Page 45 of 52 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    If you find this Roger, thank you for identifying John Smart in Charlie Bubbles yesterday (at Hummies' Favourite Extras).

I am planning more posts in relation to one of my Top Ten films. The gentleman on the right will again feature in the next:

]

The diner in the middle is the man I mistook for John Tatum when I posted this at Somewhere in a Crowd last year (#10):

The asterisks were supposed to denote those I recognised. I was right with Derek Aylward (4), David Harrison (5) & Jill Goldston (13), however!

Liked
    177 times
    Here is an alternative shot of that diner in Charlie Bubbles. Is the man next to him a (more) familiar face?:

The Waiter, who also appears in the other capture, will return soon at the 'Waiters and Waitresses' thread.

I recognised my latest subject from a party scene in The Human Jungle episode The Lost Hours (1963):

The blonde next to him is Jan Williams, Robert Shaw's masseuse in From Russia with Love. On the right, Arthur Goodman.
    Last edited by cornershop15; 07-03-14 at 01:45 PM.

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    Is this possibly Steve Donahue on the right in Three Cases of Murder? Still not adept at identifying him.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    23 times
    Jill Goldston (Post 881) is appearing as a guest on BBC Radio 4's "Saturday Live" programme THIS morning at 9.00 am
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03xcmhc

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    2 times
    Looks like Steve to me, Dave

Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by philly View Post
    Looks like Steve to me, Dave
    And me, Dave. Which part is he in?

Liked
    0 times
    He's in the second part "You killed Elizabeth," watching John Gregson and Emrys Jones have a drunken scuffle. Pat Ryan is at the bar, too.

Liked
    182 times
    Thanks, Dave. And thanks also for identifying John Tatum in River Patrol (1948), one of the most tawdry productions ever committed to film. Here is John plus "star" John Blythe doing a Roger Moore in this epic:

I am convinced the third gent is none other than "the Old Codger" in his younger guise.

Liked
    0 times
    Ha ha--I remember suffering through that Hammer "epic." Finding John Tatum was the one thing that made it worth watching! Plenty of people with speaking roles, and plenty of names in the cast, but darned if I could tie anyone together. And that is indeed the old codger in his young codger form!

Liked
    0 times
    Does anyone have an idea who these unknowns in Double Confession might be? They all have dialogue, and all are familiar, but I can't guess who they are!

Liked
    177 times
    Austin Cooper for #3? And maybe Howard Goorney for 2?:

In episodes of The Saint and The Avengers. Credit - Movie Dude

Is that Charles Aidey-Gray in the background? From the classic Thriller episode Someone at the Top of the Stairs (1973):

Concerned about her friend (Judy Carne), Donna Mills prepares to walk out on boyfriend Francis Wallis and asks the man on the right for a lift.

Liked
    177 times
    Here is another shot of the extra I believe to be Charles Aidey-Gray, again behind Donna Mills:

With Francis Wallis, who I failed to spot in last week's DVD viewing of The Breaking of Bumbo.

That's certainly Charles on the right, with Eden Fox, in The Black Windmill (also filmed in 1973):

Liked
    0 times
    As promised/threatened, some more shots from Top Secret! that I hope some folks might be spotted in.

The East German High Command (all British, of course). The officers at the far end of the table are probably too indistinct, but could that be Malcolm Johns next to Mike Reynell?

Various passersby behind a conversation between Omar Sharif and Ian McNeice. I'm certain number 8 is Cy Town, but does anyone recognize anyone else?

Two on the left ring a bell?

I think maybe Ken Coombs behind Billy J. Mitchell? I know the man on the left, but can't think of his name.

Liked
    0 times

1: Henry Roberts? 3: Jim Delaney? The rest ????

Is that Tina Hart in the red fuzzy hat? And that sure looks like an older Gerry Judge directly above her.

Man in the blue coat, really driving me crazy trying to remember his name.

Jim Payne as the waiter, maybe?

This waiter gets a name (Jurgen) and some lines, but no credit/ I'm sure I know him, but not recognizing him when he's older. Anyone?

Liked
    0 times

Tommy Winward again (he pops up four or five times in the film), but any other distinguished personages?

Not a good shot, but I think John Triplett at top left in light colored tux?

And various other diners who may or not be anyone, but who look like they should be...

Thanks for any and all help!!
    Last edited by Screencap72; 17-05-14 at 03:55 AM.

Senior Member Country: England harryfielder's Avatar
    Liked
    51 times
    Reg Turner...

Liked
    182 times
    Passerby 5 looks awfully like Ernie Rice, but was he still around them? 8 isn't Cy Town, but Cy is in the "blue coat" crowd scene, middle towards the right with a moustache. Harold Coyne just in front of the tall guy on the left?

That is Gerry Judge, yes.

The officer next to Leslie Adams: Max Faulkner? And in the Tommy Winward dining room picture, James Muir centre back?

I don't think it's Jim Payne though, but no doubt he will let us know!
    Last edited by Gerald Lovell; 17-05-14 at 09:22 AM.

Liked
    177 times
    So was I right about Charles Aidey-Gray? You have two screencaps to choose from. And what about the Double Confession guesses?

An extra I remember mistaking for Movie Dude's Unknown Male 12 has turned up again in Some Will, Some Won't (1970):

About to exit the frame as Michael Hordern attempts to steal a (very long) necklace. Girl in Yellow Dress: Imogen Hassall?

I first noticed him in this auction scene from my favourite episode of Department S, Death on Reflection (1969):

Behind the bearded Paul Whitsun-Jones are (l-r) Roy Lansford, unknown, Hugh Cecil, Frances Baker and Walter Henry.

Liked
    182 times
    Hi cornershop. Yes, that's Charles Adey-Grey. The chubby chap looks rather like a black-haired Ross Parker.
    I'm not so sure that's Imogen, though.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    8 times
    No the waiter is not me.

Page 45 of 52 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast