Page 111 of 293 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 5843
    Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    10 times
    A Countess From Hong Kong (1967) has a veritable army of uncredited extras, but one of the credited cast might be of interest to Whovians. Here Kevin Manser is playing an unlucky photographer who has just been spritzed with a full bottle of champagne by Sydney Chaplin. His his most famous role was as one of the original Dalek operators in Doctor Who from 1963-66. He returned to his native Australia in 1969 and acted there until his death in 2001. His autobiography was entitled "Memoirs of a Dalek."

Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    With "Spearhead from Space" now having been released on bluray, I think I've now found Lola Morice in her one DOCTOR WHO appearance:

As the lady in furs wondering if she can possibly identify American presidents from these rather poor exhibits at Madame Tussauds (where this scene was filmed on 5th November 1969). The episode was transmitted on 24th January 1970.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    2 times
    Primitive London (1965) Arnold L Miller's staged documentary follow up to London in the Raw, contains a couple of forum favourites. A scene in the gym has two ladies and a gent peforming Judo moves, the redhead is Carol Cleveland. Next, to the sauna, several portly gentleman are enjoying a hot sweat and massage, one of them is Jim Tyson, another is the Michael Nightingale lookalike (Moviedude's unknown male no 12). In the booklet included with the BFI Blu-Ray, cinematographer Stanley A. Long says that they added a Jack the Ripper scene to acheive an X certificate, it shows Jack stalking and killing his victim, played by Jill Goldston.
    Last edited by philly; 14-07-13 at 03:13 PM.

Liked
    182 times
    Venturing back into the dark regions of THE HUMAN JUNGLE, we come upon "Wild Goose Chase", but this chase is actually relatively successful:

Domineering mother Faith Brook is all aglow, but hospital porter Pat Judge through the doorway looks as though he's got a nasty job in prospect

Francesca Annis has to face an identity parade and among the faces there, apart from Vladek Sheybal, we can finger Jack Sharp, Ned Lynch, Alan Gibbs and Michael Dempsey. The det.-constable is John Bonney, but I can't recall the name of the P.C.

But I can recall the name of Bonney's sergeant: it is of course John Wilder, who gets a couple of lines too.

cornershop will be pleased to know Gary Watson features prominently in the early part of this episode.

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Lovell View Post
    The Scales of Justice finally topple over with a whimper with Payment in Kind (1966)
    I don't agree with that, Gerald. It's one of the more memorable films as far as I'm concerned. You missed Bill Hibbert:

The lovely Justine Lord, accompanied by 'daughter' Nicola Riley, is about to pawn her ring to jeweller Henry McGee

Liked
    182 times
    From the 1973 film version, some of the additional faces who Love Thy Neighbour and quite a few who do not:

Playing Fred, our old pal Fred Woods features in the title sequence and is part of an unneighbourly neighbourhood watch scheme

Trying to escape from the airport, and before he gets ripped off by taxi driver Fred Griffiths, Charles Hyatt has no luck in getting directions from a series of foreign travellers. The French one in the middle is Cy Town. A taxi driver later in the film is our own Jim Payne, who thankfully does not rip anyone off!

As Lincoln Webb grins and Rudolph Walker bows, the barman at the back is George Hilsdon. He's confusingly referred to as Cyril; confusingly because at the end of the film James Beck pops up, credited, as another Cyril (nice one)

The ladies are not impressed with the stripper show at this "union meeting", but the chap at the back is. Nina Baden-Semper and Kate Williams plus Alf Mangan. Alf's doing a "two places in one scene" here, and George Hilsdon is also in this sequence

Up the workers, but looking down the cleavage and among them here are Alan Meacham and possibly Bill Westley (?) as well as Tommy Godfrey, Jack Smethurst, Melvyn Hayes and Keith Marsh. The second assistant director was Bill(y) Westley and I understand from Scott Palmer that he was the nephew of the older Bill W. In the flat cap at the back . . .

. . . now pointing to the right, is Jack Arrow. Alf Mangan appears in the picket scenes too

It's not quite what it seems, with Charlie and Patricia Hayes off down the Registry Office, but the chap in the background is maybe Mike Stevens.

Liked
    182 times
    Although back in 1952 it was all Top Secret, under a freedom of information order, it can now be revealed:

Harold Sanderson as the motorcycle policeman on the left. Looking harassed is Major Pike, played by Geoffrey Sumner. The other policeman looks a bit like Nigel Green, but I don't think it's him

Although the pilot coming through the door on the right looks rather like Pat Ryan, from the moving film, I think it is in fact John Wilder. The air hostess is Myrtle Reed

Geoff's looking even more harassed now, as the press pounce. Pouncing at the back is Otto Fries and also there is Tim Turner in the striped tie

Some earlier pouncing by Otto and Tim, this time involving schoolmaster Gibb McLaughlin, has, bottom right, Paddy Smith in on the scoop

Mr. Potts goes to Moscow, as the US distributor would have it, and on the plane are Oscar Homolka and Potts himself, George Cole. The officer telling George to strap up, or something like that, seems to be Walter Gotell

A rather distorted shot, but we can still make out a petite Ian Wilson on the left as well as a butch Eleanor Summerfield and a camp Ronnie Stevens as part of a British Intelligentsia Delegation to Moscow

And at a vodka-soaked reception for George at the Kremlin, among the guest is Andy Ho.

Liked
    182 times
    Official papers released today disclose more Top Secret information of much interest to the scientists here:

Olaf Pooley and David Hurst are the bearded ones at the front and the bearded one at the back looks like a thinner-than-usual Tony Mendleson. The gent to his left is of course one of our familiar unknowns

When it is discovered the paper literally contain bog-all, Dave is whipped off to Siberia by the blurred Russian security officer Martin Boddey. The quivering scientist in the background is Peter Rendall.

More revelations to be made if and when Photobucket ends its cold war with me today.

Liked
    182 times
    Well, Photobucket seems to prefer to Love Thy Neighbour, so dipping back for another go:

On board a cruise ship, our leads are on the centre table, but other diners include Walter Henry on the left, Pauline Chamberlain and Tommy Winward front centre and Pearl Walters on the right.

Liked
    182 times
    As it seems that Photobucket has now lifted the D Notice, we can get on with exposing more Top Secret:

Mr. Potts gets thrown in jail, but is out again soon by the "good efforts" of Frederick Valk and Russian officer Eric Pohlmann (widescreen to get Eric in)

A ruse so that Guido Lorraine, Freddie and Arnold Diamond can listen in: I know that looks like a film projector, but's an eastern tape recorder c. 1952

Someone else listening in is spy Ernie Rice - Eleanor Summerfield and Ronnie Stevens can't believe they're being watched An uncredited bearded but toupee-less Christopher Lee is also in on this game

As Fred gathers his troops on the stairway, could the agent at the back be a young Manny Michael?

Very blurred I know, but the jutting jaw makes me believe the peace conference steward at the back is Jim Brady

And when those nasty U.S. M.P.s toss George back into the street, one of the kindly East German policemen who help him up is Anton Diffring.

Liked
    182 times
    When SERGEANT CORK infiltrates a union meeting, he finds himself involved in "The Case of William Huckerby, Platelayer". The brothers at the meeting include:

George Curtis with the very dark hair and Ray Marioni in the cap

John Scott Martin (over William Gaunt's shoulder) as well as Harry Landis and Colin Douglas, plus

Alan Meacham back left; Donald Tandy (the real one!) is also there. Alan returns later with a moustache playing a paralysed hospital patient possibly called Arthur Ritchie

Harry has to represent the union at a coroner's court and the main witness is Daniel Moynihan. In the background, we can see Philip Stewart as one of the jurors.

Liked
    182 times
    Man at the Top (1973) has a few Men not Mentioned at all in the credits:

Best seen in this publicity photograph are boxing match spectators Hugh Cecil and Roy Lansford. Meanwhile, Harry Andrews has a cat on his head

Roy is also visible in this shot, as is Fred Machon. The "white boxer" is Patrick McCann. His opponent is John Conteh, who gets a couple of lines with Kenneth Haigh later on

Just visible talking to the chap near the top right is another spectator, Vic Chapman. Scott Palmer has told me he spoke to Vic's widow a while ago and her husband actually preferred to be known as "Victor". Announcing the victor here is referee George Francis

In the Cafe Royale bar, Mr. Haigh orders the first of numerous drinks he consumes in this film. The barman, with his frequent quizzical look, is Charles Rayford

It's John Collin looking at the photographs on the wall, but the blurred gentleman sitting far in the background is very likely Victor Harrington, who's slightly more recognisible in the moving shots, albeit always out of focus. Maybe camera operator Chic(k) Anstiss had joined in the drinks when lining up this scene!

When Ken goes to fill up his roller, the petrol pump attendant is Harold Coyne. Times ain't wot they used to be: the charge is �6.90!

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Tigon Man's Avatar
    Liked
    86 times
    I read a magazine article a while back featuring Jean Marsh. Ms Marsh is an ex partner of Kenneth Haigh and reports sadly that Kenneth is not in the best of health these days.

Liked
    182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigon Man View Post
    I read a magazine article a while back featuring Jean Marsh. Ms Marsh is an ex partner of Kenneth Haigh and reports sadly that Kenneth is not in the best of health these days.
    I'm sorry to hear that about Kenneth Haigh. He popped up unexpectedly (to me anyway) in an episode of THRILLER (the Boris Karloff hosted version from 1961) as a police inspector in a creepy tale called "Hay-Fork and Bill-Hook", set in a Hollywood version of Wales. Also in the cast were Alan Napier and Doris Lloyd and a number of other Californian ex-pats. Some of the incidental music by Jerry Goldsmith was later swiped for the Stewart Granger version of THE HOUND OF THE BASKERVILLES.

Liked
    10 times
    Haigh had an interesting little sojourn in the USA from 1957-60, appearing in Omnibus, Studio One, Playhouse 90, Alfred Hitchcock Presents and The Twilight Zone, not to mention a live TV version of Ten Little Indians. I believe he had come to Broadway to perform in Look Back in Anger, his breakthrough performance.

Liked
    10 times
    In The Whole Truth (1958), Stewart Granger plays a movie producer. Operating the camera on his latest opus appears to be the artist formerly known as Andy Alston

And amongst his gaggle of stagehands is, of course, Jim Brady. I think Jack Sharp and Aidan Harrington are also running around in this scene as well.

Later Granger takes his drunken leading lady Gianna Maria Canale away from the party. Amongst the guests are a pre-beard Tony Mendleson and Aileen Lewis. No sign of Alex, though.

Later in the film, Donna Reed goes hunting for George Sanders. Instead she finds Jacques Cey serving Emil Stemmler, who for once gets to have a drink instead of serve one!

Last edited by DaveWright72; 20-07-13 at 05:48 AM.

Liked
    182 times
    Penny Gold (1973) is all about a precious stamp, and here are some golden folk whose stamp on this film hasn't previously been mentioned:

At a rugger match, Una Stubbs and James Booth are joined by a for-once credited Rodney Cardiff, but behind Rodders it looks like Lou Morgan

As the main titles appear, so do Pat Ryan (I think) in the background and Eric Kent; Eric appears throughout the film, porkpie hat frequently in position

Down the cop shop, James Booth and Nicky Henson are joined by our good friend James Payne and it's John Tatum as the uniformed inspector at the background. Do you remember much about this film, Jim, which was mostly filmed in Windsor or, indeed, about John Tatum?

The barmaid encouraged to point the finger at a suspect by Jim and Nick is surely Josie Grant

When Chief Inspector Booth decides to take Francesca Annis for lunch, and who can blame him, the passerby with the brolly looks like Guy Standeven

I'm not so sure about this one, but while at lunch, they may be served by waiter Andrew Andreas?

Finally, it's a bit blurred, but I think the chap having a drink in the background of this squash court bar scene is Eden Fox. Joss Ackland here is playing an undefined police senior officer (named "Jones" in the end cast list) who loves a pipe and G&T after a squash match with James Booth.

Liked
    182 times
    The penultimate episode of THE HUMAN JUNGLE and we venture upon the "Enemy Outside". Ironically, this episode has less location work than any of the earlier ones! Anyway, friends inside at the hospital:

As Michael Johnson exits a lift, Doctor Peter Evans looks pretty disdainful

Visiting time at the zoo, er, St. Damian's and Tony Tanner is more interested in his banana than his girlfriend Barbara Ferris. The visitor behind her is Harold Coyne. The lady visitor could almost be Lola Morice (but I don't think it is)

When Lloyd Reckord is wheeled away ("I'm not having another one of those enigmas"), the porter we can see is Vic(tor) Chapman.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    8 times
    Hi Gerald, Penny Gold was a good little film to work on, I was Nicky Henson's stand -in, so got a bit extra for being in the crowd, as for John Tatum, worked with him quite a few times over the years, but I don't think I ever saw him smile

Liked
    182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by whitstablejim View Post
    Hi Gerald, Penny Gold was a good little film to work on, I was Nicky Henson's stand -in, so got a bit extra for being in the crowd, as for John Tatum, worked with him quite a few times over the years, but I don't think I ever saw him smile
    Thanks Jim. I know that Tigon Man asked you about this film not too long ago. I think we've now managed to catch John Tatum unawares three or four times and have spotted him grinning and even smiling!