Liked
    142 times
    Piccadilly Third Stop (1960) Terrence Morgan 2 Jan 1900

Blind Date (1959) Stanley Baker and directed by Joseph Losey

6 Jan 1200

Senior Member Country: UK Wee Sonny MacGregor's Avatar
    Liked
    4 times
    And how about "Scrooge", the 1935 version with Sir Seymour Hicks. It's to be shown on 9th Jan at 9am.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Mark O's Avatar
    Liked
    202 times
    Cheers golightly, i do love these 50's black & white dramas, also on today at 13.30 is 'The Scamp' with Dickie darling, another old treasure i've not seen. (the film i mean!)

Liked
    67 times
    name='golightly']Piccadilly Third Stop (1960) Terrence Morgan 2 Jan 1900

Blind Date (1959) Stanley Baker and directed by Joseph Losey

6 Jan 1200

Piccadilly Third Stop is actually on today, 1 Jan. 1900 hrs.

Liked
    67 times
    name='Ray']Piccadilly Third Stop is actually on today, 1 Jan. 1900 hrs.

I am such an idiot, yet another senior moment, I even went out in the rain this morning thinking that today is Saturday, and I had to get my Lottery ticket. Apologies for the confusion.

Liked
    202 times
    name='Ray']I am such an idiot, yet another senior moment, I even went out in the rain this morning thinking that today is Saturday, and I had to get my Lottery ticket. Apologies for the confusion.

LOL...........no probs Ray, i saw your first post at two minutes to seven and went rushing downstairs to shove a tape into the combi, sat there waiting for the film to start........waited, and no film!

Sis was sitting there and when i told her the situation she said 'he probably thinks it's saturday', which is an easy thing to do on a bank holiday, never mind, something to look forward to tomorrow.

Liked
    67 times
    name='Mark O']LOL...........no probs Ray, i saw your first post at two minutes to seven and went rushing downstairs to shove a tape into the combi, sat there waiting for the film to start........waited, and no film!

Sis was sitting there and when i told her the situation she said 'he probably thinks it's saturday', which is an easy thing to do on a bank holiday, never mind, something to look forward to tomorrow.

Mark, I hope that you got to see Piccadilly Third Stop eventually. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and especially the performances of Terence Morgan, Dennis Price, and William Hartnell. It always amuses me how everyone seemed to be continually smoking in many films 50 years ago, even in cars, with the windows closed.

I guess only anyone of over 50 would have got a twinge of nostalgia when they saw the credits: Contemporary Furniture by G-Plan

Liked
    202 times
    name='Ray']Mark, I hope that you got to see Piccadilly Third Stop eventually. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and especially the performances of Terence Morgan, Dennis Price, and William Hartnell. It always amuses me how everyone seemed to be continually smoking in many films 50 years ago, even in cars, with the windows closed.

I guess only anyone of over 50 would have got a twinge of nostalgia when they saw the credits: Contemporary Furniture by G-Plan

I most certainly did Ray, and thoroughly enjoyed it, though it took some concentrating on, i thought about the smoking bit also, i guess it was seen as a completely natural thing to do back in the day, as mentioned on another thread me mam and dad smoked liked chimneys most of their lives so i certainly didn't know any different about puffing away being 'natural' when i was growing up, hell, even the Thunderbirds puppets smoked!