Liked
    0 times
    Can you please help identify a film.

Master at school , rather weak, has unruly class. He spends most time writing a novel. Enchanted by school secretary who regards him as nothing.

Two pupils in headmasters house, under a desk, hear head on phone arranging school inspection with purpose of sacking weak master who in an odd way is loved by his pupils.

Pupils plot a scheme and show inspector how well behaved they are and well taught. Headmasterput to shame.

Master sells his novel, becomes a hero and now resists the false-friendliness of secretary.

I would be most grateful for any clue. Thank you tiger

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    name='tiger']Can you please help identify a film.

Master at school , rather weak, has unruly class. He spends most time writing a novel. Enchanted by school secretary who regards him as nothing.

Two pupils in headmasters house, under a desk, hear head on phone arranging school inspection with purpose of sacking weak master who in an odd way is loved by his pupils.

Pupils plot a scheme and show inspector how well behaved they are and well taught. Headmaster put to shame.

Master sells his novel, becomes a hero and now resists the false-friendliness of secretary.

I would be most grateful for any clue. Thank you tiger

Ted Ray in Carry on teacher (1959) - the 2nd of the Carry On films?

I'm not sure about him writing a book, but the rest of it fits

Steve

Senior Member Country: UK jonpsych's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    name='Steve Crook']Ted Ray in Carry on teacher (1959) - the 2nd of the Carry On films?

I'm not sure about him writing a book, but the rest of it fits

Steve

Carry On Teacher has the pupils misbehaving in front of the inspectors as they don't want Ted Ray (the Headmaster) to leave