Page 101 of 293 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 5843
    Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    10 times
    Gerald has identified one of Francis de Wolff's henchmen as Pat Gorman, but another one seen here is Jack Sharp.

Last edited by DaveWright72; 09-05-13 at 04:02 AM.

Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveWright72 View Post
    I don't think that's Tony Castleton or know Captain Pugwash, Dave, but isn't that George Hilsdon playing the other king at the front?

Liked
    10 times
    I thought it was George at first, but not so sure. Might be I'm not used to seeing him with a crown or mustache!

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    8 times
    I don't think that is George.

Liked
    10 times
    One last shot from Saxons: Tony Castleton as a bishop about to assist in the coronation of Ronald Howard as regent. Does anyone recognize the bearded knight? He has a few lines, but no credit.

Liked
    2 times
    Bearded knight ... Charley Price ?

Liked
    10 times
    Actually I think Charley might be the one on the right, but I was talking about the knight with the gold headband.

Liked
    8 times
    That isn't Charley Price.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    0 times
    The person standing behind and slightly to the left of the knight with the gold band is Fred Wood again

Liked
    182 times
    Yes, Fred Woods plays one of the nobles in this film (along with Victor Harrington).

Liked
    182 times
    Escape! (1930) is for Gerald du Maurier (on the right here) and on his travels he meets:

Jean Cadell having a picnic. Tea only in this Ealing-produced film, no whisky galore.

Liked
    182 times
    Cheer Up!, as there's some uncredited performers in this 1936 Stanley Lupino production:

Ben Williams as a stage doorman being kindly to Sally Gray as . . . Sally Gray

And I think the smiling chap exiting the lift could be Joe Ritchie. Stanley's doffing his hat anyway.

I spotted Charles Hawtrey near the end of the film as a dancing boy scout, but I didn't see Terry-Thomas who is allegedly a dancer in there somewhere.

Liked
    182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Lovell View Post
    Escape! (1930) is for Gerald du Maurier (on the right here) and on his travels he meets:

Jean Cadell having a picnic. Tea only in this Ealing-produced film, no whisky galore.
    Ealing is in fact a bit of a misnomer for this film, because the studios weren't built when this was made and although it's an Associated Radio Picture, I think the sound stages used were actually at Beaconsfield.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain john walter skinner's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    Good to see some early stuff here,Gerald. What about MICHAEL WILDING(?) - man passing behind in trilby hat ? in Hitch's first vers MAN WHO KNEW TOO MUCH. it's in first reel,Alps sequence. Might be 'old hat' now to you experts out there. Know WILDING did extra work with STEWART GRANGER in mid 1930s for a while...

Liked
    182 times
    Is this the scene to which you refer, John?:

Liked
    182 times
    Onward 30 years to search into THE HUMAN JUNGLE and we find a "Success Machine" in the person of Edward Judd (By arrangement with Columbia Pictures Corporation). On our first visit to St. Damian's Hospital:

Herbert Lom and Michael Johnson wax lyrical on the mysteries of the mind. Doctor Vic Chapman grapples for his pen. Vic turns up again towards the end of the episode, heading up the corridor in the opposite direction as a hospital visitor struggling to find the object of his desire

Mr. Judd has many workmen at his beck and call. The blurred one (called "Darkie", for heaven's sake) is Harold Goldblatt and his oppo is, of course, our old pal Jim Brady

And here is Mr. J (sporting the sheepskin jacket from Island of Terror?) plus Maxwell Craig in the centre wondering if the wind direction is enough to do a Brian Donlevy on Ed's toupee

Ed's standing for no nonsense, but Ernie Rice in the leather jacket doesn't look too impressed

And 30 years onward again, and I think it's Joe Ritchie once more, now in the role of Ed's fallguy Jackson.
    Last edited by Gerald Lovell; 13-05-13 at 08:35 PM.

Liked
    8 times
    The chap next to Maxwell Craig, and level with Ernie Rice in the other picture is Bernard Barnsley.

Liked
    182 times
    Thanks, Jim. I knew he looked familiar, but Bernard's face still isn't fully filed in my head!

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    Well spotted with Bernard Barnsley, Jim. Usually seen wearing a policeman's helmet.

Jack Arrow is about to take over from 'Air Traffic Controller' John Gabriel in Department S - Six Days (filmed July 1968):

Jack's move towards the telephones gives us a better view of the Extra behind him. Is that John Tatum, by any chance?:

Liked
    10 times
    Same expression, different actor, I think. Unless the headphones are on too tight...