Page 126 of 293 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176226 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,520 of 5843
    Senior Member Country: Great Britain john walter skinner's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    Great one of dear Peter Bull,undocumented as far as I know. I knew Peter quite well in his later years - he couldn't recall much of his early work and he would like this thread. He's written some great books,including I Know the Face,But, in which he hilariously recalls much of his film work-he was dubbed by Ronnie Fraser in The Girl on the Boat(1962). I see imdb are up to their old tricks,as far as I know Peter was cut from Lavender Hill Mob and he's not in the prints I have seen many times. He once told me Spielberg said Peter's near breaking-up with laughter in Dr Strangelove was a memorable moment in Film for him ..

Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    In SOFTLY SOFTLY TASK FORCE when know it will be a good "Arrival":

Even though he's beating about the bush, P.C. Pat Gorman duly arrives.

Liked
    182 times
    We must believe in these, as they do appear in I Believe in You (1951), but without credit:

Ned Hood on the far right of the back row while Cecil Parker fumbles in his briefcase. A familiar angular face on the front row too

John Orchard looks unhappy and in the background, Charles Rayford joins in with him

I think that could be John More as the police officer looking round as George Relph delivers his spiel. Celia Johnson gets ready for hers and the bobby standing at the back is again another familiar but unnamed face

When Cecil and George encounter Mrs. Tyson (Peggy Ann Clifford) and child, there's Dido Plumb peeking out between them

Meanwhile, down the cells, the ladies of the street get accompanied by the rozzers, including a youthful Frank Maher in the centre

Liked
    182 times

Cel and Cec look a bit nervous, but Jack Arrow looks relaxed

Now we have Gladys Henson doing a tango with court bobby George Hilsdon

Then over to Barry Lowe in a smooching spin on the dance floor

Cecil and Harry Fowler go to catch a bus, and there's Harold Coyne at the head of the queue

Here Cecil encounters Ada Reeve, though poor Cecil has Jack Sharp in the way

And by the way . . .

. . . a pouty Joan Collins - but is that Maxwell Reed on the wall, soon to become Mr. Collins I?

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Lovell View Post

I think that could be John More as the police officer looking round as George Relph delivers his spiel. Celia Johnson gets ready for hers and the bobby standing at the back is again another familiar but unnamed face
    Movie Dude's Unknown Male 30, who definitely has earned a name by now!

Liked
    182 times
    "Countess Ilona" (Billie Whitelaw) is SUPERNATURAL:

At the Club of the Damned, Charles Adey-Gray is among the members listening to Sandor Eles relating her tale

Among her servants must be Mary Rennie

And also Mike Mungarvan

And possibly Tony Snell? Her guests include Charles Kay and John Fraser.

Liked
    182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Lovell View Post
    Rumpole Returns

From "Rumpole and the Show Folk":

I'm wondering if the white-haired but balding clerk at the table is a fatter and older (1979) Charles Adey-Gray?

Liked
    182 times
    Not even BBC records seem to have this Pat Gorman appearance:

As a picture of "Mikhail Assevski" in DOCTOR WHO "The Enemy of the World", viewed by Patrick Troughton and Mary Peach who's wearing an interesting costume.

Liked
    182 times
    The Great Game in 1953 is football, but in 2013 it's sighting uncredited performers. And here are a few from it:

Off to watch Burnville United play at home against Monktown Rovers, or at least read his newspaper, is Victor Harrington top left. On the front bench we have a motley team: Geoffrey Toone, Roddy Hughes and Frank Pettingell

I think the player here is real footballer of time, Tommy Lawton. The unreal manager is Alexander Gauge

Miss Diana Dors with her choc ice eating beau. Mr. Charles Rayford at the back

Lovebirds Thora Hird and Jack Lambert in the middle, plus gooseberry George Spence to our left of Thora and gurning Charles Leno on the front row

There's no explanation given why Roy Purcell looks so morose with La Dors nearby

But now Di's quite happy as she's with Geoff and Sheila Shand Gibbs, and there's an expert behind the bar in the shape of Emil Stemmler, who gets a line. Victor Harrington is canny enough to get into this drinking scene too

I'm not sure if he's returning to support the Rovers, but Jack Howarth certainly has enjoyed supping in the bar.
    Last edited by Gerald Lovell; 26-11-13 at 11:19 PM.

Liked
    182 times
    Glenn Melvyn has the floor and Arthur Mullard has the cloth cap on the row behind him

Clearly, Jack Sharp is also at the meeting

Not so clearly, I think it's Ernie Rice uplifting the leaflets from Thora, Di and Sheila

Not so uplifting but here on display are a fine pair of shorts - and some knobbly knees - per Vaughn, played by Fred Haggerty. Meredith Edwards isn't displaying his bald head here.

Liked
    182 times
    A nice close-up of our new friend Charles Adey-Gray in his uncredited role as a member of the Club of the Damned in SUPERNATURAL "The Werewolf Reunion":

His fellow member is a concerned (justifiably, it transpires) John Stuart

By a process of elimination, I reckon the servant helping to carry out the latest body at Countess Ilona's castle is John Jensen. Mary Rennie is there again, plus chief cook and bottle washer Charles Keating.

John Cannon is in the uncredited list for these episodes, though there's no sign of him, unless he plays the nasty.

Liked
    182 times
    In Salute the Toff (1951), we get to salute a few familiar faces:

Wally Patch introduces his "three beautiful boys" and beauty no. 3 is Jim Brady (who is in the immediately preceding pub scene too, of course!)

A train of events leads us to find passenger Wallace Bosco looking a bit uptight

And a trip to a nightclub leads us to find June Elvin, John Bentley and Peter Dyneley looking a bit tight

Roddy Hughes heads for The Red Lion and as well as Jim Brady back in situ, we see Jack Sharp with pint on the right.

Most cast lists show Ian Fleming as having an uncredited and unattributed role in the film, but I couldn't find him.

I was also intrigued to see that the BBFC website has seemingly two entries for the release of this film, the earlier being named Salute the Taff, which is no doubt the Welsh language version.
    Last edited by Gerald Lovell; 28-11-13 at 12:21 AM.

Liked
    182 times
    "The Enemy of the World" has plenty Troughton, not just Patrick as both DOCTOR WHO and Salamander but also:

His son David Troughton as the guard on the left. The guard on the right is William McGuirk and in the middle, Deborah Watling and Frazer Hines model a nice line in unisex kilts

Down Salamander's deep shaft live Mary Peach and Margaret Hickey and front left, Freddie Wiles

Then when we snap into an "Exercise" from SOFTLY SOFTLY TASK FORCE, surprising Frank Windsor and amusing Stratford Johns (both of whom would appear in DOCTOR WHO in later years), we see a display of Walter Gotell's predecessors as Chief Constable I suppose. Top row centre - Freddie Wiles again

More cops on display, including P.C. Terence Rigby with Inky and the very tall copper: Gordon Stothard

David Lloyd Meredith is doing the let's-be-'aving-you here and the officer on his right checking in is Bernard Barnsley.
    Last edited by Gerald Lovell; 28-11-13 at 10:23 PM.

Senior Member Country: England harryfielder's Avatar
    Liked
    51 times
    Dexter O'Neill 6:09pm Nov 21
    Dear Harry,

Just a quick email to confirm everything for Saturday 30th November 2013.

Venue: George IV Public House, 185 Chiswick High Road W4 2DR
    Time: 3 - 5pm.

cheers,

Dex

Liked
    182 times
    I hope you enjoy the event today, Aitch.

Another event at 20:00 hours - Eight O'Clock Walk (1953):

At the moment everyone looks happy, including P.C. Humphrey Morton and taxi manager Peter Swanwick, still in his chubby era

Humph in civvies with Richard Attenborough and Cathy O'Donnell and still happy, even with Ned Lynch butting in

Things get rather more serious when we get into court and usher Stuart Saunders is doing his declamations

Dickie has been doing his jankers and the officer on the left ensuring he continues to do them is Patrick Jordan

A few familiar necks crane as Dickie enters the court including Noel Dyson (front row, two along) and George Spence (back row, far right)

A couple of court reporters and the one on the blower, Black, looks a bit like Jack Stewart, but I don't think it is him. The other is definitely Peter Bathurst

Junior counsel Derek Farr has a load of briefs behind him, including on the right, Jack Armstrong. And in the public benches, there's Anthony Lang, who pops up also playing another court reporter

On the subject of public benches, have a look behind senior counsel Ian Hunter (also playing Derek's dad) and we have Aileen Lewis too

And giving expert evidence is Doctor Mackenzie, alias Walter Horsbrugh.

In a curious bit of bad continuity, an uncredited Ian Fleming appears once in the jury room as a member of the jury (alongside Totti Truman Taylor and Robert Adair and co.) when there's some lines to say, but he doesn't appear on the jury in any of the courtroom scenes.

Liked
    182 times
    During the time when An Inspector Calls in 1912, well really 1954, flashbacks abound, and in this one of Brian Worth's:

On waiting duty for Brian and Jane Wenham is Eden Fox.

Liked
    182 times
    We take a "Diversion" to SOFTLY SOFTLY TASK FORCE:

David Allister's doing the briefing and Ronald Gough is doing the listening

More listening acting courtesy of P.C. Patrick Milner and D.C. Michael Gaunt

And the detective in the flasher's raincoat is Keith Ashley. David Lloyd Meredith, Mike and Susan Tebbs take notes. Keith returns later in the episode, having changed into a blue coat and wearing a hat, as a customer in Reg Lye's newsagent shop.

The DIXON OF DOCK GREEN coppers in this episode may be due to it being directed by a stalwart of that series, Vere Lorrimer.

Liked
    182 times
    Coming down Out of the Clouds, we get to visit London Airport c. 1954 courtesy of Ealing Studios. IMDb lists quite a number of uncredited cast members - but Katie Johnson I certainly couldn't see, nor is screen credited Nicholas Phipps anywhere to be spotted - and MovieDude's got loads more on his site. Here are a few more, however:

Gazing into one another's eyes are David Knight and Margo Lorenz in a cringing romance story, but if we gaze over the rope into Britain, I think we can see the head waiter is George Roderick

A challenge for any cabin crew, as it looks like they've got that deadly duo Muriel Greenslade and Mabel Etherington on this flight. At least Marie Lohr has conked out, much to Esma Cannon's contempt. No wonder Captain James Robertson Justice turns back

Arrival in Cairo and Eunice Gayson's a welcome sight. Not quite so Charlie Price at the table beside her

Anthony Steel's waiting for his date, but it's not Aileen Lewis, who has just imperiously arrived and is being shown to her table

While Harold Kasket tries to interest Tony in some postcards, they don't see Emil Stemmler arriving behind them; for once he's a customer and not the waiter or barman.

Liked
    182 times
    Back in London, and Gordon Harker shows lovebirds Dave and Marge the sights, include this pub where the barman is Harry, played by Jim Tyson:

Pipe dutifully in position, one of Jim's patrons is Ernie Rice

Another is Jim (George Spence) and at the back is "broken" Ted Carroll

Whipping past us as we whip back to London Airport is Arthur Howell. Miss Lorenz is unhappy

Then, phew, we're in Rome Airport and the waiter being well tipped by Tony and Eunice is Martin Lyder

Now on our way back to London - great you can get seats a few moments before take off - and Mr. Knight is so happy, he's gets his nostrils on display. Thankfully, George Hilsdon in the seat behind him can't see them

Finally, the disgruntled and dry passenger in the moustache here could be Michael Shepley.

Liked
    182 times
    When things go SUPERNATURAL again, the spooky goings-on down the Club of the Damned include a replacement for Charles Adey-Gray in the audience listening to Denholm Elliott's tale about "Lady Sybil":

Looking suitably wasted as he has his glass refilled is Reg Thomason.