Page 122 of 293 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132172222 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,440 of 5843
    Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    It looks like George Roderick in the picture with Gertrude Kaye, Ned Lynch way back there in the one with Googie Withers, and Ernie Rice in the picture with John McCallum and jack Sharp.

Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    Excellent stuff, cornershop. I'd say that is Aileen Lewis.

In Part 2, that is indeed Gerry Judge and possibly Paddy Ryan behind the blurry-faced chap in the middle.

Is that George Roderick in the background of the Gertrude Kaye screencap?

Not Thomas Gallagher in the next one down, I'd say, but it's Ned Lynch in the far background.

In the bottom screencap, it's Ernie Rice to our left of Mr. Googie Withers (aka John McCallum).

Liked
    182 times
    SNAP Scott!

Liked
    182 times
    There are conflicts of "Loyalties" in Z CARS (tx: 31.07.1972/01.08.1972) and down the Magga Dan pub:

Plenty of physical conflict too as George A. Cooper gets stuck into Ray Barron. The barman is Colin Rix and the onlooker on the left is Jay Neill

When old George has a go at P.C. Douglas Fielding too, Tommy Winward is there to spectate

Down Newton nick, sergeants James Ellis and John Slater question George as to why he's wearing such a lousy rug. P.C. Patrick Milner maybe thinks he could borrow it.

Liked
    182 times
    The last regular round of firepower of UNIT in DOCTOR WHO, from Part Four of "Terror of the Zygons" (tx: 20.09.1975):

Nicholas Courtney's Brigadier is assisted by Barry Summerford, I think. Also uncredited in the Brig's (tiny) army for this one are James Muir, Rowland Geall, Patrick Ginter, David Selby and Alan Clements.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    2 times
    In the Derby Day pics, Aileen Lewis is accompianed by Pat Hagen without glasses i think. In the Gertrude Kaye pic could the guy on the far left be Anthony Sagar ?

Liked
    182 times
    In Z CARS, they may have "Relative Values", but as John Slater munches his sandwiches (a change from Special K maybe?), two P.C. Pats arrive:

Patrick Milner opens the open for a puffing and weighed-down Pat Gorman. Who is going to throw the book at someone?

Senior Member Country: England harryfielder's Avatar
    Liked
    51 times
    Pat work for many years.....Good old boy...

Senior Member Country: Germany JD_Fan's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    @ Gerald Lovell
    Thanks for the Who`s who in "The Missing Million"

Btw. Is this the only scene of James Donald in the movie?

Liked
    182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JD_Fan View Post
    @ Gerald Lovell
    Thanks for the Who`s who in "The Missing Million"

Btw. Is this the only scene of James Donald in the movie?
    James Donald is in a few of the police-detecting scenes, as I recall.

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    James has a major role in Quatermass and the Pit, which I watched a couple of nights ago. Good to see him again - and many others in a glittering cast - but I couldn't wait for it to end. A lot of unpleasant images and very little humour. There were more laughs in King Rat - also starring James Donald. My favourite moment is when he corrects himself when remembering a line from a film as he injects a patient ("I'm so sorry. It was his line, not hers").

Re: 'Derby Day' (1952)

I have a correction to make myself. Edwin Styles plays Anna Neagle's father, not husband. In the story, she and Michael Wilding have lost both their partners in the same plane crash and later meet by chance at Epsom.

Sorry I wasn't available at the weekend, as usual, to reply to these posts. To save space, I've provided links to the screencaps in question (underlined):

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Palmer View Post
    It looks like George Roderick in the picture with Gertrude Kaye

Also spotted by Gerald. Yes, I forgot to mention it in the post but did think it was George when screencapping the scene. It's a tracking shot so I doubt anyone would see him during normal viewing. He fared slightly better in the even earlier Brief Encounter, as spotted by John Walter Skinner some months ago.

Ned Lynch way back there in the one with Googie Withers
    Should have got that - although I have yet to spot Ernie in my own viewing. In other pictures I've seen he reminds me of Richard Conte.

that is indeed Gerry Judge and possibly Paddy Ryan behind the blurry-faced chap in the middle.
    A much clearer shot of the "blurry-faced chap", brushing past Alfie Bass. Does this help to identify him, Gerald?:

I said Sam Kydd plays a bookmaker in this scene and that's him top left of the picture. I'll post a better one at his thread.
    Last edited by cornershop15; 07-10-13 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Minor changes.

Liked
    182 times
    A wedding is nothing unless there's a jolly good fight (I once attended one where the fight occurred even before the reception) and here we have quite a few chums having a fine old time. Sadly the pictures are not wonderfully clear as director Julia Smith has her camera jerking all over the place:

1 Has Walter Henry and Eden Fox in a tizzy. The lady in the white hat . . .
    2 . . . indicates it's Lola Morice
    3 Has possibly the groom Jay Neill pointing a digit at P.C. Allan O'Keefe
    4 Gives a slightly clearer viewer of the older man on the left, who looks like David J. Grahame
    5 Shows Walter heading not for the altar, but for the cop shop. The chap on the left seems to be Keith Ashley

These are from the last bi-weekly story of Z CARS called "Breakage" by P. J. Hammond. The main guest is Fulton Mackay. Patrick Milner appears as usual in both parts down Newton nick, though by now he's grown some dangerously large sideburns and it looks like Sgt. John Swindells is keeping a careful note of them:

Liked
    182 times
    "Connor" is the new DI down Newton nick in Z CARS and Gary Watson is the man himself:

First off, he's checking the info on the ever-growing sideburns of Patrick Milner

Then Gary's chatting up the "Jacks" on the street - Walter Henry . . .

. . . David J. Grahame . . .

. . . and accompanied by Det. Sgt. John Slater, John Cannon. John later pitches up in the local pub, despite his being a teetotal, IIRC

Here are the bar's staff, Alan Gerrard and a jitterbugging Cy Town, plus regular Herbert Ramskill

Herbert has a chat with workman Bill Burridge, who surely can't have a mobile phone with him??

And as Herbie downs his pint, with John S. and Gary now propping up the bar, we can see that you can lead a dog to a beer, but no doubt Walter Goodman will have a drink

Finally, we get a look at Anthony Valentine's close encountee in this episode - looks like an alluring Kathleen Heath.

Liked
    10 times
    One Wild Oat (1951) is a minor comedy mainly noteworthy for an early appearance by Audrey Hepburn (and maybe Roger Moore as an extra, though I'm not positive it's him). There's a dearth of extras until the final scene, when we see bookie Stanley Holloway's employees are:

George Hilsdon and a very young Gerry Judge. (Not sure who the secretary is).

And also Jim Brady. Holloway admonishes him to stop picking his teeth. "Why must I have a bunch of nitwits around me?" he moans All three get one line; Jim's voice is surprisingly higher than I thought it would be.

Liked
    182 times
    Dave, I remember thinking the same thing about Jim Brady's voice when he had a few lines in Doctor at Sea.

Sadly, Jim doesn't appear to be in The Detective, which seems to be the extremely unimaginative American title for Father Brown (1954). However, a number of his pals do crop up in this Alec Guinness vehicle:

When the good father gets nicked, it's Jack Arrow, minus moustache, who does the nicking. Jack gets a few lines too, and his accent sounds a bit Irish. Jack manages to get onto the DVD cover picture, BTW

Also at the cop shop are station sergeant John Salew and, sitting down, Edward Cast

Getting to the church on time, there are a number of familiar members of the congregation to see. Bottom left, for example, is Robert Gregory. Looking more closely . . .

. . . broken Ted Carroll at the back here

The first Jack May and Robin Burns having a pew behind Joan Greenwood

Manny Michael getting ready to pout bottom left; his mate's expression might be he's finding it hard to swallow what Father Guinness is preaching

And good old Sidney James, with Mabel Etherington in the row behind him.

Liked
    182 times
    Father Brown now needs to get to the station on time:

Helping him through is ticket collector Bill Shine, who is on the IMDb list, but without a role attribution

When it's time to hold an auction, the auctioneer himself, Noel Howlett, doesn't seem to be enthusiastic. His assistant seems to be Hyma Beckley though

Our religious hero and Lady Joan are there, as is Pat Ryan, who's propping up the pillar in the background

More at the auction - the eastern potentate is Marne Maitland and the elderly porter seems to be Wallace Bosco.

Liked
    10 times
    Isn't the PC taking notes in the second shot George Hilsdon? And the older lady two to the right of Robin Burns is Movie Dude's Unknown Female 6. She has nice closeups in both Moulin Rouge and Stolen Face, but apparently no dentures!

Banned Country: UK
    Liked
    7 times
    I was watching Hammers To the devil a Daughter the other evening and Juba Kennerly was very prominent walking down a street before attending a gathering at an art gallery. The gallery was full of extras but I didn't spot anyone else I recognised, I was a bit tipsy though. I haven’t finished watching it though and I will see who else I can spot. It’s from that Hammer collection, very reasonably priced at �25.00 for 21 films.

Liked
    182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveWright72 View Post
    Isn't the PC taking notes in the second shot George Hilsdon? And the older lady two to the right of Robin Burns is Movie Dude's Unknown Female 6. She has nice closeups in both Moulin Rouge and Stolen Face, but apparently no dentures!
    It does look like George, Dave, but sadly it isn't he.

Liked
    182 times
    In A Town Like Alice (1956), we find A Man Like Wilder:

Indeed, it is John Wilder back right, alongside Cameron Moore, Geoffrey Hawkins, Eileen Moore, John Fabian, Virginia McKenna, Maureen Swanson and co. John gets a passionate kiss from his wife in a moment and he hugs his daughter as they are parted

and also in the film, A Man Like Madden:

Vincent Ball doesn't seem particularly on the ball here, and next to him is who I presume IMDb thinks is an uncredited Peter Madden. However, I think it is indeed only a man like Madden, as it's really a gaunt Charles Rayford.