Page 128 of 293 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138178228 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,560 of 5843
    Senior Member Country: Great Britain john walter skinner's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    #2539 boxer left face is so familiar --Jackie Cooper? Maybe not,possibly been featured earlier on your thread.as he's playing a boxer,most probably a stuntman....
    Last edited by john walter skinner; 07-12-13 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Additional reportage

Liked
    0 times
    The chap with Seaforth could be a young Paul Kirby, who later became chairman of the FAA I believe!

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    2 times
    The 1974 film "The Black Windmill" starring Michael Caine is an enjoyable thriller featuring a feast of Brit character actors, there are no end credits just about four or five captions in the opening titles featuring the main cast, this cast included John Vernon who does'nt seem to appear. Extra watching is slow in this film during the first hour i just spotted Walter Henry in the brief auction room shot as Sir Michael pops upstairs to his MI6 office. Later our hero is pursued by a plain clothes copper (David Daker) on to a tube train, always a good environment for background actors, stood close to Michael are Eden Fox and Gerald Lovell's recent discovery Charles Adey-Gray, on exiting we see a frail looking Dido Plumb. Finally getting on a double decker London bus with his wife Janet Suzman, they had for the deserted upstairs deck, deserted except for a lone gent (Cyril Kent) reading his paper.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Tigon Man's Avatar
    Liked
    86 times
    Quote Originally Posted by philly View Post
    The 1974 film "The Black Windmill" starring Michael Caine is an enjoyable thriller featuring a feast of Brit character actors, there are no end credits just about four or five captions in the opening titles featuring the main cast, this cast included John Vernon who does'nt seem to appear. Extra watching is slow in this film during the first hour i just spotted Walter Henry in the brief auction room shot as Sir Michael pops upstairs to his MI6 office. Later our hero is pursued by a plain clothes copper (David Daker) on to a tube train, always a good environment for background actors, stood close to Michael are Eden Fox and Gerald Lovell's recent discovery Charles Adey-Gray, on exiting we see a frail looking Dido Plumb. Finally getting on a double decker London bus with his wife Janet Suzman, they had for the deserted upstairs deck, deserted except for a lone gent (Cyril Kent) reading his paper.
    One of my favourite films, the first hour including the chase through the underground is pure Don Siegal, absolutely breathtaking. As for John Vernon, he plays McKee the chief villain and features heavily all through the movie, including the final scenes at Clayton Windmills. I used to live nearby and my Father remembers them filming the Jack Windmill scenes in the summer of 1973. I think the mill has owned by the golfer Henry Longhurst at the time.
    Incidentally Vernon ended up in hospital after the shoot-out scenes, he was burned during the fire stunt.

Liked
    2 times
    Sorry Tigon Man i was thinking of someone else. Aah Richard Vernon, i must be getting old.
    Last edited by philly; 08-12-13 at 11:48 PM.

Liked
    2 times
    A post on the Mausoleum Club forum has noted that Tottie Truman Taylor (born 1915) might be still living, does anyone know for sure?

Senior Member Country: UK mulberrybushfilmfan's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    Who played Mr Kelly. He was in the front room when Barry pushed the living room door open having his breakfast? Cheers!
    Quote Originally Posted by cornershop15 View Post
    Good to see you posting images again, Gerald, but I am very concerned about the fate of the old ones. Is everything going to be alright? I've just sent Photobucket $30 to cover the next year. Plus must be the new name for Pro.

No sign of Carol Craig yet but I did spot Angela Pleasence in Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush (filmed in 1967):

You can barely see the girl under the box Barry Evans is carrying. The other children aren't shown to good effect either.

And look who lives next door. It's Marianne Stone as the glamorous Mrs. Kelly (On Mother Kelly's Doorstep, if you like):

It's not Barry's night, is it?! His face was hidden in the capture I posted at 'Who are these people?' earlier, with the Mystery Redhead.

Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    Another face and name to put together:

Roy Denton as a window cleaner in DOCTOR WHO "The Invasion" Episode Six (tx: 07.12.1968)

And as a tramp in SOFTLY SOFTLY TASK FORCE "Arrival" (rx: 20.11.1969).

Liked
    182 times
    In The Night We Got the Bird (1961), a few get more than they bargained for:

Brian Rix clearly thinks Arnold Bell is potty. He appears to be a vice admiral, though I'd have thought a rear admiral was more appropriate for this purchase

In court inevitably and equally inevitably, Terry Scott's a policeman. His colleague, Bill Baskiville, doesn't appear to believe a word Terry says

Terry heads for the bench and John Le Mesurier is one of the clerks. On the right, we can just see the quickest glimpse of a court reporter in the guise of Ned Lynch . . .

. . . and the only snatch we get of Ned's colleagues is in this quickly-moving shot, as Dora Bryan goes to give evidence. But we can see it's Victor Harrington there, plus one of our unknown favourites to Victor's left. That old gent is seen right at the start of the film being wheeled along a Brighton pier by a nurse. No credit for either appearance, sadly. Another member of the fuzz in court here is gimlet-eyed "Cyril Chamberlain's cousin", who even gets a line

Nor for Eddie Boyce the jumble sale patron, who is amazed by Terry's blurred legs

And railway porter Charles Rayford looks amused when Brian claims "they went thataway".

Liked
    182 times
    An interesting (1970) take on industrial relations features in the episode of SOFTLY SOFTLY TASK FORCE called "Standing Orders". Standing here:

The tallest striker is Robin Burns and Jay Neill is on his left. Richard Hampton is in the car

Stratford Johns seems to be enjoying the attentions of the TV make-up girl but interviewer Brian Spink is about to put an uncomfortable question to him. Hugh Elton gets out fast

In what I assume is the boozer down the nick (), Terence Rigby, Norman Bowler and Susan Tebbs enjoy seeing Barlow bluster on the box and Sergeant Tommy Winward looks quite pleased too.

A perky pre-DOCTOR WHO Katy Manning is in this episode too.

Liked
    0 times
    Roy Denton was the father of extras agency supreme Terry Denton De Gray. I think Terry was Benny Hill's stand-in at one time...
    Last edited by john walter skinner; 10-12-13 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Grammar correction

Liked
    182 times
    Interesting, John. Roy looks as though he could have been Fred Scuttle's stand-in!

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mulberrybushfilmfan View Post
    Who played Mr Kelly. He was in the front room when Barry pushed the living room door open having his breakfast? Cheers!
    Is it Vincent Fleming?:

With Marianne Stone as Mrs. Kelly.

Liked
    182 times
    It looks like it could be Roy Denton again as the elderly gent in the centre who looks bewildered at the steak pie "with all the trimmings" being served up by Jeremy Young to Frank Windsor and Stratford Johns:

Alan Stratford Johns in particular detects nuts or something in it? From SOFTLY SOFTLY TASK FORCE "Private Mischief".

Liked
    182 times
    Playing the Tunes of Glory (1960):

Fulton Mackay as Sergeant Finney. IMDB has John Harvey down for this role (though the film's cast list correctly does not) and see later . . .

Alec Guinness wants to see the teeth of Corporal Eddie Boyce

Poor Angus Lennie only wants to offer a doughnut with your tea, but Percy Herbert ensures he's put on a charge by Hugh Elton

Send three and fourpence, we're going to advance to a dance, or at least Johnny Mills' cocktail party. While the likes of Susannah York and Allan Cuthbertson hooch it up, on the right there's Gertrude Kaye - in a hat - having a laugh with . . .

. . . "Gerald Lawson's dad". And there's "Peter Evans' brother" having a chat with Juba Kennerley too

But when the hoochin' stops, there's padre Pat Halpin praying for John Mills to calm down. Also on parade: could that be Pauline Chamberlain with her hair down (she is in the film) ?, Oor Eck, Mark Burns, Richard Leech and the back of Gordon Jackson's head

More peacefully (well, for a moment or two anyway) in Dr. Snoddie's Bridge Hotel lounge bar, Jock's getting the drinks in and the big laddie centre must surely be our fellow forum member Ray Austin. On the right . . .

. . . a grinning Fred Haggerty, who thinks he's in for a rum. We get to see the back of Snoddie's noddy too

A rum do also for Keith Faulkner and the real John Harvey, plus Wallace Bosco peeping out at the left

And this appears to be Walter Henry saluting us as we head out of the film.

Scott Palmer informs me that many of those frequently featured in this thread are also in this film, including Jack Armstrong, Bill Baskiville, Tony Castleton, Harold Coyne, Bill Cummings, George Curtis, Peter Diamond, Peter Evans (himself), Eden Fox, Pat Hagan, Victor Harrington, George Hilsdon, George Holdcroft, Ken Hutchins, Gerry Judge, Anthony Lang, the Lewises, Ned Lynch, Fred Machon, Frank Maher, Alan Meacham, Fred Peck, Charlie Price, Paddy Ryan, Pat Ryan, Harold Sanderson, Paddy Smith, Guy Standeven, Philip Stewart, John Tatum and John Wilder. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find them and I suspect many are "hidden" within the cocktail party scenes. One of the third assistant directors on this film was Michael Stevenson.

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Lovell View Post
    Playing the Tunes of Glory (1960):
    Fulton Mackay as Sergeant Finney. IMDB has John Harvey down for this role (though the film's cast list correctly does not) and see later . . .
    Have you submitted a correction to the IMDb?

Steve

Liked
    182 times
    My copybook with IMDb appears to have been blotted long ago and as I've said several times before, Steve, they do not accept corrections from me any more.

Senior Member Country: UK mulberrybushfilmfan's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    Not sure, can't find any info on a vincent fleming. What else was he in or any other info? Cheers!
    Quote Originally Posted by cornershop15 View Post

Is it Vincent Fleming?:

With Marianne Stone as Mrs. Kelly.

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    All I can find to compare is Hummies' capture from The Champions episode The Silent Enemy (filmed in April 1967):

Quote Originally Posted by philly View Post
    The 1974 film "The Black Windmill" starring Michael Caine is an enjoyable thriller featuring a feast of Brit character actors, there are no end credits just about four or five captions in the opening titles featuring the main cast, this cast included John Vernon who does'nt seem to appear. Extra watching is slow in this film during the first hour i just spotted Walter Henry in the brief auction room shot as Sir Michael pops upstairs to his MI6 office [the only time we see Brenda Cowling].
    You missed our friend with the beard, philly (sans pipe):

Thanks for giving me the incentive to watch this again. There's something not quite right about Michael Caine and Janet Suzman's performances in the first half but they improve in the second, as does the film. I especially liked their scene on the bus (as you said, with Cyril Kent in the background) and the one where jeweller Robert Dorning is visited by Clive Revill and Denis Quilley. I wish they had more to do.

A surprisingly dull role for tough guy Derek Newell. "Must be a boring job" says Michael at one point - and he was right. Michael Segal, as the Postman who delivers a blackmailer's audio cassette, and the aforementioned Brenda Cowling were even more blink-or-miss than some extras. I think I have another addition to make to IMDb's cast, philly. Isn't that Peter Halliday asking for the coach driver's passport? And where was George A. Cooper?

I will return later with the other extras you mentioned. The Bus Conductor might be Harold Coyne. At the moment, I'm about to do the scene where Michael Caine goes to the train station, pursued by David Daker. Did you notice the poster for Battle for the Planet of the Apes? The UK release date of 17th December 1973 should give us a rough idea of when this scene was filmed.

Liked
    8 times
    The chap having a sleep, under the Champions The Silent enemy, is Vincent Fleming.