Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dusty

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    This has always been one of my favourite Dusty tracks.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJknm_MQ2s0&feature=fvw"]YouTube- Dusty Springfield - going back 60s[/ame]

Liked
    0 times
    I believe it was played at her funeral? Beautiful track.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Mark O's Avatar
    Liked
    202 times
    name='taffy1967']I believe it was played at her funeral? Beautiful track.

It was, it's just been played on sounds of the 60's........poor Dusty.

Liked
    202 times
    There appears to be two threads on Dusty, could they be amalgamated please?

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    name='Mark O']It was, it's just been played on sounds of the 60's........poor Dusty.

Mark, would you believe it, something we agree on! A great singer, sadly missed.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain scenesixty's Avatar
    Liked
    5 times
    name='Joenoir']Mark, would you believe it, something we agree on! A great singer, sadly missed.
    A musical genius!

Have the (1967) 'Where Am I Going' (stereo) Lp, I love it!! A highly recommended CD (of the same title) If you can't locate the Lp!!

Senior Member Country: UK Sleepin_Dragon's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    Going back is my second fave Dusty track, the first being I close my eyes and count to ten, Amazing singer, one of the greats!!!

Senior Member Country: UK Dandy Forsdyke's Avatar
    Liked
    12 times
    There's a huge back catalogue of Dusty songs to explore. For the new collector I'd go straight to her masterpiece - Dusty In Memphis and then the Complete A and B Sides 1963-1970. Often her b-sides are as good as some of her a-sides.

I'd avoid any of the comeback albums that were recorded after 1974 until you're well acquainted with her first lots of albums, as they aren't really reflective of her huge talent.

Liked
    202 times
    name='Joenoir']Mark, would you believe it, something we agree on! A great singer, sadly missed.

I knew we'd eventually agree on something Joenoir!

She is much missed, Dusty and Luther are the only artistes I've actually shed tears for when I learned of their passing, I've a few pics of one of Dusty's former homes where a blue plaque is, once I've learned to get to grips with facebook and create albums I'll post a link.

My fave single of Dusty's is Give me time, she really does soar on that one, fave Springfields track is Say I won't be there.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain scenesixty's Avatar
    Liked
    5 times
    name='Dandy Forsdyke']There's a huge back catalogue of Dusty songs to explore. For the new collector I'd go straight to her masterpiece - Dusty In Memphis and then the Complete A and B Sides 1963-1970. Often her b-sides are as good as some of her a-sides.

I'd avoid any of the comeback albums that were recorded after 1974 until you're well acquainted with her first lots of albums, as they aren't really reflective of her huge talent.

You are right! those (mono) issued 45's in the sixties are now to be heard in full (stereo) and are great!!

Senior Member Country: Spain Rowdon's Avatar
    Liked
    143 times
    One of my favourite Dusty tracks is this one. Where the original by Lesley Gore is more angry, this one is more tired ... she's so sick of him. Or her (for Dusty and Lesley, funnily enough).

It's a great song done by both women, but I think Dusty's just takes the trophy. Today anyway.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTQfyY48HRs"]YouTube- Dusty Springfield - YOU DON'T OWN ME[/ame]

(I posted a great live version by La gore ver on the sixties songs thread, btw)

Senior Member Country: UK didi-5's Avatar
    Liked
    191 times
    Just back from Dusty Day at the BFI. Fabulous lady with a fabulous voice.

Liked
    67 times
    The only reason that I saw Dusty the first time was because I wanted to see Bobby Vee at the Granada, Tooting in 1961, and The Springfields were the supporting act. The last time I saw her was at Drury Lane in the early '80's, and that time I went because I was a big fan.

Senior Member Country: Spain Rowdon's Avatar
    Liked
    143 times
    name='didi-5']Just back from Dusty Day at the BFI. Fabulous lady with a fabulous voice.

More details coming soon?

Here's something I'd never seen before ... he last live performance on Later. Look it up on youtube for the information in the sidebar. Very sad.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ_omzpxBd4"]YouTube- Dusty Springfield -- Where Is A Woman To Go?, Jun '95[/ame]

Slightly brighter, a charmingly gauche and unrehearsed interview with The Beatles, starting at about 2.10.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S20yQaGSNQ&NR=1"]YouTube- The Beatles With Dusty Springfield[/ame]

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a28kY1-s-Vc"]YouTube- Dusty Springfield "The Look Of Love" (1967)[/nomedia]

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    This is one of my favourites - crazy video

Dusty Springfield - Ain't no sun since you've been gone

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXmmAQh6dqw"]YouTube- Dusty Springfield - Ain't no sun since you've been gone 60s[/ame]

Senior Member Country: UK Dandy Forsdyke's Avatar
    Liked
    12 times
    Not seen that video before - pics of Reed Richards and Sue Storm by Jack Kirby in a Dusty video - who knew!

Senior Member Country: UK didi-5's Avatar
    Liked
    191 times
    The BFI thing was part of the Lesbian and Gay Film Festival showcasing Dusty's many BBC appearances and ending with a disco on the Riverfront - great fun which even my husband enjoyed as a big fan.

Senior Member Country: Scotland
    Liked
    0 times
    name='scenesixty']You are right! those (mono) issued 45's in the sixties are now to be heard in full (stereo) and are great!!

Sorry mate I can't agree, as a devoted 60s man mono was and always will be THE way to hear music, I detest stereo mixes of classic 60s stuff...sorry

Senior Member Country: Scotland
    Liked
    0 times
    name='retrospecta']This is one of my favourites - crazy video

Dusty Springfield - Ain't no sun since you've been gone

YouTube- Dusty Springfield - Ain't no sun since you've been gone 60s

Brilliant Temptations track of course but try and catch Chuck Jackson's take on his album "Arrives"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast