Page 38 of 52 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    It's not Arnold, cornershop, but could the tippler front left be the recently and sadly departed Frank Thornton?

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    Re: 'As Long as They're Happy'

Gerald, I have gone back to the beginning of the reception scene to see if I could get a better capture. Does this help?:

Liked
    182 times
    Thanks, cornershop, though that shows it's not Frank Thornton. Only the back of his head can be seen in the screencaps you've posted of the scene, but I'm now wondering if the brown-haired chap near the centre of the above screencap could be Reg Thomason?

Liked
    177 times
    Selected Extras from 'As Long as They're Happy' (1955)

Only the back of that man's head is shown as well, Gerald, but I do know it's not our Reg. Maybe better luck with these?

The tall figure at the back looks as if he's an experienced passer-by in films. Less noticeable is the old lady on the right:

An underused Joan Hickson is the Barmaid serving Jack Buchanan and his psychiatrist David Hurst.

I think this is the Doorman at the Hippodrome Theatre, caught up in the frenzy as singer Jerry Wayne enters the building:

Probably more of an actor than extra. He reminds me a bit of Charles Lloyd Pack but this man would be a few years older.

Finally, a closer view of the lady reporters you may have seen at Victor Harrington's thread yesterday. With Jerry Wayne:

I'm particularly interested in the one nearest camera. She also seems to be "more actor than extra" and hopefully had some credited roles. Just out of shot is a beautiful young redhead who Jerry serenades with an unmemorable song. An ideal subject for 'Unknown Starlets of the 1940s and 50s', a thread I have wanted to start for quite some time (as a companion to 'Unknown Dolly Birds of the 60s and 70s').

Only three subjects at the moment but I believe there's potential for many more. Key films so far are Lady Godiva Rides Again, which includes a young Anne Heywood, and the early St. Trinian's classics.
    Last edited by cornershop15; 24-04-13 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Improved writing.

Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    I think this is the Doorman at the Hippodrome Theatre, caught up in the frenzy as singer Jerry Wayne enters the building:

Probably more of an actor than extra. He reminds me a bit of Charles Lloyd Pack but this man would be a few years older.

I thing that looks like Leslie Adams

Liked
    182 times
    Surely he's too old for Leslie Adams, Ken, in a 1955 film?

cornershop, in the pub scene, could the man be the same chap we've come across before (regular ITC policeman/man in the crowd in They Came from Beyond Space, etc.)? I know there was some discussion as to his name based on the Technix photographs from DOCTOR WHO, but I can't remember if his identity was definitely established.

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    13 times
    This is Charlie Apples from The Entertainer. Identified by Aitch some time ago.

Would I be right in assuming his name is actually Charlie Appleby??

Last edited by MovieDudeToo; 25-04-13 at 12:26 PM.

Liked
    0 times
    Unknown reporter in Passport to Pimlico.jpg

Can anyone tell who the reporter is talking to Stanley Holloway in Passport to Pimlico. He has a few lines, but is not credited. The crediting on this film is strange. There are credits for people who have no lines such as the conjuror Masoni and Nancy Gabrielle as Mrs. Cowan.

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby10 View Post
    Can anyone tell who the reporter is talking to Stanley Holloway in Passport to Pimlico. He has a few lines, but is not credited. The crediting on this film is strange. There are credits for people who have no lines such as the conjuror Masoni and Nancy Gabrielle as Mrs. Cowan.
    Especially on older films, players often had the option between their name in the credits or being paid more money. Whether they had any lines, were a named character or their time on screen often had little to do with it. It generally depended on the deal that their agent got for them

Steve

Liked
    0 times
    Thanks Steve. Any ideas on the reporter?

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    Movie Dude:

There IS an extra named Charlie Appleby, who did hundreds of films, but the man you have pictured from The Entertainer is Jimmy Charters, who was known as "Apple Blossom."

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    13 times
    Thanks Scott. I've been wondering about his surname for a while now. I didn't think 'Apples' could be his real name so when I saw 'Charlie Appleby' in one of the list you sent me it made me wonder whether they could be connected. Jimmy Charters is another new name to me but an old face. I have 25 images of him. Nice to have his name at last. I now have to wonder how many more I have, named incorrectly?

Liked
    10 times
    From the second episode of The Saint, The Latin Touch, I think this is Tony Castleton as a Roman vendor trying to sell knick-knacks to Simon Templar at the Coliseum (or at least a set meant to be the Coliseum). Since Castleton was a recent subject in this thread, thought I would post it here.

Liked
    182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveWright72 View Post
    From the second episode of The Saint, The Latin Touch, I think this is Tony Castleton as a Roman vendor trying to sell knick-knacks to Simon Templar at the Coliseum (or at least a set meant to be the Coliseum). Since Castleton was a recent subject in this thread, thought I would post it here.

I don't think it's Tony Castleton, Dave, but Ken Hutchins.

Liked
    10 times
    Thanks Gerald, that's who I meant--getting my wires crossed again! Quite a few other people in this episode in restaurant scenes: Ned Lynch, the Andy Alston lookalike and I believe a young Caron Gardner.

Liked
    182 times
    I think Jack Sharp's in it too, Dave?

Liked
    10 times
    I didn't see him, but I'm going to give it another run-through. Maybe I missed him.

Liked
    182 times
    I don't know for sure who these gentlemen on cue from Emergency Call (1952) are, but might the one on the right be a young Robert Shaw?:

Liked
    177 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Lovell View Post
    cornershop, in the pub scene, could the man be the same chap we've come across before (regular ITC policeman/man in the crowd in They Came from Beyond Space, etc.)? I know there was some discussion as to his name based on the Technix photographs from DOCTOR WHO, but I can't remember if his identity was definitely established.
    Behind with posts again, Gerald. He hasn't been identified yet but I know who you mean:

Credit to dissolute for this screencap. The reason I refer to him as 'dissolute's Policeman'.

Scene from the 'Department S' episode Six Days (filmed July 1968)

Can anyone name the uncredited pilots between 'Air Traffic Controller' John Gabriel and 'Captain' Bernard Horsfall?:

The sadly-late Bernard as another 'Captain' (Joyce) in Shout at the Devil (1976)

From the Actors Compendium.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Tigon Man's Avatar
    Liked
    86 times
    Opposite Bernard Horsfall and looking down at the grey haired chap is ITC regular Charles Houston.

Page 38 of 52 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast