Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    A UK TV drama from around the mid 90's - similar to Cracker and Messiah - which has this police investigation into a missing girl or women. She was last seen in a local park. The only other things I remember were this house close to the park and some sort of lock-up under some railway arches. Both of these locations I believe are important to what happened to the girl or women.

Super Moderator Country: UK batman's Avatar
    Liked
    255 times
    Could it be the first Prime Suspect? An arches lock up is an important part of the plot in that story.

An episode of the John Hannah version of Rebus also featured the killer using such a lock up.

Senior Member Country: UK LocalHero's Avatar
    Liked
    2 times
    This sounds to me like the last two episodes of the second series of Waking the Dead, called "Thin Air" (shown in November 2002).

Twelve years after Joanna Gold famously disappeared in broad daylight on Hampstead Heath, the red dress she was wearing is found in a lock-up. The team begin the hunt for her killer.

There's a lock-up, one of the suspects lives in his late mother's house near the Heath and there's a lot of action under some arches in the park, so this may be the one (though it's later than you thought).

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    name='batman' date='29 May 2010 - 08:50 AM' timestamp='1275119401' post='432843']

Could it be the first Prime Suspect? An arches lock up is an important part of the plot in that story.

An episode of the John Hannah version of Rebus also featured the killer using such a lock up.

Off topic a bit...but I was an extra in the first Prime Suspect !!

Senior Member Country: United States theuofc's Avatar
    Liked
    399 times
    name='Steve Wigan' date='06 June 2010 - 08:53 PM' timestamp='1275850424' post='436436']

Off topic a bit...but I was an extra in the first Prime Suspect !!

Terrific! Were you in any scenes with the awesome Helen Mirren or talk to her?

If so, how was she?

Barbara

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    name='theuofc' date='13 June 2010 - 10:07 AM' timestamp='1276420029' post='439433']

Terrific! Were you in any scenes with the awesome Helen Mirren or talk to her?

If so, how was she?

Barbara

If you remember PS 1, I'm in the scene in the pub, were she is talking to the prostitutes and the guy (who was in Only Fools And Horses...Trigger ?) propositions her. The scene starts with a brief shot of me drinking a pint of lager(great acting by me..I hate lager !). This was shot in a real pub, but as it is with filming, there was a guy lying at my feet out of shot blowing smoke up to add more 'reality'. HM kept drying and after the third or fourth retake she looked directly at me and said ' o the glamour of it all'. Sarcasm no doubt. Funny thing is, next day (the Monday) she came into my (former) memorabila shop in Manchester and I didn't recognise her (not the first time I've done that!). That was however the first time I realised she had tattoos !!

Senior Member Country: United States theuofc's Avatar
    Liked
    399 times
    name='Steve Wigan' date='13 June 2010 - 11:38 AM' timestamp='1276421938' post='439450']

If you remember PS 1, I'm in the scene in the pub, were she is talking to the prostitutes and the guy (who was in Only Fools And Horses...Trigger ?) propositions her. The scene starts with a brief shot of me drinking a pint of lager(great acting by me..I hate lager !). This was shot in a real pub, but as it is with filming, there was a guy lying at my feet out of shot blowing smoke up to add more 'reality'. HM kept drying and after the third or fourth retake she looked directly at me and said ' o the glamour of it all'. Sarcasm no doubt. Funny thing is, next day (the Monday) she came into my (former) memorabila shop in Manchester and I didn't recognise her (not the first time I've done that!). That was however the first time I realised she had tattoos !!

Hi, Steve,

Many thanks for sharing the great story of your scene with Helen Mirren. I loved hearing about the set and also her reactions. What was she looking for in your memorabilia shop and did she buy anything? This probably seems gossipy, but I enjoy hearing about the wonderful real sides of actors, and Mirren is one of my favs. I knew about the tattooed "X" on her hand, but I forgot that she had other tattoos.

Best wishes,

Barbara