Page 31 of 52 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    In Downfall (1963), Nadja Regin and T. P. McKenna are being spied upon:

Here's our old codger from GHOST SQUAD again, cornershop.

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    Good to see him again, Gerald. Thank you. So far, this Extra has been spotted in episodes of Ghost Squad (High Wire) and Danger Man (The Professionals) as well as that cafe scene in The L-Shaped Room I posted a capture from not long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Lovell View Post
    Yes, Michael Segal indeed. I think Tommy Winward is also in that episode [The Saint - The Crooked Man] as a member of the audience.
    And I found many more besides when I had a look at the boxing match between Nosher Powell and Irvin Allen, including 'Andy Alston', Vic Chapman, Ivor Spencer, Lewis Alexander and Victor Harrington. A lot of editing to do first but I'll post the best screencaps at 'Sighted' later.

I'm 90% certain one of my former subjects was in the Basil Dearden thriller Sapphire (1959):

'Superintendent' Nigel Patrick and 'Inspector' Michael Craig want to talk to the Harris family. Their neighbour informs
    the policeman that Olga Lindo and Yvonne Mitchell have gone out but Bernard Miles might be in the shed. No luck ...

Although she appears to resemble George Benson in that capture I think this is the lady I remember from The Baron:

In the episode Diplomatic Immunity (filmed August/September 1965). Hopefully the teeth will convince you!
    Last edited by cornershop15; 27-12-12 at 02:57 AM.

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    10 times
    Would anyone know who this extra is? I see him playing waiters a lot, and thought he might possibly be Basil Felton.

As a waiter in the opening scene of Dr. No.

And as an embassy official in the 1960 Danger Man episode "The Lovers"

Liked
    182 times
    Going through a few old posts, these came to light:

The latter is yours, cornershop, and I think both show "That Man Again", respectively far left and far right, albeit now with a goatee?

Mary Fielder is the lady in blue in the top picture.

Senior Member Country: England harryfielder's Avatar
    Liked
    51 times
    My lovely Mary......xxxxx

Liked
    182 times
    I think it's that Edward Lexy lookalike again, cornershop, this time at a board meeting during Who Was Maddox? (1964):

Also there are Jack Watling, James Bree, Dora Reisser and the unmistakable back of Finlay Currie (named "Findlay Currie" in the closing cast list).

Liked
    182 times
    A name that has cropped up from time to time is Harold Coyne, who I think Aitch and/or Jim have referred to in the past, and Scott Palmer has kindly appraised me of Harold's long career. Appropriately, then, we come to Face of a Stranger (1964) and is this the face that coined the name of Harold?:

He plays a cellmate of Jeremy Kemp and Philip Locke and he's got one of the several close-ups that our own John Llewellyn Moxey gives to quite a few members of the lower rungs of the cast, plus there's interesting use of a hand-held camera in some railway scenes.

Does Harold have the face of a stranger no longer?

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    8 times
    No stranger, this is Harold Coyne.

Liked
    182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by whitstablejim View Post
    No stranger, this is Harold Coyne.
    Excellent, thanks very much for confirming it, Jim.

Liked
    182 times
    In 1964, one must Never Mention Murder, but here is looks as if stage performer Michael Coles is going to take the shoe by the horn and mention the name of the waiter standing by the door:

Sadly, he doesn't . . . not even "Stan Laurel's lovechild" . . .

Liked
    182 times
    It's difficult to make out, distracted as we are by Joan Hickson's loud pronouncements, but could the fair-haired gentleman far right background be Otto Friese?:

Listening intently to Joan are Jack Watling and Mary Jones during A Time to Kill (1953).

Senior Member Country: UK Freddy's Avatar
    Liked
    243 times
    These are from the Pet Shop Boys video Rent

The above is an actor who is foreign, possibly east europan, could have been in some Saint episodes.

Is the chap in the black dj Edward Tenpole of Tenpole Tudor?
    The chap in the white dj is the Viscount of Bath, Margi Clarke is also in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-d0GARTk_Nk

Liked
    182 times
    In this behind-the-scenes picture from COMPACT, doesn't the man on the right look very like the "George McGrath" actor in DANGER MAN "Fair Exchange" and THE PRISONER "The Girl Who Was Death"?:

However, I think it could be the producer, Morris Barry, who was also an actor:

Last edited by Gerald Lovell; 12-01-13 at 03:58 PM.

Liked
    182 times
    "Underworld" is an unusual DOCTOR WHO serial inasmuch as it uses CSO heavily to depict - and not very convincingly - underground scenes (due to budget cockups) and it's the only story of the original series not to have its extras recorded for posterity. John Cannon is recognisible, but not any of the other Trogs who work in the underworld, nor their guards who are masked throughout.

To our left of Tom Baker, could the old gent be Victor Croxford?

Again to our left of Tom, David J. Grahame?

Anyone else recognised?

Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cornershop15 View Post
    Belated Thanks, Aitch. So I only got one of the Espionage Five? Better than none I 'spose. I thought the now-identified Guy Standeven was an American actor so am probably thinking of someone else.

Gerald also recognised Guy and posted a capture of his appearance in Randall and Hopkirk (Deceased): Just for the Record at the 'Sighted!' thread. This is a similar shot, but with a better view of cult favourite Michael Beint (wearing red carnation). Thanks to Harry and Gerald, I now know Guy Standeven is far left:

I don't know the other two uncredited actors but am convinced the bearded man is an ITC regular

Could the guy (2nd from the left) be Roy Lansford, pictured here with Barrie Holland in King Ralph?BarrieHolland and RoyLansford KingRalph.jpg

Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Freddy View Post

Is the chap in the black dj Edward Tenpole of Tenpole Tudor?
    The chap in the white dj is the Viscount of Bath, Margi Clarke is also in the video.
    The guy on the right looks like Anthony Gilding

Liked
    182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by emps View Post

Could the guy (2nd from the left) be Roy Lansford, pictured here with Barrie Holland in King Ralph?BarrieHolland and RoyLansford KingRalph.jpg

I think it might very well be, emps. Scott, you know Roy . . . ?

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    Yes, you guys are correct, that is in fact Roy Lansford (1928-2009) in both Randall & Hopkirk and with "Barry Hollywood" as he was nicknamed in King Ralph. Roy was a very nice man, also a renowned singer, and later years chairman of the FAA. I spoke with him many times, and was very said when he died.

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    Welcome back, emps. Roy Lansford may have appeared in an episode of The Baron I watched a few days ago. Watch this space.

Extras in the 'Ghost Squad' episode Bullet with My Name on It (1961)

I see from a post at the 'Sighted' thread that Gerald identified the driver who knocks down Richard Shaw as Joe Wadham.
    Our captures should at last help me recognise Joe from now on, based on that rare close-up. What about These People?:

Like the lady waiting to get into the lift with Michael Quinn (left) and Alfred Burke:

They are followed by Dave's Waiter, as the Lift Operator I think, and a credited Frank Sieman as 'Hotel Porter':

The role of (most prominent) Waiter instead went to this man, seen here with villain Peter Williams:

I see a resemblance between him and Alan Chuntz. Could that be his father?

Liked
    182 times
    I can't answer your queries sadly, but I'm sure you would have noticed John Tatum (in two roles) and Victor Harrington in that GHOST SQUAD episode, cornershop.

Page 31 of 52 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast