Page 120 of 293 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170220 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,400 of 5843
    Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    Hopefully not suffering from a "Blind Spot", which is suffered by Felicity Kendall in MAN IN A SUITCASE, we can see:

On waiting duty for Richard Bradford this time round is Harry Phipps. I wonder if chocolate mousse is on the menu?

Then strolling in the park one day are McGill and Ms. Kendall as Dido Plumb gets pinched by the Pinewood gardens gendarme for having a nap on the bench

And when our hero succeeds in getting our heroine to a concert, he feels his job is done. Doorman Jack Dearlove just feels his cuff.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    2 times
    Just been given the Norman Wisdom boxset as a gift, i watched Trouble in Store again tonight, Gerald Lovell screencapped this on here last year, i have seen a few extras that have only been identified recently, i am sure Gerald you would'nt relish watching this again, in the dance scene we have Pat Hagan (minus glasses) and Tony Castleton, one of Derek Bond's gang is John Lynn, also i think i spotted Aileen Lewis in the sale stampede. There must be 7 or 8 of Moviedude's unknowns also.

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    Shireen Folkard in the 'Man in a Suitcase' episode Somebody Loses, Somebody ... Wins? (filmed in April 1967)?

I got there eventually, Philly. Cropped and enlarged - perhaps too much:

I'm not even sure this is her in the previous year's
    Adam Adamant Lives! - Beauty Is An Ugly Word:

I must make a note of the extras in this series (it seems all are named in the DVD booklet). Last surviving episode tomorrow night

Liked
    2 times
    Thanks cornershop, still inconclusive though, there are similarities to other pics of her. Shireen would have been 22 in 1967, the girl in the pic looks around that age.

Liked
    182 times
    The extra call for villagers in The Evil of Frankenstein (1964) brought out many of our favourites, a number of whom have been picked out before, including Fred Peck, Fred Woods, Jim Brady, Fred Haggerty and Peter Diamond, as well as a sprinkling of "most wanted" too. Here are some of them and a few more on fair day on the Bray backlot and dull day in Black Park:

Rolling out the barrel on the left is Charlie Price

Landlord Alister Williamson ejects Alf Mangan and chum, watched by a masked Sandor Eles, which is interesting as in the previous scene, Alf was already outside!

In the middle, the hatted gent is Jeff Silk, just a few seconds before he trips over something. The balloon-headed entertainer on the left . . .

. . . looks very likely to be Charles Rayford

It's Freds Peck and Woods sauntering into the village here, but is the jaunty cove you, James Payne?

Peter Cushing and his Hans are separated by Ned Lynch behind them.

Liked
    182 times

As the monster-making mates head for a tavern in the town, Pat Halpin teeters past

Time for a quick exit for the masked baron, and his stand-in Paddy Smith is taken by surprise

Peter Woodthorpe gets Timothy Bateson (also uncredited) under his 'fluence, much to the shock of assembled villagers, including chubby Jimmy Charters on the front row and John Lynn to our right of Fred Woods. The face to the left of Fred is thankfully a mask

Now the villagers are happier, we can see a beaming Tony Allen (hiding Pat Halpin) though are amazed to clock a hatted and smiling John Tatum, but, and it's a big but . . .

. . . once Duncan Lamont and his polis arrive, John's whipped off the hat and put on a miserable mask (or is that his real face?). No wonder he got the job on The Devil Rides Out. Anyway, at least we can spot George Hilsdon back right now

The villagers are revolting. Duncan's on his high horse, Fred's still with us and now we've got Reg Thomason far left and Fred Machon far back on the right. Directed by Freddie Francis, here's a heck of a lot of Freds in this film. I'm wondering if the other mounted man might be George Mossman, who certainly played a cart driver a couple of scenes earlier.

Liked
    8 times
    Hi Gerald. its a very good likeness, but sorry it isn't me.

Liked
    182 times
    It's probably the same bloke I mistook for you in The Scarlet Blade, Jim! Same backlot too!

Liked
    182 times
    Not sure about this one, but I think the gentleman about to have a go at MAN IN A SUITCASE may be Rupert Evans:

Appropriately, this episode is called "No Friend of Mine".

Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by philly View Post
    Just been given the Norman Wisdom boxset as a gift, i watched Trouble in Store again tonight, Gerald Lovell screencapped this on here last year, i have seen a few extras that have only been identified recently, i am sure Gerald you would'nt relish watching this again, in the dance scene we have Pat Hagan (minus glasses) and Tony Castleton, one of Derek Bond's gang is John Lynn, also i think i spotted Aileen Lewis in the sale stampede. There must be 7 or 8 of Moviedude's unknowns also.
    Just watched the commentary track with Sir Norman and Robert Ross, it gave me a chance to spot some more extras, in the opening scene where Norman crashes his bike and holds up a double decker , we see old Jack May as a passenger. During the record department scenes with Lana Morris, Derek Bond and Moira Lister we see Fred Woods walking by at the rear. Derek Bond's dodgy gang is lead by Ernie Rice into the cowboy saloon. Pat Ryan pops up in an early scene.
    Gerald, the lady in front of Fred Woods in Evil of Frankenstein, i think is Lola Morice.
    Last edited by philly; 21-09-13 at 12:03 AM.

Senior Member Country: New Zealand Anthony McKay's Avatar
    Liked
    6 times
    I've posted up some grabs from THE WALKING STICK. Please feel free to use them.

Liked
    182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony McKay View Post
    From "THE WALKING STICK":

Thanks to Anthony for the picture above and cornershop for the ID, as it has reminded me that the familiar man on the right in this scene from The Evil of Frankenstein is Bill Hibbert:

philly, I'm not sure so though that it's Lola Morice in front of Fred Woods.

Liked
    182 times
    "Jigsaw Man" is a comedy episode of MAN IN A SUITCASE. It doesn't work particularly well, its uneasy tone starting immediately with "funny" voice-overs, the second voice being that of Robert Rietty. A few seconds later:

We see John Collin and his sidekicks, the one on the left being Romo Gorrara, who never wins a fight

Outside Tronson's Club (presumably named after series director Robert Tronson, although Charles Frend directed this one, and it's in fact Heatherden Hall at Pinewood Studios) we see Shivaun O'Casey lying in wait for Richard Bradford, but instead she gets Jack Arrow . . .

. . . and then Terence Conoley in his terrible toupee - I told you it was a comedy episode. That toupee turns up on his bonce I think in THE PERSUADERS! "The Time and the Place". Originally I thought it was Edwin Brown in a silly syrup, but in fact it was Terry in his.

Liked
    182 times

This is not an ersatz James Bond in the Pinewood gardens, but Tony Castleton as a servant of the count who is the brother of the "Jigsaw Man" (phew!) from MAN IN A SUITCASE.

Liked
    182 times
    Despite its shortcomings (including the villains' gas bomb that makes a mess on the pavement and has no gas whatsoever) and seemingly having been shot in a cupboard at Shepperton Studios, Danger by My Side (1962) has some spectacular images and here's the first of them:

When clumsy crook Brandon Brady trips over the signpost, the lady with the pram has a hero by her side as it's action man John Tatum who tackles him!

This is so out of character for John, let's see some more gripping shots:

After all that excitement, let's head for the relative calm of Alan Tilvern's Acme Trading Company Ltd., which presumably supplies the needs of Warner Bros. cartoon characters:

Mr. Brady is looking for a job with this bunch and he spots Eddie Boyce and also Lawrence James, who plays the catalyst of the so-called plot called Terry (luckily not Gerry) Marsden

As Larry heads for a date with destiny, workmate Harold Coyne clocks out and heads for a date with his dinner

Let's now go to Nicky's Club for more interesting shots and there's a couple of points to be seen here, to wit, Peter Rendall at the bar on the left and Arthur Goodman partially hidden at the bar, far back on the right. The lady with the pointers is Sonya Cordeau

Sonya in fact points out another thing here: once again, we can see Peter Evans together with his lookalike. Maybe they were brothers?

It looks like Frank Maher contemplating a stunt bottom left and we have a Hummies' hat trick here, with Juba Kennerley present bottom right, as all three of their favourites are in this scene

Sophie drops her dress at the end of her song and you'll recall Arthur Goodman was way back at the bar. Well, naughty Art has evidently moved to the front row for the climax and it's possibly Pat Halpin far right too. A moustached most wanted is in the middle background, but the gentleman in the centre of the picture doesn't look very impressed.
    Last edited by Gerald Lovell; 22-09-13 at 01:03 PM.

Liked
    182 times
    In order to side with danger, Maureen Connell looks to take a job at Nicky's:

The receptionist she encounters here appears to be Jack Taylor

The other singer in Nicky's who renders the film's title song, is Kim Darvos, who IMDb has named Kim Davros, presumably because she exterminates all within earshot of her vocal chords

The film's romantic lead Bill Nagy () leads Mo into the club and enjoying herself between them is Pauline Chamberlain

Time for criminal genius Alan Tilvern to discuss his jewel heist plans with henchmen Michael Corcoran and Brian Hankins. Alan's such a mastermind, he'd never leave his plans unattended on the table with the door wide open, would he . . . ?

The cops have a stake-out and on the alert here is detective Colin Rix

Reinforcements for Det. Ins. Willoughby (Anthony Oliver) in the guise of Teal of the Yard (Ivor Dean)

More things naughty at Nicky's and this time it's Ned Hood who has the ringside seat on the right. I see Arthur Goodman's back in his old seat at the bar. The barman, incidentally, is Michael Beint, but the lady with the charms and the arms is unknown.
    Last edited by Gerald Lovell; 22-09-13 at 02:22 PM.

Liked
    182 times
    More help for 'tec Tony in the shape of Garard Green as forensic Frank

Maureen decides to say it with flowers are the florist I believe is Anne Clune. I'm wondering, philly, if Anne could be the "lady in the coat"?

Not sure about this, but the noisy roadsweeper Blackmore may be John Martin

We started off with John Tatum as a have a go hero, but here we finish with George Holdcroft on the left as a paid-up member of Her Majesty's Constabulary being much more timid during the arrest of Richard Klee, despite having a few lines to say.

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    11 times
    In Gerald's post of 11-59, the blonde at the far right in the 6th photo down looks rather like Diana Dors.

A lot of actresses would have copied her "look", I suppose.
    Last edited by cully; 22-09-13 at 05:59 PM. Reason: correction

Liked
    182 times
    MAN IN A SUITCASE has to brush away a "Web with Four Spiders" in order to help outer space lawyer (!) Ray McAnally:

Ray obviously finds it a bit hair-raising to encounter Peter Evans as soon as he steps off a plane. Peter's maybe happy because his lookalike/brother is engaged later in the episode, stuffing his face with food on the way to Manchester by train

Geoffrey Reed as the taxi driver warns Richard Bradford that Salford is a dangerous place - and that's even before the BBC moved in - and down John Savident's pub, we can see that the clientele includes Maxwell Craig and an older Lawrence James

The entrance to J & K Stage at Pinewood is usually used as an airport departure lounge in this series, but here it's the reception of Granton House, with Pauline Chamberlain on duty. Philip Bond is also milling about

Ray is given a standing ovation in another part of Pinewood (the boardroom) by various dignitaries, including Ralph Michael and the chubby Michael Nightingale lookalike, but that blighter George Holdcroft isn't getting off his backside.

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    The fight scene in 'Alfie' (filmed in 1965)

Returning to the screencaps I did a couple of years ago, for whitstablejim's appearance, I think I've spotted Bill Hibbert
    yet again, inbetween Ronald Rich and Michael Caine. And that's got to be Del Baker next to John Triplett (on the right):

I recognise Del from the Armchair Cinema film Regan - the pilot for The Sweeney. He's John Thaw's sidekick at the beginning but is soon killed and replaced by Dennis Waterman. Ron is about to hit Sydney Tafler in the scene from Alfie. Sadly obscured are Jim himself and Peter Brayham - hidden behind Michael Caine - but you can still seem them in the captures below (already posted at this thread and whitstablejim's):

Last edited by cornershop15; 23-09-13 at 10:05 PM.