Page 124 of 293 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174224 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,480 of 5843
    Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    10 times
    It's perhaps east to forget that Masque of the Red Death (1964) was filmed in England, even though it is an American International Picture. One of the peasants in the opening scene is Ernie Rice, helping to remind us. Looks like perhaps Jack Sharp and Charlie Price are also playing peasants, but quite hard to be sure.

And also this extra at center, who looks like Anthony Lang, but I'm sure isn't. I wonder if this could be Roy Staite (or Straite), who did play an uncredited dancer in this film, and whom we have confused with Fred Woods and Lang in the past over a purported role in Star Wars.

Last edited by DaveWright72; 01-11-13 at 04:54 AM.

Liked
    10 times
    When the surviving villagers approach Prospero's castle for "mercy," the one at top right accompanying David Davies looks like Maurice Bush. Does anyone know the bearded villager? He looks familiar, but I can't recall his name.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    0 times
    Just to say that Fred (Woods) always said he was in this film but have not seen for sure yet ?

Liked
    10 times
    Then it might be Fred after all; my copy isn't very good, and it's a murky scene anyway. I didn't see anyone that looked like Fred anywhere else, so that is the best bet.

Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times

This is hopefully from a better copy of The Masque of the Red Death and it shows the villager in question isn't Fred Woods. However, the film is on the list Fred gave to Scott Palmer, so he must be in there somewhere.

I'd agree, Dave, that looks like Maurice Bush in the David Davies screencap, but although the bearded villager looks familiar to me as well, I can't place him at the moment. He looks a bit like Larry Taylor, but it isn't him.

I didn't see Charlie Price or Jack Sharp, but while looking through the scene for "Fred", I came upon this:

Jane Asher and Vincent Price may be looking away, and Ernie Rice ignoring him, but the villager on the left in the broad-brimmed hat is George Spence.

Liked
    182 times
    Some screencaps of waiters stolen from Stolen Face (1952):

I think this is Emil Stemmler (looking a bit like Michael Dempsey actually). The dancers in the top pic include Lizabeth Scott and Terence O'Regan and the chap on the right in the bottom pic looks a bit like Frank Maher, but I don't believe it is

Liz and Paul Henreid head out and the waiter dashing about here is more certainly Eden Fox.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    0 times
    I agree that that clearer screen shot shows that this is not Fred Wood

Many thanks

Liked
    182 times
    Well, that may not have been Fred Woods in The Masque of the Red Death, but to make amends:

Here is the man himself as the gravedigger in The Kiss of the Vampire (1962). Handing it to him is Clifford Evans

Joining Cliff at the Bray backlot graveside are Olga Dickie, left, and Ernie Rice and Jack Sharp

In this shot we can also see Noel Howlett as well as Jack, Ernie and Fred and also, dark-haired at the back as he's not got his customary hat on, Harry Phipps

Victor Platt is the uncommunicative farmer (unlike the very communicative Farmer he played later in a couple of episodes of THE PERSUADERS!) and Edward de Souza may be reacting to the horse's backside, no doubt supplied courtesy of George Mossman

I do like how Brian Oulton has gathered up his skirts as the disciples of Doctor Ravna (Noel Willman) wish they hadn't joined his cult. Brian and Noel are joined by Margaret Read and Elizabeth Valentine and way in the background, there's Jack Armstrong

Brian's still holding on tight as Peter Evans joins the unhappy throng at the back

As things are about to become quite batty, Fred Peck is the disciple in the centre of this shot. It looks like Inspector Clouseau has come to investigate, far right

And as their pets come out to play, this unhappy cult member looks like an upset John Lynn. His lookalike plays a powdered flunky earlier on in the film.

Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Lovell View Post

This is hopefully from a better copy of The Masque of the Red Death and it shows the villager in question isn't Fred Woods. However, the film is on the list Fred gave to Scott Palmer, so he must be in there somewhere.

I'd agree, Dave, that looks like Maurice Bush in the David Davies screencap, but although the bearded villager looks familiar to me as well, I can't place him at the moment. He looks a bit like Larry Taylor, but it isn't him.

I didn't see Charlie Price or Jack Sharp, but while looking through the scene for "Fred", I came upon this:

Jane Asher and Vincent Price may be looking away, and Ernie Rice ignoring him, but the villager on the left in the broad-brimmed hat is George Spence.
    Thanks Gerald--the better images certainly help!!

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Tigon Man's Avatar
    Liked
    86 times
    There's a Girl in my Soup (1970)

A couple of familiar faces at the wedding of Nicola Pagett and a surprisingly uncredited Lance Percival.

A well refreshed Colin Vancao

Colin Vancao Soup.JPG

Of course no wedding would be complete without the ubiquitous Victor Harrington...

Victor Harrington Theres a Girl in My Soup.JPG

Liked
    182 times
    We may have passed 1984, but in 1955 it was still things to come. This Columbia version (the third, not "The Original" as claimed on the DVD box cover; that was an American TV version with David Wayne and the Peter Cushing version followed that) screws up much of the plot and changes names willy-nilly - at least the main titles admit as much with its "free adaptation" credit - but among the miscast leads, we can find a few friends in the nightmare Orwellian world:

Now that wasn't Patrick Troughton in the scene from Kind Hearts and Coronets, but this is most certainly him as an Outer Party Announcer on the telescreen (or telascreen as Edmond O'Brien keeps calling it)

Ronan O'Casey looks alarmed about being re-arrested, and well he might be with the Thought Policeman here being Bill Baskiville

The prols are re-named "the people" and one of the people, on the right, and listening to the lottery results(!), is George Spence

Bartlett Mullins as the hapless Syme. In the Cushing version, Syme is played by Donald Pleasence. Pleasence turns up in this one too, but playing the larger role of Parsons

Piling in for some hatred towards "Kalador" (Bernard Rebel) are this lot and the one sitting down on the left is Ned Lynch

Aftermath of the hatred reveals George Holdcroft beside chubby O'Brien. Ironic that George was the friend/driver/stand-in for that other Winston Smith, Peter Cushing.
    Last edited by Gerald Lovell; 04-11-13 at 10:53 PM.

Liked
    182 times
    Talking of the DVD box cover, it manages to misspell three of the four actors' names it lists on the front and then spells them all correctly on the back except for the one it got right on the front Newspeak?

A gaunt Vic Chapman follows Jan Sterling from the self-service canteen. A distorted close-up of Vic is seen earlier in the film as he cheers Big Brother

And then a short Hyma Beckley (on the right) is about to do the same with Edmond O'Brien

Now behind Jan is the chubby Jimmy Charters

Raising his glass is Michael Redgrave as "O'Connor", plus we get Alan Tilvern as Martin

"Cheers" shouts an excited Ernie Rice

And looking even more excited in the middle of these Outer Party workers is Anthony Lang.

IMDb lists John Vernon as Big Brother, but the only BB watching over us in this film is represented by a drawing.

Liked
    10 times
    Very nice sightings, Gerald. Always wondered about John Vernon playing Big Brother, especially as he neither seen nor his distinctive voice heard. He did attend RADA about the time of filming, so maybe he recorded dialogue, but it was cut?

Liked
    10 times
    The surviving print isn't the best, but I'm certain this is George Spence (in the sou'wester at center) in Dark Journey (1937), playing a U-boat crewman under the command of Conrad Veidt!

Liked
    182 times
    Even considering it's 1937, I think it possibly looks a bit too full in the face for George, Dave? In Birds of Prey (1930), George looks pretty much as we know him.

Liked
    10 times
    Not a good capture, I agree, but in motion I'm sure it's him. he has the big long nose and open-mouth look, plus the height. Still, I'd only put it down as a "probable" if and when I can get it on Aveleyman.

Liked
    182 times
    Star spotting (well, small part and extra spotting) alongside Man in the Moon (1960):

The research subjects suffering a typical English summer include, on the right, less dressed than usual, Jack Armstrong

The subject enjoying the breezy corridor and between Kenneth More and Lionel Gamlin is Ken Hutchins

Kenny rightly heads for the pub and its patrons include getting-a-round-in Philip Stewart . . .

. . . and a distracted John Tatum. The distractor is Shirley Anne Field

Kenny dispenses advice to Norman Bird and George the barman (Peter Rendall) dispenses the drinks

These gymnastic astronauts look very happy. Bruce Boa and Charles Gray joined, I think, by Peter Brayham, who I believe doubles for Charles during some athletic action

These assistants can't believe what Kenny is up to. Anthony Lang on the left, Edward Burnham playing Edwards in the middle and it might be Romo Gorrara behind him

Another possible here with Michael Hordern: a quizzical Graham Stewart?

Liked
    182 times
    Continuing our lunar trip:

Norman tries to get a letter to Kenny, but he's up against guard Dudley Foster

Not a good one, but the moving image of the isolation tank technician on the right here leads me to believe it's Jack Manderville. The head boffins are John Phillip, Michael Hordern and John Glyn-Jones

Some of the Woomera Main Control technicians and the one the middle is surely Richard Gregory. The extra formerly known as Andy Alston is fairly prominent in these scenes

Hello there! This panicked gate guard is most likely Aidan Harrington

As Russell Waters makes a train announcement and Johns Phillip and Glyn-Jones sweat to understand him, it looks like Jack Dearlove in the background

The nose has it! Reg Thomason instigates Ken's mission to the moon

The ears have it! Guy Standeven ends Ken's mission to the moon.

Voice-overs include Nikki Van der Zyl dubbing Shirley Anne Field for some reason and John Witty doing a Waggo TV commercial.

Thanks to Scott Palmer for providing me with some clues as to who might be among the stowaways on this mission. Those not spotted include Jack Carter, Cliff Diggins, Alan Gibbs, Steve James, John Ketteringham, Frank Maher and June West.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    2 times
    Could the man at the back in the Anthony Lang , Edward Burnham cap be Tom Bell ?

Liked
    182 times
    Among the coven for The Witches (1966):

A prim Joan Fontaine arranges to meet Rev. (?) Alec McCowen in a hotel. The guest at the back facing us is Jack Armstrong and the porter on the right is Artro Morris

Out of focus, but the guest behind the vicar is Fred Machon

And the guest on the right is Jack Arrow. The partly-obscured waiter is "Peter Evans' brother"

The village doctor scuttles away, but we can see it's Ned Lynch

And what will Ned make of this? The feet belong to John Collin and the stunned villager is Lola Morice. Fred Peck pops up in the scene too and no doubt to his great embarrassment, he's also in the closing scenes of the film

As Kay Walsh aids an injured Joan, the police driver on duty is Alan Stuart

And although he has been spotted in this before, here's Harold Coyne as a TV repair man, possibly called "B. Cresset".

Fred Woods is apparently in this film, but I couldn't find him.
    Last edited by Gerald Lovell; 10-11-13 at 03:02 PM.