Page 100 of 293 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 5843
    Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cornershop15 View Post
    "Is this your first visit to England, Mr. Denver" - "It sure is. And boy I certainly am tickled pink to be here!"

'Tickled pink' must have had a different meaning in those days ...
    What other meaning has it ever had? I've only ever known it to mean that you are very pleased

Steve

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    10 times
    The third episode of The Saint, The Careful Terrorist: serving Gary Cockrell and Sally Bazely is Emil Stemmler, in an inspired bit of casting...

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    That was the first time I noticed Sally Bazely, Dave. Only very rarely does she turn up on DVD so it was great to see her as a guest in Turtle's Progress recently. The first of four actresses to play Georgie Thompson in Father, Dear Father. Gary Cockrell, later to star in cult series The Corridor People, was also a choreographer and I do believe that if it weren't for Gary there would have been no Pan's People. A talented man:

Gary Cockrell - Biography | PansPeople.com

Emil Stemmler's appearance, as yet another Waiter, in Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush (1967):

During the scene where Jamie (Barry Evans) first meets Caroline (Angela Scoular).
    Last edited by cornershop15; 02-05-13 at 01:17 PM.

Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    Three rare pints of blood are needed to save the life of young Jennifer Tafler (I assume the daughter of Sydney Tafler and the niece of director Lewis Gilbert) in Emergency Call (1952). Syd's in this one, as he was in many of Lewis's films, but also present, though not in the credits:

Boxing M.C. Pat Hagate announces a bout ". . . and your referee: Mr. Ernie Rice . . .":
    And indeed, up pops Ernie Rice in his element, elbows going like the clappers. So he's playing "himself" (although he can be spotted in an earlier scene as a trainer for Boy Booth, seen above too played by the late Fred (Nosher) Powell. His opponent is Freddie Mills, billed as "Former Light Heavyweight Champion of the World")

Eric Davies and Sidney James watch anxiously by the ringside, while the male spectator at the back - who does one of those "being in two places at the same time" appearances - is Pat Ryan

Here's a formidible trio. Eric Pohlmann as Flash Harry (indeed, no George Cole in sight) with two of his "boys", Jim Brady and Jack Arrow. Jack can be seen earlier too as a boxer getting ready for a fight

Not so clear, but I think we have here Pat Hagan in the second of his two appearances as a policeman at Scotland Yard.

Liked
    182 times
    Going on a Blind Date (1959), Hardy Kruger encounters:

John Wilder taking photographs for the police

Edward Cast, I think, doing a "hello ducky" as a policeman at the airport

At this point, made up to look older, David Markham lands as Sir Howard Fenton

Herr Kruger sucks the door, Inspector Stanley Baker is sympathetic and Michael Collins as the chauffeur wonders if he's going to have to polish it again

IMDb found Robert Crewdson, but not his role, so here he is as a police sergeant. Hardy, Stan and Micheline Presle are suitably relieved

On the way out, Micheline now looks deflated, and there's that extra as a policewoman we only know as "Lola" so far, courtesy of Michael Stevenson.

Liked
    182 times
    The American title for Clash by Night (1963) is the really more apt Escape by Night, and here are some performers whose names escaped the credits:

At the dogs, bus driver Arthur Lovegrove is chatted up by crook Stanley Meadows, while his henchman Bill Sawyer looks on

As we're at the races, it's inevitable that among the punters, between Art and Stan, it's George Hilsdon

Another henchman, this time one of the drivers, and again inevitably, it's Joe Wadham. Joe pitches up once more near the end of the film as a police driver

IMDb correctly lists the uncredited William Simons (on the right) as an outside guard, but says the other one is Harvey Hall. Although I see the resemblance, it isn't Harvey but in fact Dan Meaden.

Liked
    182 times
    The call of THE HUMAN JUNGLE beckons and this time we have a "Struggle for a Mind" (of Joan Collins!). Down the Underground:

There was some discussion ages ago as to whether this helpful young man (who gets to grab a naked Dame Joanie) is Mark Burns or Drewe Henley. I originally plumped for the latter, but now do think it's Mark. Whether he considered Joan was worth plumping for, we'll never know

And here is Mark in the act of plumping. The observer on the right is Eden Fox, who has the unique ability of being in three places at once in this scene

The two gentlemen enjoying the view at the top of the stairs are Ned Lynch and Charlie Price

The hatted one on the left is Pat Gorman. The man in front of him looks pretty creepy

The small chap behind the overactor in the hat looks like Alan Gibbs

Therapy time and manipulating the ball is William Dysart (who Andrew Pixley has down as "Unknown" in his booklet)

That Joanie can't keep out of the Tube. Exiting the lift on the left is Harold Coyne.

Liked
    182 times
    Mister Ten Per Cent (1966) is a Charlie Drake vehicle which generally crashes in the laughter lane. There are some big extra calls in the various theatre scenes (certainly more than ten per cent of the overall cast), so here are a few sightings apart from the fairly well-known one of Mike Reid as a theatre bouncer:

The site foreman here who tells Charlie to . . . (well, you can imagine) looks very like Roger Avon. Or maybe he's shouting because his apostrophe has dropped off?

On stage, we seen thespians Una Stubbs and Percy Herbert plus Valerie Leon giving Una a pointed look in more ways than one. That theatre must've been damned cold

Some of the Bournemouth audience and just below the lady in green is Fred Woods, plus the silver-haired gent is Ned Lynch

The noisy Bourne-MOUTH belongs to Harry Locke

Fun at the backstage party and drunkenly involved is Pat Gorman

Off to Edinburgh (?) now and in the front row, it's Maxwell Craig having a good laugh. Charlie D is not involved

But he is involved in the potteries and the tolerant foreman appears to be Charles Lamb

A recipient of the pottery's wares is this stoical Ernie Rice

That's 5% . . .

Liked
    182 times
    . . .
    As Charlie takes aim, the bald bloke getting whipped up in the background is Charles Rayford

Off to London now (or the Elstree backlot) and the chap on the left must be Lewis Alexander (Alex Lewis), who we haven't seen for a while. This is a hopeless pan-and-scan copy of a Techniscope film, so there's no way to determine if Missus is alongside him here

Charlie is barred from the theatre and, along with Mike Reid (not him on the right, BTW), the "ruffians" employed to ensure this include Yuri Borienko

Needless to say, Mr. Drake causes mayhem regardless and the stagehand getting it in the middle appears to be Tex Fuller

Noel Dyson is about to faint because John Tatum sitting next to her is grinning. In fact he smiles too and even shouts (undubbed) "Yes, let him talk!" Move � for you then, John?

Lots of faces to identify here, apart from Noel Dyson. The man with his finger in his mouth is one of our unknown regulars and along from him, there's "Joe the waiter"

Some more here, including the bloke on the front row who goes grey soon after being in this film (who can blame him?) and is in loads of things, plus we have Juba Kennerley, Philip Stewart and Victor Harrington, along with our bearded unknown (who is also in the "Edinburgh" audience) and a Reginald Marsh lookalike

Panning along, it's a better one of Juba, plus Roy Lansford far left. It might be Martin Lyder at the top, but maybe not.

And that's your 10%.

Liked
    177 times
    For the attention of Philly:

I am hoping that's Shireen Folkard, who is in the uncredited cast list for the Adam Adamant Lives!
    episode Beauty Is An Ugly Word (1966). If correct then I can add this to her neglected thread later.

Great work with Mr. Ten Per Cent, Gerald. Is this copy from a Satellite TV broadcast? The colour looks very odd but I love that one of Una Stubbs with Percy Herbert and Valerie Leon (her screen debut, or was that in The Saint?). You keep posting images of Ernie Rice, who I've been unable to recognise for more than a year. That rare close-up will be a great help. I think the front row includes the recently-sighted 'Mr. Carraway':

Harry Locke played another Heckler in Oh! What a Lovely War, in the scene where Vanessa Redgrave addresses a disrespectful crowd.
    Last edited by cornershop15; 07-05-13 at 12:20 PM.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    2 times
    Gerald , i think that might be Pearl Walters behind and to the right of Joe the Waiter

Liked
    2 times
    That's great news cornershop concerning Shireen Folkard, Thanks ! i can add her to my list of titled people appearing in Film/TV. You have made my day !

Liked
    177 times
    Are you sure that's her though, philly? The other female 'Caf� Valderon Patrons' are Patricia Claire, Patti Bryant, Maureen Roberts, Rita Puffey, Hermione Pardoe and Helen Krevoun. All are seen in the distance. Incidentally, she is credited as Shereen in Andrew Pixley's notes.

Liked
    2 times
    Not 100% cornershop but definately a good likeness to the 1965 Daily Express clip you posted at your Unknown Doll Birds... thread last year.

Liked
    182 times
    cornershop, it's a pretty lousy copy I have of Mister Ten Per Cent, not helped by the fact it's been panned and scanned from a Techniscope print. It's certainly a very early appearance of Valerie Leon: although the film was released in early 1967, it bears a 1966 copyright date, so likely it was filmed that year. And it certainly does look like "Mr. Carraway" there.
    philly, I'm not sure that is Pearl Walters. The dead giveaway is usually her dodgy teeth!

Liked
    8 times
    Hi Gerald, the chap with Alan Gibbs, is Peter Roy.

Liked
    10 times
    The Black Knight (1954) is a difficult film to spot anyone in, let alone extras, but here having a chuckle at Alan Ladd's steed along with Laurence Naismith, are I think Bob Simmons (the film's lead stuntman) on the left, and Peter Brace in a proto-Beatles mop next to Naismith.

Last edited by DaveWright72; 08-05-13 at 02:51 AM.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain john walter skinner's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    1987 definately MARK BURNS;died a few years a go with little mention in the press..not sure about Simmons though (1997)Bob had sharper features

Liked
    10 times
    Gerald has already well documented 1963's Siege of the Saxons, but there are always new discoveries. Here the knight at left appears to be Martin Lyder and his smiling squire is Pat Ryan.

And I think Tony Castleton watching the tournament from King Arthur (Mark Dignam)'s royal enclosure. Anyone recognize the Captain Pugwash-looking fellow in the background?

Last edited by DaveWright72; 09-05-13 at 12:52 AM.

Liked
    10 times
    Standing guard over that blackguard Ronald Lewis is Peter Diamond, who of course did stunt work as well. It sounds like his one line of dialogue may be his own voice for once.

Gerald has already identified the villager talking to Ronald Lewis as Roland Curram, but passing in the background on the right is that bearded extra we thought was Maitland Moss (sans anachronistic pipe this go-round)

Last edited by DaveWright72; 09-05-13 at 02:10 AM.