old taped-from-TV copy. "Rough and The Smooth", "Kill Me Tomorrow" and "The Scamp" make up for it though. Overall the 4-film set is well worth it. I'm a happy customer.

Liked
    137 times
    name='JohnB_Toronto']It just arrived (at long last) and I've scanned through them. They're advertised as having been digitally restored but I'm still seeing quite a few little flaws. Still, with the exception of Grand National Night they all look pretty good. Nice enough clean prints and clear sound. Grand National Night has been taken from an inferior print. It's very grainy with something of the look of a second generation dub from tape. It's an entirely watchable print but it isn't really much of an improvement over my old taped-from-TV copy. "Rough and The Smooth", "Kill Me Tomorrow" and "The Scamp" make up for it though. Overall the 4-film set is well worth it. I'm a happy customer.

Thanks for posting that John, good to hear about the quality of these.

Senior Member Country: Scotland julian_craster's Avatar
    Liked
    103 times
    Kill Me Tomorrow is the film debut of Tommy Steele (in a cabaret guest spot, so he may have been added at the last minute ) - probably the earliest rock 'n' roll song in a UK film.....

Liked
    0 times
    three of the four have been on Film 24 very recently.