Senior Member Country: UK SainT's Avatar
    Liked
    14 times
    I am trying to find british mini series set in India. I watched it on macedonian national TV channel (then TV Skopje, now Macedonian TV), in the days od ex-Yugoslavia, about 1989. It was shot in the late 1970s and early 1980s. I remember one of the main actors was Harry Andrews or could be his lookalike. It was about some secret cult very similar with KKK wearing robes, masks, and conical hats. Each member of the cult had the secret number which was known only to the leader, played by Harry Andrews.

Greg

Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    name='SainT']I am trying to find british mini series set in India. I watched it on macedonian national TV channel (then TV Skopje, now Macedonian TV), in the days od ex-Yugoslavia, about 1989. It was shot in the late 1970s and early 1980s. I remember one of the main actors was Harry Andrews or could be his lookalike. It was about some secret cult very similar with KKK wearing robes, masks, and conical hats. Each member of the cult had the secret number which was known only to the leader, played by Harry Andrews.

Greg

It wasn't set in India, but the set up sounds like THE SEVEN DIALS MYSTERY (tx: 08.03.1981).

Senior Member Country: UK SainT's Avatar
    Liked
    14 times
    name='Gerald Lovell']It wasn't set in India, but the set up sounds like THE SEVEN DIALS MYSTERY (tx: 08.03.1981).

Thanks Gerald!!!

That's it: The Seven Dials Mystery (1981)

You deserve THANKS, but that's unavailable in this section.

I was convinced it was set in India in the old british colonial surrounding, but I probably mixed up because it was set in the same period.

I am certain I haven't seen a full TV version, but it was shown here in sequels, probably in 2 or 3 parts.

This is a wonderful TV film. I didn't knew it was an adaptation from a novel by Agatha Christie, but this is a confirmation for her great talent which everything she wrote seems to be very suitable for my old-fashioned taste. I was always admired by Christie's location settings and for her honour last year I solved her 'puzzle' called St. Mary Mead.

I forgot to mention James Warwick in my previous post because I was certain he played one of the main characters. I remembered him from this film, but meanwhile all this years, somehow I forgot him. When I was in Dublin, Ireland in January 2008, I recognised him when I watched on ITV one episode of Agatha Christie's Partners in Crime as Tommy Beresford. Last year, when were still available IMDb joint ventures, I searched for Harry Andrews and James Warwick, but I am not certain if this film was listed there. I want to mention, also these two actors played together in one episode of Tales of the Unexpected called The Sound Machine, one of the few episodes I watched from this TV series when I was in Ireland. Unfortunately, ITV is not available in Macedonia and therefore I can't enjoy all these wonderful films and TV series.

Greg