Thread: Beryls Lot

Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi I am looking for episodes of Beryls Lot 1973/1977 looks like they made 52 episodes

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    I remember this but haven't come across it as yet. I did read it still exists

Liked
    0 times
    Well Dave judging by your one reply not many people have it

Liked
    2 times
    I'd love to see some of these episodes too - Barbara Mitchell is a fondly remembered actress who died way too young at just 47:-

Barbra Mitchell Actress Kingston upon Thames Surrey theatre news and information

Liked
    0 times
    Crunchie just for info there are 6 episodes for sale on iOffer but I was rather hoping to get more than this

Liked
    2 times
    Thanks Den, I'll take a look.

Liked
    0 times
    Ok I gave in and bought the six episodes on iOffer

Liked
    0 times
    those recordings you bought off ioffer must have come off very old vcrs

Liked
    0 times
    name='dvdman']those recordings you bought off ioffer must have come off very old vcrs

I should think they have Betarmax came in May 1975 and Vhs Oct 1977 and Beryls Lot was made in 1973/1977 I have six episodes of this now has any one got any more episodes of this delightful series

Liked
    0 times
    Probably from Umax or N1700 recorders, I remember a few years ago someone told me every episode still exists, I loved Johnny Shand as the bookie, and yes Barbara Mitchell died far too young.

Liked
    0 times
    umatics would have been very esp to buy in the 70s iver film services at pinewood use to use them. Philips had the 1500 / 1700 these machines cost about 1 thousand pounds then

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    I'm sure we'll see the complete series eventually, marker - before or after we die. While we're waiting,

please enjoy this interview with writer Margaret Powell from the 3-9 November 1973 issue of TVTimes:

I remember Margaret as a TV personality rather than writer and loved her distinctive laugh, but even that's faded away. I have only seen

one of her archive appearances since she died, as one of the celebrities on Blankety Blank. Next to her was a young Michael Barrymore.

Liked
    0 times
    name='cornershop15']
    I'm sure we'll see the complete series eventually, marker - before or after we die. While we're waiting,

please enjoy this interview with writer Margaret Powell from the 3-9 November 1973 issue of TVTimes:

I remember Margaret as a TV personality rather than writer and loved her distinctive laugh, but even that's faded away. I have only seen

one of her archive appearances since she died, as one of the celebrities on Blankety Blank. Next to her was a young Michael Barrymore.

Many thanks Cornershop 15 for posting this interview on Margaret Powell its a shame there only seem these six bootleg episodes available.

Liked
    0 times
    Anyone know who composed the wonderful theme music for this TV series? I don't think it was ever mentioned on the credits.

Stephen Laws

The Midnight Man: The Official Website of the author Stephen Laws