Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked
    0 times
    That is one damn brilliant film. Says alot about bradford folk. LOL.

Senior Member Country: UK CaptainWaggett's Avatar
    Liked
    492 times
    There was an article in yesterday's Guardian about the writer Andrea Dunbar and a new film about her life. Very sad

Back to Bradford: Andrea Dunbar remembered on film | Film | The Guardian

Senior Member Country: England AdobeFlats's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    There's a Facebook group dedicated to this film, in which some of the Members have photographed the sites used in the film. Er, yer wouldn't recognise much of it now...

Very entertaining film though, and whether the PC brigade like it or not, this is how normal people speak to each other. Unless you live in a cul-de-sac in Hampstead.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    22 times
    Isn't the writer's daughter locked up for murder (alleged) ? I worked with a girl who knew the writer when they were teenagers together

On a lighter note the scene were the girls are babysitting and dancing about is fantastic

Liked
    22 times
    The daughter of tragic Bradford playwright Andrea Dunbar has been accused of killing her two-year-old son.

Samaya Rafiq, 27, formerly known as Lorraine Dunbar, appeared in the dock at Bradford Magistrates' Court yesterday to face alternative charges of manslaughter relating to her son, Harris Dunbar.

Bradford Telegraph and ArgusWriter's daughter on tot-death charge (From Bradford Telegraph and Argus)

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Mark O's Avatar
    Liked
    202 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AdobeFlats
    There's a Facebook group dedicated to this film, in which some of the Members have photographed the sites used in the film. Er, yer wouldn't recognise much of it now...

Very entertaining film though, and whether the PC brigade like it or not, this is how normal people speak to each other. Unless you live in a cul-de-sac in Hampstead.
    LOL, People in Hampstead cul-de-sacs don't speak, they converse.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    13 times
    Saw this with Mrs Bentley as a play, a copy of which we bought. Still has the tickets inside Soho Theatre, Dean St. Sat Dec 16th 2000, it was excellent.

Liked
    150 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark O
    LOL, People in Hampstead cul-de-sacs don't speak, they converse.
    Are you sure that shouldn't be 'CONSERVE'?

Senior Member Country: UK CaptainWaggett's Avatar
    Liked
    492 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AdobeFlats

Surely it was the 'PC Brigade', in the form of the good folks at the Royal Court, who championed Andrea Dunbar's writing in the first place?

Senior Member Country: UK Moor Larkin's Avatar
    Liked
    120 times
    Spotted this in the TV schedules the other week and meant to watch it again, but then forgot.............

This locations thread is elsewhere:

http://filmdope.com/forums/fi...e-bob-too.html

Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wadey
    Isn't the writer's daughter locked up for murder (alleged) ? I worked with a girl who knew the writer when they were teenagers together

On a lighter note the scene were the girls are babysitting and dancing about is fantastic
    To Bananarama's "More Than Physical" too. You can't get much more 80's than that!

A fantastic film which seeks to contrast the working and upper classes at any opportunity given and all wrapped up with a degree of teenage naivety.

Liked
    22 times
    To Bananarama's "More Than Physical" too. You can't get much more 80's than that!

Thanks for that info, much appreciated

Senior Member Country: UK wellendcanons's Avatar
    Liked
    154 times
    I saw the play in Manchester. I enjoyed it immensely! As for the film; Brilliant!

If it wasn't sad enough about the tragic early death of Andrea Dunbar, her daughter's alleged murder charge is horrific! It's so sad! Rita, Sue And Bob Too is brilliantly written.

wellendcanons.

Liked
    0 times
    Its a film I really love as well. In fact there is very little that Alan Clarke was involved in that I dont like. His direction and production are brilliant and often as not slagged by the less liberal or easy offended. A case of love him or loath him? Or just a challenge to "norms" and life experiences?

Senior Member Country: Europe Bernardo's Avatar
    Liked
    13 times
    If you viewed my collection one would see I am no prude BUT this smacks of adult sex with minors and is to be abhorred.

Liked
    22 times
    Sure I saw George Costigan in Emmerdale the other evening

Senior Member Country: England Tonch's Avatar
    Liked
    98 times
    I've never seen it, but whenever I see the film's title I think of Rita Webb, Sue Upton and Bob Todd and imagine it's a biopic of Benny Hill

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernardo

If you viewed my collection one would see I am no prude BUT this smacks of adult sex with minors and is to be abhorred.
    I thought the girls were in the 5th grade i.e. 16 year olds?

If not then yeah it's a tad out of order but it was funny at the time and the girls were more than willing. It's part of life and growing up, happens on coincil estates all over the country, it's reality!

Senior Member Country: UK Dandy Forsdyke's Avatar
    Liked
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonch

I've never seen it, but whenever I see the film's title I think of Rita Webb, Sue Upton and Bob Todd and imagine it's a biopic of Benny Hill
    I have an image in my head I do not want!

Senior Member Country: Ireland jimw1's Avatar
    Liked
    396 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chudofbroady

I thought the girls were in the 5th grade i.e. 16 year olds?

If not then yeah it's a tad out of order but it was funny at the time and the girls were more than willing. It's part of life and growing up, happens on coincil estates all over the country, it's reality!
    The Plot

Quote:

"Two 15-year old girls from a rundown council estate in Bradford babysit for a relatively affluent couple living in a large private house in a more desirable part of the city.

They start having an affair with the married man, Bob, who seduces them in his car on the moors outside Bradford.

When Bob develops a preference for Rita, the two girls fall out.

Sue then falls for Aslam a Pakistani colleague from a taxi firm that she works for.
    "

End Quote:

Your Right chudofbroady it is Real life and happened..happens on lots of council estates in the UK.....

Not Only on Council Estates though.........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast