Thread: 90,s TV play

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    This was a short play, in summary two school teachers leaving school for the weekend, man wants to accompany girl on her weekend break. She does not agree. However he finds out the location in some way and turns up at the cottage she is staying in. Foul play ensues and there is something about the mans car but can't recall what it is.

Any help appreciated.

Roddy

Senior Member Country: England jaycad's Avatar
    Liked
    100 times
    name='roddy']This was a short play, in summary two school teachers leaving school for the weekend, man wants to accompany girl on her weekend break. She does not agree. However he finds out the location in some way and turns up at the cottage she is staying in. Foul play ensues and there is something about the mans car but can't recall what it is.

Any help appreciated.

Roddy

sounds a bit like 'the lorelei'?

Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for that jaycad, I have looked up the lorelei and the plot does certainly have similarities but I am not convinced this is what I saw unless it ended up with a murder or attempted murder in a cottage!

Liked
    100 times
    name='roddy']Thanks for that jaycad, I have looked up the lorelei and the plot does certainly have similarities but I am not convinced this is what I saw unless it ended up with a murder or attempted murder in a cottage!

when i read your original post it reminded me of two plays,both shown on the BBC in the early 1990s-'the lorelei' which i have already mentioned,and 'the blue boy' which involves a couple staying in a cottage B&B and the husband dying by drowning after his car plunged into a lake after supernatural events (the husband was having an affair and his mistress was causing trouble with the wife whilst they were on holiday)

Senior Member Country: UK rose ellen's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times
    The plot sounds like Accident.It isn`t a short play but the other things fit and there was a car accident.I am sorry I don`t know how to post a link but if you go to IMDB you will get more information.There wasn`t a murder or attempted murder though.

Liked
    100 times
    name='rose ellen']The plot sounds like Accident.It isn`t a short play but the other things fit and there was a car accident.I am sorry I don`t know how to post a link but if you go to IMDB you will get more information.There wasn`t a murder or attempted murder though.

if you want to post a link just copy the http address at the top of the screen when you're on the page you want to post and then paste it into your reply on the forum.

Senior Member Country: UK rose ellen's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks for your help Jaycad

Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for all your help. It wasn't Accident or Blue Boy. The closest is Jaycad's The Lorelei, if anyone can get any closer that would be great.

Roddy