Thread: Doldrums

Liked
    0 times
    I can remember a film from my childhood but cannot for the life of me remember what it was called. What i remember of it, is a young boy in the beginning in real life. He goes through a portal of some kind i think and is suddenly in a land of cartoon, like in the water babies. I remember a place called the doldrums in it, and a dog with a watch around his neck and he was called watchdog. In the final part of the film, just before the credits, the boy is back in the real world and is on a swing

If anyone knows the name of this film PLEASE let me know. It's been bugging me for months now!

Thanks in advance =)

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    name='spike1803356']I can remember a film from my childhood but cannot for the life of me remember what it was called. What i remember of it, is a young boy in the beginning in real life. He goes through a portal of some kind i think and is suddenly in a land of cartoon, like in the water babies. I remember a place called the doldrums in it, and a dog with a watch around his neck and he was called watchdog. In the final part of the film, just before the credits, the boy is back in the real world and is on a swing

If anyone knows the name of this film PLEASE let me know. It's been bugging me for months now!

Thanks in advance =)
    The Phantom Tollbooth (1970)

An American animated film - but a very clever one

Steve

Liked
    0 times
    WOW! Thanks very much. My brain can finally rest!