Page 36 of 52 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cornershop15 View Post
    Thanks very much, Jim. I assume this is Manny Michael:

His filmography so far comprises of four appearances in the Quatermass II series and the obscure film You Can't Win 'Em All.

Familiar faces in 'Gideon's Way'?

Isn't that my mystery brunette from The Baron again (and the other reposted capture from Devil Doll) with Audrey Nicholson?:

In this scene from the episode The Reluctant Witness, Audrey has narrowly escaped being run over (deliberately) by villain Dervis Ward.

The next in production, also during April 1965, was The Millionaire's Daughter. I thought this might be the man who gasses The Prisoner:

Did we ever establish if that was William Lyon Brown? Anyway, the more I look at this surveillance man (if that's what he is), the more I doubt it.
    That is indeed Manny Michael, cornershop, one of the recently-identified extras from Michael Stevenson. The bottom picture looks more like Tony Castleton. I think we did establish that THE PRISONER's gasser was not William Lyon Brown.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    8 times
    Yes Gerald. that is Manny Michael.

Liked
    182 times
    Please remind me: did we ever get a name for the porter at the front here heading into the Royal Garden Hotel? I had a feeling we did - he's a very frequent extra, but can't find where:

From The Scales of Justice film Company of Fools (1966). The bewigged one is Barrie Ingham.

Liked
    182 times

He frequently plays a thug - as he is doing here in DIXON OF DOCK GREEN "Eye Witness" - but can anyone remember who he is?

Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Freddy View Post
    These are from the Pet Shop Boys video Rent

The above is an actor who is foreign, possibly east europan, could have been in some Saint episodes.

Is the chap in the black dj Edward Tenpole of Tenpole Tudor?
    The chap in the white dj is the Viscount of Bath, Margi Clarke is also in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-d0GARTk_Nk
    Willy Bowman is the ' foreign actor', ( best known for the German episode of ' Fawlty Towers' ) Tony Gilding the dark haired dinner guest and the butler is Ron Burradge who was the Alfred Hitchcok look-a-like and played Hitch in 'Double Take'

Liked
    182 times
    Does anyone know the name of the chap under the stairs here?

Prentis Hancock is coming down them, watched by Ewen Solon. From DOCTOR WHO "Planet of Evil" (1975).

Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    The guy under the stairs is James Linton

Liked
    182 times
    Thanks, Ken. Looks like another example of incomplete BBC records, as they only show David Rolfe, Alf Costa, Julian Hudson, Richard Eden and Peter Dukes (who I was actually looking for) as uncredited Astronauts in this programme, apart from the well-known Terry Walsh and Max Faulkner.

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    10 times
    Anyone know who this Corporal in Mosquito Squadron is? He reminds me of Nicholas Campbell, but Campbell was 16 when this was filmed...

Liked
    182 times
    Is it Frank Jarvis?

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    I thought of Frank too. We might be right, Gerald!:

In The Saint episode The Rough Diamonds (1963).

Liked
    10 times
    Exactly right--he is on the cast list I have; just didn't know him. Thanks!

Liked
    10 times
    One more Mosquito to slap at:

I know the pilot in the middle is Michael Latimer, but who are the other two. My mind is blanking, moreso than usual...

Liked
    177 times
    Hello again, Dave. The actor on the left is Michael McGovern, who is on the right in this screencap:

With Michael Latimer and David McCallum. Not sure about your other two but one might be Derek Steen:

Last edited by cornershop15; 28-03-13 at 11:46 PM. Reason: Added second picture.

Liked
    10 times
    Thanks cornershop--I should have figured that out. McGovern is only called by his character name when he has his flying helmet on, and he looks completely different without the headgear! I do think that could be Steen on the right in the first shot, too. Thanks much!

Liked
    182 times
    cornershop, practically at an Easter service for our old friend in Heavens Above! (1963):

His wife sitting next to him gives him a glare when vicar Peter Sellers refers to the pleasures of whisky drinking in his sermon.

Liked
    10 times
    Here's the old codger in the 1964 Danger Man episode "The Professionals." I know cornershop mentioned he had been sighted, but thought I'd share the picture. Looks he was enjoying his whiskey in this one!

Liked
    10 times
    I am perplexed at the identify of this RAF officer enjoying a training film with Charles Gray in Mosquito Squadron. Could it be Bill Risley?

Senior Member Country: Australia dissolute's Avatar
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Lovell View Post
    cornershop, practically at an Easter service for our old friend in Heavens Above! (1963):

His wife sitting next to him gives him a glare when vicar Peter Sellers refers to the pleasures of whisky drinking in his sermon.
    Who is that man - he often reminds me of Charles Farrell and was in some early Avengers photoshoots.

By the way, is there any way to save an entire thread? There's so much useful info here that I'd love to preserve for posterity.
    Speaking of which, I wonder if they scoured the BBC Television Centre for film cans...
    Last edited by dissolute; 01-04-13 at 12:03 AM.

Liked
    177 times
    Good morning, dissolute. I use Print Screen to save posts to The Britmovie Computer, where they are stored in folders and easier to locate.

You're right - he does look like the Irish Charles Farrell. Not to be confused with Janet Gaynor's frequent co-star.
    'Old Codger' was one of my first subjects at the thread. Here he is again in a publicity still for Man of the World:

This has been misfiled in the DVD's image gallery for Jungle Mission. It's actually from Double Exposure (1963).
    He impersonates a Field Marshall by appearing on the terrace of his castle, and is only shown in the distance.
    Last edited by cornershop15; 01-04-13 at 10:57 AM.

Page 36 of 52 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast