Liked
    0 times
    Does anyone know the address of the office block in this film which was used the ' D. D. Group Of Companies ' building?

Senior Member Country: New Zealand Anthony McKay's Avatar
    Liked
    6 times
    Can anyone out there identify the locations of the car chase?

Liked
    0 times
    Sorry no, but the bikes are Suzuki GT380s - air cooled, 2 stroke, three cyclinder - nice!

Senior Member Country: England harryshand's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times
    Looks like Bard Road off Freston Road with the Westway in the background.

Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rforbes
    Sorry no, but the bikes are Suzuki GT380s - air cooled, 2 stroke, three cyclinder - nice!

Yes and a very nice MK1 Mini Minor (before they dropped the Minor bit). Although going by the interior, it was originally a very nice Tartan Red.

Why didn't she just stick in first, put her foot down and get out of there. She could have run them down for God's sake instead of going all pathetic like.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by harryshand
    Looks like Bard Road off Freston Road with the Westway in the background.

It's definitely Bard Road, a dead-end side road leading off Freston Road. At 0:23 you can the see the three distinct tower blocks in the Queensdale Road area. Here's a closer view of them from another angle as the same 'now' view hasn't yet been photographed Google Maps

I'm not 100% sure but I think Bard Road has been used in various episodes of the Sweeney and the car chase scene in Otley.

As for the entrance to the tunnel in 0:13 then this looks very much like the western approach to the tunnel at Hyde Park http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&laye...59.995883&z=19

In the 0:13 freeze frame you can just make out that the left lane veers slightly to the left and the right lane slightly to the right as in the googlmap photo. Also, a streetlight/lampost is in excatly the same place and the square concrete blocks that make up the walls of the tunnel approach are exactly the same. Looks pretty conclusive to me.

EDIT:

The following screen grab comes from an edition of Monitor profiling the photographer David Hurn. In the film David is seen driving his sports car around London and one of the places he drives is through the Hyde Park tunnel. This was filmed in 1963 so about 10 years before The Satanic Rites of Dracula but it seems to confirm the location.

The grab above doesn't appear in my browser for some weird reason so if anyone else can't see it then clcik on this link to view http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=382539160723#!/photo.php?pid=4033077&id=518451113

ALSO...

0:09 freeze frame of the wing mirror shows the distinctive v-shaped barriers in the background that run along Park Lane.

Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by taffy1967

Why didn't she just stick in first, put her foot down and get out of there. She could have run them down for God's sake instead of going all pathetic like.

Good point, I only ride bikes and have given up my car again and I find these film clips hysterical where e.g. woman in truck is chased by BIKERS! (shock horror) who balance precariously on their Harleys trying to hit her with a chain and she doesn't even think to knock them off!

(That was Petrocelli if I remember rightly)

God help her if she were to drive a Lexus at the moment ;-)

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    7 times
    The bigger question is why she decided to drive into a dead end road rather than sticking to the main streets.

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinfl View Post
    Does anyone know the address of the office block in this film which was used the ' D. D. Group Of Companies ' building?
    The D.D. Denham Group of Companies office block is located on the corner of Grosvenor Road and Vauxhall Bridge, SW1. It was last used by British Gas prior to being converted in the 1990s into residential apartments and it's exterior reclad in glass.
    Last edited by FX3; 01-10-14 at 09:29 PM.