Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    I watched this on movies for men a few months ago.

It's about a group of US airmen, I think two of them are captured and the Germans use a lot of subterfuge(playing between the captives) to find out more that the minimum information. Cant recall the ending, can anyone help with the title, alternatively if its not allowed is there a similar website to Britmovie dealing with US films.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Roddy

Senior Member Country: United States will.15's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    Do you have an idea how old the movie is?

Liked
    0 times
    Hi Will.15

From memory I would say 50's to 60's. I appreciate that's probably not very helpful. I am pretty sure it was in Black and White. Another point I recall is that before their capture, they were warned about the enemies interrogation tactics and I believe one of the airmen was particularly guilty of too much talking about American plans.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Roddy

Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    It's in colour and it's a British film, but there's a sequence a bit like that in The Cockleshell Heroes (1955).

Senior Member Country: UK CaptainWaggett's Avatar
    Liked
    492 times
    Have you tried the Movies 4 Men website? You can search by genre or just plough through the A-Z list

Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the advice. I haven't found the film on the movies for men website and it's not Cockleshell Heroes but many thanks for the help anyway. Usually, and it may be a matter of years I will probably come across it again as I have done with several other films.

If anyone has any further thoughts would appreciate it.

Liked
    492 times
    Perhaps a bit more information would help - is it colour or b/w?

Liked
    0 times
    It was b/w and probably late 50's at an estimate. The underlying plot played off the two? captive airmen and their weaknesses to obtain information. For example I seem to recall one of them being told that the other had revealed a bit of information, they were separated in the early days of capture.

I am annoyed at myself for not making a note of the title when I first watched the film. I probably related it to something I knew I wouldn't forget - and did.

Liked
    492 times
    [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_World_War_II_films"]Chronological list of WWII films[/ame]

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    1 times
    My immediate thought was Target Unknown made in 1951. Although quite a few films depicted captured US airmen, this one seems right to me. It showed how the Germans used interrogation different methods on different personality types and how they pieced together unit details in some cases with the airman not even realising he had given anything away.

The film soon descends into a rather bog-standard escape/resistance chase movie, but the excellent middle sequence in the German Gestapo HQ in France is well thought out and handled.

However it has NOT been shown by Movies for Men, but WAS shown by Channel 5

Paul

Liked
    0 times
    Thank you Captain, I have had a quick look and nothing springs to mind but will have a thorough wade through asap and will let you know if I find anything.

Liked
    0 times
    Thanks also to WarFilmBuff. This sounds as if it could be the one although for some reason I was convinced it was shown on M4M. The mind can play tricks!

Liked
    0 times
    I have just read the TCM synopsis for Target Unknown and I am sure this is the film.

Now to get hold of a copy. There doesn't seem to be anything commercial available so I will try the appropriate forum here.

Thanks again for all the help from members.