Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    Many thanks, cornershop!

Liked
    182 times
    From THE HUMAN JUNGLE:

Dr. Herbert Lom here, with guest star Jess Conrad as "The Flip Side Man" and the actor playing the servant Booth - could it be Bert Vivian?

Liked
    182 times
    Another senior moment. Who is this again from the Scotland Yard 1954 short Passenger to Tokyo?:

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Tigon Man's Avatar
    Liked
    86 times
    Gerald it took me sometime to remember as well. Brian Haines.

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    He has the distinction of being one of my subjects at 'Unmentioned' and a friend of Britmovie's dicky2006.

'Inspector' Brian, happy to be on the telephone again in the Thriller episode The Crazy Kill (1975):

Going back to Oliver Johnston, I thought he and Charlie Chaplin made a great team in A King in New York, the surprise hit of last year (didn't think I'd like it but I did). Also remember him as a blind man in an episode of Gideon's Way, where he's one of Housekeeper Kay Walsh's intended victims, and for a minor role in cult series The Corridor People.

And in my Dido Plumb post recently, I should have written that Noel Whitcomb's column was in the Daily Mirror, not Express.

Liked
    182 times
    Of course it's Brian! And I've seen him recently in several Edgar Wallaces too Many thanks, gentlemen.

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    10 times
    At Lee Marvin's initial briefing in The Dirty Dozen, he is questioned by some familiar Hollywood faces (including Ernest Borgnine and Ralph Meeker here). But who is this other officer? He doesn't say anything, just looks thoughtfully stern. I guess he was there for moral support. I've seen him before--does anyone know who he is?

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    13 times
    Good question Dave. He certainly gets a good close-up in a 'not unimportant bit role'. He looks kind of familiar and I would also like to know who he is.

Liked
    10 times
    From the Invisible Man episode "Behind the Mask":

Anyone know who the confused airline pilot is? I saw him in something recently, but can't remember what!

Liked
    11 times
    I fear I don't have the technology to upload a screengrab relating to my query nor a photo because I can't find one but may I ask if anybody can identify my extra/bit player?

Norbert Smith: A Life. The Carry on Banging "sketch" with Barbara Windsor. Just behind Babs is an actress wearing a sash which says "Miss Greenham Common" and she is the person I'm trying to identify. Now, in the IMDB cast list all the names of the Greenham Common girls are given but there is no way of knowing which is which as Google Images do not identify them!

Does anybody know her name?
    Thanks

Liked
    13 times
    I can't help with the name Cully but here's the picture you need.

Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MovieDudeToo View Post
    I can't help with the name Cully but here's the picture you need.

Thanks, MovieDude, that is indeed the picture and the girl I'm asking about!!

Now, you Extras experts...who is she??

Liked
    182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Lovell View Post
    Especially for cornershop, "That Man Again" in these pictures has been named too thanks to Scott Palmer's contact: it's Tony Mendleson.

Liked
    10 times
    In The Dirty Dozen, a bunch of airborne soldiers take over the compound where the Dozen are training. All these soldiers are stuntmen. Does anyone, perhaps Aitch, recognize any of these guys? I thought number 7 might be Barry Summerford. Thanks in advance!

Liked
    177 times
    Thank you, Gerald! And even more so Scott's mysterious contact (the same one?). Sorry I was late in finding your post. This is my favourite identification yet. I shall get to work on starting a thread for Mr. Mendleson very soon. Does the contact know if Tony's appearances date back to the 1940s? I'm hopeful that he's in the celebrated portmanteau movie Quartet, possibly in three of the four stories. If I'm correct he'd be That Man Again and Again and Again ... Many Thanks.

Another uncertainty. Is the 'Norman Officer' on the left Dave Griffiths, recently identified by Aitch at Jim Brady's thread?:

And is his colleague actor/stuntman Chris Webb? This is from the 1st episode of Catweazle, The Sun in a Bottle (1970),
    during the scene where the eponymous wizard escapes from them by jumping into the lake - and into the 20th Century!

Other uncredited Normans to choose from: Derek Baker, Steve Emerson, Frank Henson and Terence Mountain (not him).

Liked
    177 times
    He's back again, Dave. As a Hotel Porter this time in the Danger Man episode Vacation (1961). With Hugh McDermott:

Much to his annoyance, he doesn't get the tip he's expecting. Coincidentally, the ubiquitous Hugh has featured in my last two
    posts, appearing alongside more Extras in another Danger Man episode I've been screencapping, The Man with the Foot

With (a caught off guard?) Patrick McGoohan:

"Another 1 to add to your collection"

Liked
    10 times
    Nice shots. I think this is the most screentime he got! He also appears in five other early Danger Mans, only one time as a waiter. So maybe I should refer to him as "Joe the Hospitality industry Guy."

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveWright72 View Post
    Nice shots. I think this is the most screentime he got! He also appears in five other early Danger Mans, only one time as a waiter. So maybe I should refer to him as "Joe the Hospitality industry Guy."
    Credited in a few sixties drama's are JOE SANTO and JOE ENRIKA, i have'nt been able to google images of them but Joe Santo has credits at IMDb and Aveleyman.

Liked
    177 times
    You're right, Dave. I can only think of a Department S episode where Joe was 'out of character'. Do you remember the capture I posted of him sitting at a table with a young lady as Alex Scott enters the room?

Good effort, philly. I think we can rule out Joe Santo, who is probably quite a bit younger than our Joe. One of Mr. Santo's
    IMDb credits is the Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em episode The R. A. F. Reunion (1973). He could be among the Extras here:

Michael Crawford is about to meet Desmond Llewelyn and the obscured Norman Shelley. Also in this scene are David Bache, Arthur Parry, Richard Sheekey, Nick Thompson-Hill, Frederick Wolfe, and Patrick Wright. Most if not all of them would have been playing Michael's former colleagues so I guess they were around 30-35 then. They have similar credits too - Doomwatch, Enemy at the Door and most notably Doctor Who.

Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em has already proved useful for identifying actors who played monsters, Cybermen, etc. Ralph Watson and Kevin Moran were both 'Workmen at Manhole' in The Public Relations Course.

Liked
    10 times
    Thanks Philly. Looked up Joe Santos; he's credited as "laundry van driver's mate" in the Fawlty Towers episode "The Kipper & the Corpse." Not my waiter, but a burly younger guy. Joe Enrika might be a better bet; he is also listed as "Joe Enrikie" on IMDb. All his roles seem to have been Arabic types, so a good possibility. Unfortunately, he only has two film credits: A New Life(1956) and Foxhole in Cairo (1960), neither of which I have or are available on video.

(cornershop seems to have posted while I was writing this! And yes I remember the Department S shot :)

Page 33 of 52 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast