Page 125 of 293 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135175225 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,500 of 5843
    Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times

This view of Dr. Cy Town is enough to get "A Woman Sobbing" in DEAD OF NIGHT (tx: 17.12.1972).

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Tigon Man's Avatar
    Liked
    86 times
    You Must Be Joking (1965) has been well documented on Aveleyman and Imdb. Not sure whether it has been covered on Britmovie, there are loads of uncredited performers, I don't think Michael Winner was too keen on crediting his extras! Here are a few that I picked out.

Damaris Hayman as a fan club employee

Damaris Hayman Joking.JPG

Georgina Cookson, startled at finding a naked Scotsman in her hall!

Georgina Cookson Joking.JPG

Concierge Harvey Hall
    Harvey Hall Joking.JPG

Army Officer James Ottaway ?
    James Ottaway Joking.JPG

Michael ? The Simon Callow lookalike.

Michael (Callow Lookalike) Joking.JPG

Angry Tweedles Club member Oliver Johnston

Oliver Johnston Joking.JPG

Tea Drinking Army Officer Victor Harrington
    Victor Harrington You Must Be Joking.JPG
    Last edited by Tigon Man; 11-11-13 at 10:49 PM.

Liked
    182 times
    I don't think we have done this one yet, Tigon Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigon Man View Post
    You Must Be Joking (1965) has been well documented on Aveleyman and Imdb. Not sure whether it has been covered on Britmovie, there are loads of uncredited performers, I don't think Michael Winner was too keen on crediting his extras! Here are a few that I picked out.

Georgina Cookson, startled at finding a naked Scotsman in her hall!

Georgina Cookson Joking.JPG
    This is Joan Benham rather than Georgina. And the Scotsman isn't me!!

Michael ? The Simon Callow lookalike.

Michael (Callow Lookalike) Joking.JPG
    Michael Dempsey.

Liked
    86 times
    Thanks for that Gerald. Joan Benham of course, should have known and Michael Dempsey, couldn't remember his surname, except every Britmovier refers to him as the Simon Callow lookalike. Mind you I think he looks more like Lionel Bart...
    There are many many extras on You Must Be Joking, I think this film is worthy of your expert analysis for a full list. I watched it on You Tube, the print is pretty decent.

Not sure what to make of your naked Scotsman comment, Isn't it a bit cold north of the border for naturism? I hear there's a chilly wind in the Trossacks..
    Last edited by Tigon Man; 12-11-13 at 07:08 PM.

Liked
    182 times
    Dracula Has Risen from the Grave (1968), being a Freddie Francis film, almost inevitably features:

Frank Forsyth as a villager. Norman Bacon is the cyclist about to run like the clappers

In the inn, the innkeeper for once is not George Woodbridge, but George A. Cooper and his customers include Tommy Winward and Philip Stewart

Later on, we can see more clearly that another customer is Fred Peck. No Jim Brady, mind you!

There's being some mystery over who dubbed Ewan Hooper's voice in this film; even Hooper himself didn't know and was aghast when he discovered it had happened:

Listening closely to his dialogue again, I think it's very likely the dubbing was done by Cyril Shaps:

And Chris Cunningham's voice may have been provided by David Graham.

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    Armed Guards in the 'H.G. Wells' Invisible Man' episode Crisis in the Desert (1959)

Emil Stemmler:

Adrienne Corri pretends to be a nurse so that she can help rescue hostage Howard Pays from a Middle Eastern hospital.

Peter Brace:

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    10 times
    Nice spotting, cornershop. I screen capped this episode a long time ago; must have been before I knew Emil! Besides Peter Brace, also uncredited were Ian Colin, Patsy Smart and Peter Perkins. I had thought Richard Shaw played the jumpmaster, but now not so sure.

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    Thanks, Dave. Is that Ian Colin on the right, with Martin Benson? Unlike the others, this guard gets to speak a few lines:

Re: Margaret Lacey

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Lovell View Post

Gerald, I was reminded of your capture earlier, from Heavens Above!. This was actually the first time I noticed Margaret ... but not in the film. I've always remembered this appearance was shown when she was the subject of a documentary series called Once in a Lifetime, a Sunday afternoon series. This was about 20 years ago. It was quite similar to that programme with Hannah Hauxwell (around the same time) in that she was an old lady who was being treated to a special holiday/day out by the production team.

Two moments that stand out were her going on a rollercoaster in Blackpool or somewhere and her visit to (old friends?) Coral Bowne and Vincent Price. He prepared a meal and was wearing an elegant dressing gown, as I recall. They seemed to know Margaret quite well. Does anyone remember this? I'd love to see it again.

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    10 times
    NO, not Ian Colin. That guard must be another stuntman we haven't identified yet. Ian Colin played Smith, the government guy with Douglas Wilmer. White hair, sort of Peter Evans looking.

I'm glad they didn't treat Margaret to a tour of Amsterdam and its canals...

Liked
    182 times
    When Arthur Chesney opens Hugh Wakefield's front door, he's too not pleased to see Herb Brown:

Cyril Smith posing with some pansies in The Fortunate Fool (1933).

Liked
    182 times
    The previously-mentioned but not previously shown appearances in DOOMWATCH "Invasion" (tx: 21.12.1970):

Smiling villager Robin Burns on the left and dour villager Bert Sims on the right. That's thirsty villager Peter Welch in the middle downing the pint

Twisted Ted Carroll on the West Yorkshire coach being loaded by Simon Oates.

Liked
    182 times
    In The Beloved Vagabond (1936), we get to London and France and in Madame Boin's Parisian Caf� Delphine:

Cathleen Nesbitt is the Madame, Maurice Chevalier is the Vagabond and Basil McGrail is the barman

Then when Maurice summons the French artists to the bar, the tubby one in the middle is Peter Bull, with his usual accent as English as roast beef.

Liked
    182 times
    The film Doomwatch used some themes that cropped up in the TV series, particularly in "Invasion", shown above and in "The Islanders" (tx: 28.12.1970). Also in "The Islanders":

Not a very good shot, but the flat-capped chap barging in the door on the left appears to be Victor Harrington

While the one behind the blurry George A. Cooper is Eric Kent

Outside, the opened-mouthed one is John Scott Martin

The resigned-looking one is Rodney Cardiff

And I think the charmer in the headscarf could be a thinner, but glum, Bella Emberg

Visiting George in hospital are wife Shelagh Fraser (also nabbed for the film) and son David Buck. Although we only get a glimpse of her profile, I believe the nurse is Jill Goldston.

In the next episode, "No Room for Error" (tx: 04.01.1971), I hope there isn't any in these two sightings:

John Wood does that always difficult negotiation, getting back from the bar without spilling a drop, as Charles Rayford props it up on pipe and pint duty

Back in hospital, Jean Trend gives John a lecture and the visitor in the background may be Edward Phillips.

Liked
    182 times
    The House of the Spaniard has many rooms, so let's have room for two more, though they're not in any of them:

Twittish hero Peter Haddon encounters Albert Smith on the marshes, but it's an unfortunate outcome for Arthur Hambling, according to The Liverpool Echo:

Then Peter has no luck for this typical English tourist he encounters on a Spanish train:

Ernest Jay as the soon-to-be late Henry Bernardo.

Liked
    182 times
    It's The Arthur Hambling Show, as he pitches up again, this time playing a French police official, in The Girl in the Taxi (1937):

Liked
    182 times
    More Victor Harrington, now aged 29, in attire in which we would often see him over the next 40 years:

First left, second row back and beside a John Le Mesurier lookalike in The Ware Case (1938), the second Ealing film made under Balcon. In the trial scenes at the beginning and near the end of the film, Victor gets to do some "acting" with his learned leader Francis L. Sullivan (sitting in front of him). Barry K. Barnes is far right on the front bench. For even more vintage Victor, see his own thread

A couple of process servers pay an unwelcome call on Clive Brook, and the one on the left is that Ernie Rice impersonator Charles Rolfe.

Liked
    86 times
    Gerald, does Victor get a credit in either Honeymoon For Three or The Ware Case?

Liked
    182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigon Man View Post
    Gerald, does Victor get a credit in either Honeymoon For Three or The Ware Case?
    Sadly, no, as he's basically just an extra in both.

Liked
    182 times
    Back onto DOOMWATCH, and watching for the doom of his patient here is Dr. Barry Foster, the human element in "The Iron Doctor":

The elderly patient is Bert Sims I think. Bert's lookalike Harold Bennett is also in the episode as a bedridden patient. The other one we can just see in the background is Frank Littlewood.

Liked
    182 times
    In Murder Without Crime, there are only four characters in the main action and credited. Originally a play called "Double Error", writer/director J. Lee Thompson opens it out by visiting a nightclub called The Teneriffe (sic), which no doubt sounded exotic in 1950. In its environs:

Cocktail barman Larry appears to be a youthful Emil Stemmler

As the proprietor Max, played by Frederick Schrecker, is surprised by that so-called "Andy Alston" buttonhole extra

And in the guts of the club, right in the centre, it looks like Pat Ryan is patronising the place. The waiter on the left . . .

. . . is a slimline and reasonably hirsute Charles Rayford.

There's an awful narration voice-over throughout the film and the fake American voice I believe may well belong to the usually clipped and plummy-toned Howard Marion Crawford.