Liked
    0 times
    Hi,

I have vague recollections about a movie shown in the UK one Christmas when I was a kid in the 1980's. It may not have been British, and for that I apologise in advance.

What I mainly recall is the end, where a young boy, living in a normal suburb of an average town, goes at night to visit some strange monsters whom he's befriended in a nearby cave. I recall the cave was rather multicolour, with the walls reflecting red and blue and green. I think the film ended with the monsters singing "Silent Night" and showing that they were nice, in the end, and that appearances weren't everything. I don't recall the monsters being particularly horrible looking, more like big lumps of putty. I think the final scene was the view of the cave from the outside, at night, with it emanating those reds and blues and greens slightly, whilst they sang "Silent Night." The sky was particularly clear and plenty of stars shone down. The landscape behind and around the cave was pretty spartan and disappeared into a lightly glowing horizon.

The film had a distinct 70's/80's feel, a little like Digby, The Biggest Dog In The World, which I feel like I saw around the same time.

Thanks all.

Senior Member Country: Scotland bruiser15's Avatar
    Liked
    50 times
    I know this is kind of pointless as this is so old and the OP is probably long gone but could it be this New Zealand effort that owes a lot to Sid & Marty Krofft of H R Pufnstuf fame

Link - The Monster's Christmas (1981) (TV)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTa49Oxt2rY]YouTube - Silent Night sung by monsters[/ame]