Page 35 of 52 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    10 times
    I humbly withdraw my dumb idea in favor of dissolute's suggestion.

Senior Member Country: Australia dissolute's Avatar
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveWright72 View Post
    I humbly withdraw my dumb idea in favor of dissolute's suggestion.
    It could be either of them, to be frank. http://www.aveleyman.com/ActorCredit.aspx?ActorID=20086

Liked
    10 times
    The ears on Manning are a good match, and I definitely think it's him. Just Ewan came to mind first!

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    Audience in 'Devil Doll' (1964)

Yvonne Romain and William Sylvester are among those transfixed by the stage act of hypnotist (and ventriloquist) Bryant Halliday.
    They are seated next to the bearded man with a pipe. I've seen him before somewhere. MovieDude will recognise the blonde lady:

As I can't name any Extras I'm posting the image here rather than 'Somewhere in a Crowd', where it's easy to spot at least one of our regulars.

Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    The ears on Manning are a good match, and I definitely think it's him. Just Ewan came to mind first!
    It's not Hugh Manning, unfortunately, gents.

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    13 times
    Yes Cornershop. I certainly do recognise the blonde lady + the bearded man with pipe + man behind bearded man with pipe + balding man in front row. Thats four of my most wanted's in one picture. Thats got to be a record I think.

Liked
    177 times
    Doubtless I'm wrong again but I keep thinking the top left Extra looks like Clifford Earl:

From Scream and Scream Again (1969).

Liked
    182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cornershop15 View Post
    Doubtless I'm wrong again but I keep thinking the top left Extra looks like Clifford Earl:

From Scream and Scream Again (1969).
    I don't think it is, cornershop. We did try Michael Stevenson on the bearded chap with the pipe, but sadly he didn't recognise him.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    2 times
    Could the guy partially covering his face be Peter Brace ?

Liked
    182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by philly View Post
    Could the guy partially covering his face be Peter Brace ?
    I see the resemblance, philly, but I think Peter has bigger eyebrows!

Liked
    177 times
    Close-ups of the 'Devil Doll' audience - Part 1

Just before Yvonne Romain is chosen to do The Twist by hypnotist Bryant Halliday, this tracking shot begins with the young man in front of her:

Sorry it's a bit blurred. The next two images are clearer but the film needs restoring anyway, as you can see from that nasty scratch.

I'm very pleased with this, however. A great shot of the aforementioned blonde (who we've seen twice before here, with Jack Arrow):

Husband and wife? They look as if they might be. I think I'd recognise her in future. Do others agree 'hubby' looks like Luther Adler?:

More close-ups in my next post, including "the bearded man with pipe" and a lady who reminds me of one of my 'Dolly Bird' subjects.
    Last edited by cornershop15; 06-03-13 at 05:36 PM.

Liked
    177 times
    Close-ups of the 'Devil Doll' audience - Part 2

Applauding Yvonne Romain, who has come out of her trance and returns to her seat:

I thought that might have been a young David de Keyser but his screen career was well under way by this time.

The camera pans up a bit to reveal the man with the pipe and possibly my Dolly Bird subject from The Baron:

You were right about 'Clifford Earl', Gerald. Definitely not him (behind the pipe man).

Sitting next to him, as seen in the first capture, are the two in the middle. Are they mother and son?

A continuity lapse here I think. The two at the front appear to be in the seats where Yvonne Romain and William Sylvester were/should be.

Philly, you asked about the man covering his face. Having looked at other shots I can tell he's doing this deliberately. You won't want to watch
    this version of the film, which is dubbed throughout by some American 'comedians', but you will find the obscured Extra at exactly 20 minutes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLsEC...endscreen&NR=1

MST3K Devil Doll

The Projected Man has also received this (mis)treatment. Thank goodness I have both films on DVD.

Liked
    10 times
    Some mystery people from Gorgo.

The officer in charge of the submarine nets guarding the Thames was I thought Hedger Wallace, but apparently not:

unk1a.jpg

The navy officer who reports Gorgo's mum has gotten through the nets gets a nice closeup, but I don't know him. Thought he was Clifford Earl, but apparently not:

unk1.jpg

The River Patrol lieutenant who sets the Thames alight trying to stop the beat also gets a nice closeup. Any ideas?

unk2.jpg

The missile battery commander who tries to stop her (but only ends up destroying Big Ben) is Howard Lang, but who is his sergeant?

unk3.jpg

Sorry for the tiny photos; Photobucket is down for "maintenance."
    Last edited by DaveWright72; 07-03-13 at 11:36 PM.

Liked
    182 times

The navy officer who reports Gorgo's mum has gotten through the nets gets a nice closeup, but I don't know him. Thought he was Clifford Earl, but apparently not:

unk1.jpg
    Sudden thought, Dave: Stanley Morgan.

Liked
    10 times
    You are absolutely right! Should have recognized him from Konga.

Senior Member Country: Australia dissolute's Avatar
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cornershop15 View Post
    [CENTER]Close-ups of the 'Devil Doll' audience - Part 2

The camera pans up a bit to reveal the man with the pipe and possibly my Dolly Bird subject from The Baron:

Is that your bearded man or John G. Heller in a false beard?

That YouTube thumbnail looks like Irene Bradshaw, I assume it's Yvonne Romain with whom I'm unfamiliar.

Liked
    182 times
    The bearded man's eyes are very similar to John G. Heller's, I just wish we knew who he is.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    8 times
    Hi Cornershop15, The chap in the front third picture down. manny Michael.

Liked
    177 times
    Thanks very much, Jim. I assume this is Manny Michael:

His filmography so far comprises of four appearances in the Quatermass II series and the obscure film You Can't Win 'Em All.

Familiar faces in 'Gideon's Way'?

Isn't that my mystery brunette from The Baron again (and the other reposted capture from Devil Doll) with Audrey Nicholson?:

In this scene from the episode The Reluctant Witness, Audrey has narrowly escaped being run over (deliberately) by villain Dervis Ward.

The next in production, also during April 1965, was The Millionaire's Daughter. I thought this might be the man who gasses The Prisoner:

Did we ever establish if that was William Lyon Brown? Anyway, the more I look at this surveillance man (if that's what he is), the more I doubt it.

Liked
    182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MovieDudeToo View Post
    Thank you Cornershop. I also notice that 'I' keep adding an extra 'L' to Philip Stewart (the suspect in your pic). For some odd reason I can never remember whether it's one 'L' or two. The lady in your image has been on my most wanted list for some time now. It is very nice to see another image of her. I only have three images to date and here they are.

Attachment 11677
    A wild thought, but I see another resemblance to this lady, namely Doreen Dearnaley, a veteran continuity lady. Mind you, Doreen was not doing the continuity on any of these three films, nor on The L-Shaped Room . . .

Page 35 of 52 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast