Liked
    0 times
    Years ago on CBC in Canada, I watched a British Christmas movie that I cannot find a listing for anywhere. I don't know the title but when I search, the plot doesn't come up. The movie is set in modern times (from late 1980's to early 1990's is when it was made) about a landlord or lawyer collecting rents or managing buildings and kicking people out or suing them (something legal was going on and he's not a nice guy.) Complications insue that eventually lead him to be nice and fall in love. Meanwhile, riding on a donkey and walking through modern London (or Newcastle, or Manchester-not sure) are Mary and Joseph but dressed as if in Biblical times. They eventually find shelter and it ties into the young man's story. It's a bit bizarre but it was really good. Anyone remember the title or young man playing the lawyer/manager?

Senior Member Country: Wales
    Liked
    0 times
    Sounds a bit like 'Christmas Present' - a TV film shown on Channel 4 about 1985.

Senior Member Country: England woody123's Avatar
    Liked
    11 times
    Sounds like the Christmas carol remake with Ross Kemp as loan shark Eddie Scrooge .Also starred Warren Mitchell and wasn't bad(I don't usually like Ross Kemp) .It first aired in the UK in 2000 though.

Liked
    0 times
    Not Christmas Carol because I've seen that and it's wonderful with Ross Kemp. But thanks.

Liked
    0 times
    It is "Christmas Present"!!!!! I just found it on Google.uk and it's what I remember. Now, if only I could find it posted on YouTube or something. If you know of any on-line links, let me know.