Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Evenin' all!

I'm just trying to fill the gaps in my Dave Allen collection, he having inspired my username after all, but I am still a few items short. I have no idea if anything even exists of his Aussie or ITV shows, so I would be happy if some of them where out there, and the same goes for his early Val Doonican appearances. If you have any of that please get in touch!! I also have a few more 'realistic' wants. Firstly I am after the 1970 TV film 'Squeeze A Flower', if it exists, the 1979 Allan Bennett play 'One Fine Day', his 1985 Xmas special and his 1986 Xmas special. Also any interview appearances or any other curios!!

I have a fairly large trades list, including all other specials, his ITV series, all 5 series of 'At Large', his last 1990 series for the BBC and the 'Live...On Life' DVD he released in 1998, with the 20 minutes of unbroadcast material from his 1990 BBC series.

If anyone can help me please get in touch!!! Goodnight and may your god go with you!!

Senior Member Country: Great Britain GoggleboxUK's Avatar
    Liked
    6 times
    I have The Unique Dave Allen - Series 1, Dave Allen BBC1 December 26th 1984 and Dave Allen - Vintage 20 Years Of Laughter.

Senior Member Country: England paul kersey's Avatar
    Liked
    30 times
    I wish that I could help in some way, but I can't. It is so nice that someone out there admires the great man. For me he was a comic genius and never received the credit during his lifetime that he should have. He has never been replaced on TV, the young pretenders, just never reach his skill level. I often thought that he would have been perfect casting in "Father Ted", either as Ted or as Father Jack even !. It would great if more of his material were to be made available on DVD.

Good Night, God Bless and may your God go with you.

Liked
    0 times
    Hi Dave Cigs

The aussie series is available from Umbrella (minus one missing episode).

I'm a big fan too and have some stuff, but I can't check it for a month or so as it's all packed up because I'm moving. I definitely don't have the two films/plays.

I don't do trades though. My view is we should all help each other. Trading belongs to businesses, not fans. You're welcome to anything I have that you want (I'll send you a list when I unearth at the other end).

Steve

Senior Member Country: Spain Rowdon's Avatar
    Liked
    143 times
    I can't help either, but I'd quite like to see one of the Japanese shows. In one of his monologues he commented on how strange it was to watch himself suddenly speaking fluent Japanese. Obviously they're just British or Australian shows dubbed, but they'd be a curiosity just because he referred to them.

Liked
    0 times
    Same here Steve, by trades I mean swaps, but I'm happy to help people out too. I cerainly disagree with money changing hands!

Liked
    0 times
    Swaps are fine, but how do you get something that I have, if you have nothing I want? I prefer just to share. That way, everybody wins, and we're all friends and fellow fans.

Liked
    0 times
    Dave Cigs - love the avatar BTW. Where does it come from? It's not Day of the Daleks, is it?

Liked
    0 times
    It's actually from 'The House That Dripped Blood' a great movie! As I said I don't mind helping people out but I can't spend my entire life burning discs and my entire income on blank DVDs! Send me your list when you get a mo mate!!

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    I have the 1971 series Dave Allen at Large from BBC2 a couple of years ago, I would love any more of his BBC series, especially the xmas ones, does anyone know how many many xmas shows he did, I know their was one from 1979.

If anyone could help us out with anymore shows I would be very gratefull, I have plenty of swaps.

many thanks