Liked
    0 times
    Hello, we saw a film on t.v a couple of years ago, possibly New years eve 2007 or New years day 2008. All I can remember is that a number of people (sorry, can't remember whether related or friends) travel somewhere for Christmas. It could have been Scotland. All I remember is that it was a lovely cosy Christmassy sort of film, where they may have become snowed in. This is very vague but does anyone remember seeing it?

Senior Member Country: UK CaptainWaggett's Avatar
    Liked
    492 times

Senior Member Country: Great Britain CALF28's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    Sounds like 'The Holly and the Ivy'.

Liked
    0 times
    Possibly 'The Holiday'? It was a christmasy film and I remember snow being part of the landscape?

Senior Member Country: England phil's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times
    Sounds similar to The Cheaters (1945) and it has been shown a few times in recent years.

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    4 times
    This also sounds very much like the stage play, Waters of the Moon by N.C. Hunter, about a family snowed up in a hotel on the edge of Dartmoor. It has been done on TV a few times but the most recent one was in 1983 with Penelope Keith, Joan Sims and Virginia McKenna.

Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the replies but I don't think it's any of the suggestions. I'm sure it was on tv a couple of years ago either Christmas or New year. I wondered whether it was Rosamund Pilchers 'Coming home' but I don't remember the cast. Does anyone remember when that was on tv?

Liked
    0 times
    Could it perhaps be "One Special Night"? with James Garner and Julie Andrews? It's American made-for-TV 1999 and I don't know where it's set but it fits the bill of them being snowbound in a very nostalgic film.

Liked
    0 times
    No it's not the film I'm looking for. I think it may have been a made for t.v film, feel sure it was a British film. Maybe I'll just have to hope it will be shown again on t.v some time!. I think I may have thrown people off by mentioning being snowed in, maybe they weren't, think it was set in winter though and was a lovely film. I wondered whether it was Winter soltice but have just read the film reviews of that, and they weren't good. As I said it was on t.v a couple of years ago either just after Christmas or New year. Thanks for all the replies though.

Liked
    0 times
    It's definitely not "Coming Home". I have seen the TV mini series several times and read the novel even more often, but there is no scene where people are snowed in. To me it sounds like one of the Jury books by Martha Grimes, but I have no clue if Jury ever has been filmed?