Page 42 of 52 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    10 times
    A long shot, but does anyone recognize the bearded intern on the right in the first episode of Doctor at Large? I know I've seen him before--looks like John Osborne with a fake beard. And could that be Nigel Lambert behind Richard O'Sullivan?

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    The man on the left rather looks like Alec Sabin:

In Billy Liar - Billy and the Muse of Fire (1974)

Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    Or maybe David Seaforth, who was a youthful platoon member in early episodes of DAD'S ARMY?

(pinched from MovieDude's site)

John Walter Skinner knew David from STRANGE REPORT, so he may have a better idea.

I'm sure the other chap isn't Nigel Lambert, though.

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    10 times
    Yes, obviously isn't Lambert--should have said looks like Nigel Lambert. Both good suggestions--thank you fellows! Now I just need to remember where I saw the other one...

Liked
    177 times
    Does anyone know what June West looked like in the 1960s? A forum search reveals that she's only been mentioned a couple of times at the 'Sighted' thread, regarding her as yet un-sighted appearance in Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush. Thanks to Scott, I now know June was in the earlier films Alfie and The Pumpkin Eater. Looking through the many screencaps I did for both these films, I noticed two blondes who are hopefully the same lady - and even more hopefully June West.

As you can see I've left Anne Bancroft in my cropped image from The Pumpkin Eater because I think it's a good shot!:

Last edited by cornershop15; 23-09-13 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Misfiled screencap at Photobucket.

Liked
    177 times
    Searching for Ann Barass

On the left is Ann's appearance in Alfie (filmed 1965), identified by
    Aged AD and cropped by MovieDude. Right - a more recent picture:

After hours of frustration, going through old screencaps and creating new ones, I think I have found her (on the right):

This is from a scene in Poor Cow (1967) where Carol White has gone to visit lover Terence Stamp in Wandsworth Prison. Her friend is Geraldine Sherman. If that is Ann, it should be easier to spot her in other things. However, I've scanned a number of films on her list already and haven't seen anyone who looks like the lady/ladies in those images. In addition to Poor Cow, I also tried my luck with Deadlier Than the Male today. The only possibilities seemed to be a Typist in the pre-credits sequence and Ralph Michael's secretary I think - and she's neither of those.

MovieDude's Unnamed Extra(s)

Is this the same woman?:

Heaven's Above! (1963)|The Early Bird (1965)

Liked
    177 times
    Extras in 'To the Devil a Daughter' (filmed in 1975)

I don't think I know any of them. The blonde at the Piccadilly Gallery, for instance. Anthony Valentine on the right :

Denholm Elliott is looking for Richard Widmark, who he's asked to look after daughter Nastassja Kinski. Was she really 14?

He meets her at the airport and they go to The Ivory House at St. Katherine's Docks, where we encounter this couple:

Father Michael (Christopher Lee) has possessed the teenage nun's mind and she 'freaks out' on Tower Bridge:

At first, I thought the gentleman might be a long-haired Alan Chuntz. Now I'm convinced it's a young Roberto Mancini!:

Thanks again to Stonefan for giving me the incentive to watch this underrated film, following his sighting of Juba
    Kennerley on his way to the Piccadilly Gallery. There are more faces to 'do' from that scene so watch this space.

Liked
    182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cornershop15 View Post
    Extras in 'To the Devil a Daughter' (filmed in 1975)

It looks like Eden Fox on the way out.

Liked
    177 times
    Gerald, I'll return to the Piccadilly Gallery scene later in the week and see if I can find a better view of that extra.

Still trying to identify Ann Barrass. She's in all the films listed below and should be among MovieDude's Unnamed Extras:

Anne of the Thousand Days, Fahrenheit 451, (Carry On) Don't Lose Your Head, Tom Jones, A Clockwork Orange

Even if none of those faces are Ann, one or more of them are a close match to the woman in this capture from Darling:

I think she's advertising executive Laurence Harvey's secretary in that and, you may recall, a prison visitor in Poor Cow:

Surely I'm right with the last two films? How many identifications do you think I've got right out of seven, MovieDude?

Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    Cornershop, my Alfie picture and your 'more recent picture' would suggest that this is indeed Ann Barrass even down to the near identical hair style. These images look at least ten years or more apart. That being so I have to wonder why the Poor Cow "1967" image has a completely different hair style with a fringe. Saying that, I still think the Poor Cow image is a dead ringer for her. I'm not sure at all about the rest. The next best fit in my opinion has to be the first one 'Anne of the Thousand Days'. But that would just be a guess. I think it will be necessary to view her credited appearences in Cry of the Banshee and/or The Oblong Box. Aveleyman has done both of these but has sadly missed out Ann. Pity.

Liked
    182 times
    Not on Ann, but on Darling: in the boardroom screencap, that's Lew Hooper third along.

Super Moderator Country: United States wearysloth's Avatar
    Liked
    19 times
    Embarrassed to say I can't find Ann Barrass, there are several candidates in both Cry of the Banshee and Oblong Box. Will see if I can narrow the field. Banshee did yield Fred Woods, George Oliver, Aitch and a few folk I didn't have pictured before: Pamela Farbrother, Jane Deady, Louis Selwyn and Hugh Portnow.

Liked
    19 times

Ann Barrass
    Which I think conforms cornershop15's #51
    http://filmdope.com/forums/ex...s-1960s-3.html
    So this girl in Oblong Box

...and I still can't find her in Cry of the Banshee unless she is

Liked
    177 times
    It seems I got all seven wrong. However, I still think most of the images are of the same woman (whoever she may be).

Wearysloth, I only see a slight resemblance between the Man in a Suitcase girl (below, right) and your black-and-white
    picture of Ann Barrass, but do think she might be one of MovieDude's Unnamed Extras in Far from the Madding Crowd:

The Oblong Box lady seems to be the actress Jim recognised as Ina Clare. Are any of these Ann (who was in all four films)?:

Anne of the Thousand Days, From Russia with Love, Quatermass & the Pit, Doctor in Clover

Liked
    182 times
    I think that must be Ann in Doctor in Clover.

Liked
    19 times
    The Oblong Box lady, although she might not be Ann is definitely not Ina Clare who is sitting at a different table with a different fella in that scene, there's one shot with them both in but rear view only, further Ina is wearing a sleeveless dress and the potential Ann has sleeves. Of the unnamed actresses pile, if any of them are Ann, it is the Quatermass lass. I'll try Torture Garden next.

Liked
    182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cornershop15 View Post

For the purposes of comparison, I'm reposting Scott Palmer's small but much more recent picture of Ann:

Her high cheekbones are quite noticeable and her nose somewhat pointed down. Still makes me think Doctor in Clover is a likely candidate.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    8 times
    Hi cornershop 15, a bit of a mix up, this lady is not Ina Clare, I have worked with her a few times but sorry I cannot remember her name.

Liked
    177 times
    I agree with wearysloth that the "Quatermass lass" looks the most similar to Ann as identified by Aged AD, in Alfie, but also think the face from Doctor in Clover is the closest match to that later picture - as Gerald has thought (the reason I selected it). Are they really the same woman?:

Apologies for the confusion regarding the Oblong Box ladies. They look very alike here:

This is Ina Clare, according to Jim.
    Last edited by cornershop15; 23-10-13 at 11:13 PM.

Liked
    177 times
    Is that Ann, entering Syon House in Accident (1967)?:

With Michael York and Dirk Bogarde..

Page 42 of 52 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast