Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Strange Dream

Senior Member Country: Great Britain GoggleboxUK's Avatar
    Liked
    6 times
    Last night I dreamed that I was in my old video store and Alan Rickman came in with his Mrs. He asked me to recommend a couple of good movies, an action film and a romance. Unfortunately he turned his nose up at everything I suggested.

I realised he was only interested in films that starred himself and he eventually rented Truly Madly Deeply and Die Hard and left with a smile on his face.

Very weird, where on earth did that come from? Mind you, according to my wife I was also singing the theme tune to Lost in Space in my sleep. I wonder if I need stronger medication?

Senior Member Country: England phil's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times
    Amazing! That actually happened to me in real life.

Senior Member Country: England Tonch's Avatar
    Liked
    98 times
    I frequently have weird dreams that make no apparent sense and can almost always remember them in vivid detail.

For example, last night's involved me bumping into an old University friend at a dance who led me through a door into Westminster Abbey where there was a campaign rally being held to get Stephen Lewis (Blakey from On The Buses) knighted. The man himself was there, looking very embarrassed; next thing I know I am walking through a concrete maze (the walls are shoulder height) with concrete enclosures containing zoo animals. A giant wolf reared onto its hind legs and, with its forepaws on top of the wall, stretched forwards and bit my fingers which instantly turned into cacti. I ran around the corner and bumped into Charlie Drake coming the other way, the scene changed and Charlie took a headlong dive into the hippo pool, at the far end of which, submerged, was a row of men dressed in tuxedos and each wearing a Roger Whittaker mask.

Then I woke up.

Last month I dreamed I was the best man at a wedding between George Formby and HMS Belfast!!

Senior Member Country: Australia ShirlGirl's Avatar
    Liked
    199 times
    Tonch, you are a suitable case for treatment!

Liked
    1 times
    I dreamt about Blakey last night as well! In my dream the whole cast of the On The Buses were in a yard somewhere being interviewed by an unseen and unknown reporter about the election, with Blakey being repeatedly asked to say his "I 'ate you Butler" catchphrase while the rest stood around looking sheepish. How strange...

Senior Member Country: Afghanistan
    Liked
    46 times
    Funny !

I had a dream about Adrianne Posta the other night, she was talking and walking very fast and I couldnt quite make out what she was saying, but I think she was going after an acting job . She turned into this road and I shouted "stop dont go up there its a dead end" ....the road was a very sunny,grimy Rillington Place.

but yes I have also had a few dreams about Blakey as well

Liked
    6 times
    Now I've stopping rolling around and splitting my sides laughing at Tonch's post I can tell you about last night's dream....

John Travolta was teaching me how to ski on water. Not waterskiing, just standing up on blue plastic skis on top of a fairly slow moving indoor river with steps in it.

It took me ages just to stand up but once I'd done that I completed the course without falling over, including the bit at the end that had old cars parked in the way which were filled with blankets.

I don't often remember my dreams in such vivid detail, very strange indeed.

Nurse!!

Senior Member Country: England jaycad's Avatar
    Liked
    100 times
    'on the buses' is on every night at 2.30am on ITV3 so are the people who are having the 'blakey' dreams falling asleep with the TV on by any chance?

my dreams are either too bizarre to put into words or are nightmares/anxiety dreams!

Liked
    98 times
    name='GoggleboxUK']

John Travolta was teaching me how to ski on water. Not waterskiing, just standing up on blue plastic skis on top of a fairly slow moving indoor river with steps in it.

Nurse!!

Jaycad...speaking for myself, I was unaware of the late night "On The Buses" screenings, so cannot blame that on Blakey popping up in my dream. However, I think the last thing I watched that night was on BBC 1, so it's possible I saw that "swimming hippos" link they sometimes show, which may have influenced the "hippo pool in the zoo" bit? (I'm grasping at straws really aren't I?)

I'd elaborate further about what might be going on in our dreams, but my fingers are still a bit sore and prickly when I type.

Senior Member Country: UK Mr Sloane's Avatar
    Liked
    239 times
    I can never remember my dreams but with my twisted Psyche that's probably a good idea.

Senior Member Country: England jaycad's Avatar
    Liked
    100 times
    name='Tonch']

Jaycad...speaking for myself, I was unaware of the late night "On The Buses" screenings, so cannot blame that on Blakey popping up in my dream. However, I think the last thing I watched that night was on BBC 1, so it's possible I saw that "swimming hippos" link they sometimes show, which may have influenced the "hippo pool in the zoo" bit? (I'm grasping at straws really aren't I?)

I'd elaborate further about what might be going on in our dreams, but my fingers are still a bit sore and prickly when I type.

i see dreams as being a 'recycle bin' for unwanted information/images etc which the brain tries to make sense of by putting them into story format but fails miserably!

Liked
    6 times
    name='Tonch']

Liked
    1 times
    I'm just wondering what you'd buy as a wedding present for the George Formby/HMS Belfast occasion... Can't see "When I'm cleaning portholes" catching on though.

Some dreams are odd aren't they? Apparently it's our subconscious dealing with conflicts as we sleep, but how could we know? At least you know where you are when you dream about rockets, skyscrapers, Venus fly traps and trains going into tunnels...hehe

Liked
    98 times

Stop encouraging me...if we don't get a grip soon this thread will get ridiculous

Liked
    1 times
    Fantastic! Bet he calls her " 'er outdoors"...

But I'm afraid it's got ridiculous already, all my afternoon's planned research into the relevance of trains and tunnels has been affected by my bursting into song at embarrassing moments with the 1980's popular music group Simple Minds's "Belfast Child". I've had to put down my Ian Allen train numbers book and matching anorak on several occasions today!.

I'm worried I'll dream of Blakey playing a ukelele down the Falls Road tonight now...

Liked
    6 times
    name='Tonch']

Stop encouraging me...if we don't get a grip soon this thread will get ridiculous

: : : : :

That's the funniest thing I've seen in ages! I've evn shouted the missus over to have a look. Probably a bad idea, must remember to hide the phone book before she gets me sectioned.

And they say Ricky Gervais is a comic genius. Hail Tonch, brilliant!

Senior Member Country: England Harbottle's Avatar
    Liked
    92 times
    Fantastic thread! Like Mr. S I forget my dreams almost as soon as I wake up

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    109 times
    Hi,

I have had all sorts of dreams in my lifetime. Good and bad. A psychiatrist would love me. But there is one that had entertainment value and had me laughing.

It was in the 1960's. I imagined a polythene based yellow cheesegrater that my mother had, was a little larger. When I touched it a certain way, it started to float in the air. So I quickly laid on it by resting my stomach upon the said item. It could be compared to those cork things that you laid on when you went swimming at school. I somewhere decided to go to Hemel Hempstead's town centre to do whatever. And so I flew off. Well it was cheaper than a bus. Upon arriving at the entrance of the town centre, I got off the flying cheesegrater, and put it down somehow, so it would not float. Next thing I remember, I had a parking ticket. I remember my case being dicussed in court and a judge asking as to what type of cheesegrater it was. I then woke up to reality laughing and did not find out whether I got a parking fine, inprisonment or set free. It was comical at the time, but I sometimes wonder what a psychiatrist would think of me.

But on a serious level there have been some dreams I have had that I would like to forget.

It is weird what some dreams are about.

Alan French.

Senior Member Country: Australia ShirlGirl's Avatar
    Liked
    199 times
    name='Harbottle'] Fantastic thread! Like Mr. S I forget my dreams almost as soon as I wake up
    I usually do, too, but sometimes a few days later, something happens or is said that triggers an instant recall.

Senior Member Country: England billy farmer's Avatar
    Liked
    308 times
    I can remember i once had a dream about the famous American General George Armstrong Custer, i can't remember anything about the dream except the ending, the dream ended with The Battle of the Little Bighorn (Custer's Last Stand), i can remember Custer and his men were in a circle surrounded by indians, i can remember that most of Custer's men had been killed and there was only Custer and a few of his men remaining and the indians were making their final charge and were slowly getting closer to Custer and his few remaining men, i remember that one of the indians then suddenly raised one of his hands (indicating to all the other charging indians to halt) and all the indians came to a halt, i remember that the indian who raised his hand then let Custer and his few remaining soldiers leave the Battlefield (without harming any of them), a happy ending (but not for most of Custer's men) to the dream for Custer and a few of his men.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast