Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nurse Jackie

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    2 times
    Great to see Edie Falco back on our screens and what a lovely llittle series. The humour is getting to me and I feel it is going to be a hit. The old man is not getting the humour and he is anti-hospital television anyway so we may not last the pace!! Anyone else enjoying it?

Super Moderator Country: UK batman's Avatar
    Liked
    255 times
    name='supamum']Anyone else enjoying it?

Me!

Senior Member Country: Scotland narabdela's Avatar
    Liked
    20 times
    name='batman']Me!

Me too!

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    name='supamum']Great to see Edie Falco back on our screens and what a lovely llittle series. The humour is getting to me and I feel it is going to be a hit. The old man is not getting the humour and he is anti-hospital television anyway so we may not last the pace!! Anyone else enjoying it?
    Of course. Edie was the best actor in The Sopranos.

I've only caught one of these so far, but I like what I see.

They're repeated next week on BBC 4

Steve

Liked
    1 times
    I really like the half hour format. It's increasingly hard to find the time to watch even more one-hour series and this really hits the spot in the 10 O'Clock slot.

Liked
    2 times
    'Thank you very much BBC. I have discovered a lot of my pals, young and old, have taken to this programme and are thoroughly enjoying it. It is on at a very reasonable time and enjoyable to watch before beddybies. However, the BBC in its wisdom, after presenting a reasonably good dark comedy programme, has decided to move this to 11.20 next week. Are they out of their cotton picking minds? Swamped with soaps and football it was a gem to find something watchable of an evening but they decided to make the viewers who do not follow soaps and footie miserable. 11.20 too late for me

Senior Member Country: Scotland narabdela's Avatar
    Liked
    20 times
    name='supamum'] 11.20 too late for me

Timeshift!

Liked
    418 times
    I just watched the latest episode (1.6) of Nurse Jackie, the one where they say goodbye to an old colleague
      Spoiler:
    who is dying of lung cancer

Powerful stuff and some great performances, especially from Edie

Steve

Senior Member Country: UK Windyridge's Avatar
    Liked
    52 times
    name='Steve Crook']I just watched the latest episode (1.6) of Nurse Jackie, the one where they say goodbye to an old colleague
      Spoiler:
    who is dying of lung cancer

Powerful stuff and some great performances, especially from Edie

Steve

Yes this was very moving. But I just can't see why Jackie would prefer Eddie to her husband. Or is she paying him in kind for the pills?

Liked
    2 times
    name='Windyridge']Yes this was very moving. But I just can't see why Jackie would prefer Eddie to her husband. Or is she paying him in kind for the pills?

That was my first thought, windyridge. But she does seem to be quite keen on him. I don't think she prefers him to her husband, it's just a case of variety.

Liked
    52 times
    name='thatllbetheday']That was my first thought, windyridge. But she does seem to be quite keen on him. I don't think she prefers him to her husband, it's just a case of variety.

Yes you're right, prefer isn't the right word. Clever Jackie that she's able to be a full time nurse, drug addict, mother, wife and also find time for a bit of variety!!

Liked
    2 times
    name='Windyridge']Yes you're right, prefer isn't the right word. Clever Jackie that she's able to be a full time nurse, drug addict, mother, wife and also find time for a bit of variety!!

Multi-tasking - it's a woman thing!

Liked
    255 times
    name='Windyridge']Yes you're right, prefer isn't the right word. Clever Jackie that she's able to be a full time nurse, drug addict, mother, wife and also find time for a bit of variety!!

Nurses (male or female) are wonderful people .... I manage to be a full-time nurse, part-time student, father, husband, friend, cook, cleaner, taxi driver and still find time to watch films and mess about on the 'pooter!

Liked
    52 times
    name='batman']Nurses (male or female) are wonderful people .... I manage to be a full-time nurse, part-time student, father, husband, friend, cook, cleaner, taxi driver and still find time to watch film and mess about on the 'pooter!

You're not up to Nurse Jackie's standard if you can't also fit it a bit of "variety" Batman!

Liked
    255 times
    name='Windyridge']You're not up to Nurse Jackie's standard if you can't also fit it a bit of "variety" Batman!

I get more than enough variety Windyridge ... and I don't need drugs to help me!

Er ... actually I do, but they are not for recreational purposes, more to keep the ol' body ticking over!

Liked
    2 times
    name='batman']I get more than enough variety Windyridge ... and I don't need drugs to help me!

Er ... actually I do, but they are not for recreational purposes, more to keep the ol' body ticking over!

I think Eddie is for recreational purposes. The drug (Viconol?) is for getting her through the day, I believe.

Liked
    255 times
    name='thatllbetheday']I think Eddie is for recreational purposes. The drug (Viconol?) is for getting her through the day, I believe.

If she needs drugs to get through the day, Eddie is not doing his job properly!

Liked
    1 times
    I think its a mixture of self medication for the back problems mentioned in the first episode - which might explain the presence of Greg House's favourite Vicodin (SP?) on Nurse Jackie's list, and good ole recreational drug use.

Liked
    255 times
    name='Lord Brett']I think its a mixture of self medication for the back problems mentioned in the first episode - which might explain the presence of Greg House's favourite Vicodin (SP?) on Nurse Jackie's list, and good ole recreational drug use.

That's what I thought. Vicodin (hydrocodone) is a Class A drug in the UK, it's not one I have come into contact with at work (or at home).

Liked
    418 times
    name='batman']That's what I thought. Vicodin (hydrocodone) is a Class A drug in the UK, it's not one I have come into contact with at work (or at home).
    It's more popular in the Americas than here. A lot of the spam emails I get advertise it. It's a synthetic opioid based on some naturally occurring opiates. But like all opiates it can be quite addictive, physically as well as psychologically - and I never liked opiates anyway, they're a lot rougher than other methods of pain control

There was actually a reference to Vicodin in episode 2 or 3 of Nurse Jackie where a tourist couple were brought in and as well as her other problems, the wife had decided to suddenly give up her Vicodin while she was on holiday in the big city, so she also had opiate withdrawal to cope with

Steve

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast