Page 129 of 293 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179229 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,580 of 5843
    Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    We could almost say "They seek them here, they seek them there, those credits are just everywhere" as THE ADVENTURES OF THE SCARLET PIMPERNEL seems to have a very haphazard way of dealing with its cast. Pot lock may be the best way to describe the situation. In "Sir Percy's Wager" (tx: 02.03.1956), I'll bet that these two significant performers get no screen credit:

The Prince Regent no less, series regular Alexander Gauge, seems infuriated with the co-producer's wife (Lucie Mannheim) that he's not on the cast list this week

Nor is this drunken coachman Henry Oscar. Co-Producer Marius Goring is tiptoeing in in case Henry realises his agent has made a blunder. Edmund Willard is satisfied because he's on the cast list.

Others previously spotted by MovieDude are Jack May (the first) and John Lynn.
    Last edited by Gerald Lovell; 12-12-13 at 08:04 PM.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    2 times
    Sir Percy's Wager, i have Otto Friese as 'a customer in the tavern' down for this aswell Gerald, he is quite a regular in this series.

The Black Windmill yes cornershop i missed the bearded moviedude unknown thanks for spotting him and the cap, i will look forward to some more, i did'nt spot George A Cooper either although he is listed as 'Pincus' in several places. Peter Halliday yes thanks again, i knew his face but the name eluded me.

Liked
    182 times
    Thanks, philly. I didn't see Otto Friese in the tavern scene, but I suppose this must be pouty him in a fair-coloured wig under the window, raising a glass to his lips:

Liked
    182 times
    Boxing farce and Brian Rix vehicle And the Same to You (1959) sports a star comic performance from William Hartnell, plus:

A number of familiar faces among the boxing spectators, including Jack Sharp, Robin Burns and Jimmy Charters

Shirley Anne Field doesn't get much to do in this film, but at least she has a far better smile than the gurner behind her. Charles Rayford is also there

Billy, playing Wally, is about to deal a bottle blow to Manny (Manny Michael, that is)

Bill then goes off to meet Sid James and there meets Jim Brady and Alf Mangan, a rum pair indeed. Not so rum are the pair at the door: Jean Clarke and Jennifer Phipps. Jim (and possibly Alf) are seen again as spectators, but surprisingly given the number of boxing scenes in this one, Ernie Rice isn't obvious

Dick Dreadnought is Brian Rix and his second is, of course, Leo Franklyn. To Brian's left is brutish boxer Perce played by Tony Wright and further to the left, one of the spectators is Harry Phipps

Brian has to face George Leech whose shifty second is George Hilsdon. Spectating in this one looks like Jack Dearlove with another familiar extra next to him

When crafty Dick Bentley meets Perce and Wally in the pool hall, sweeping up after them is Jim Tyson

And when Wally takes (un)holy orders and leads his flock - Renee Houston, Vera Day and John Robinson - to Brian's potential slaughter, Jack May on the left is there is watch it.

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    Re: Extras in 'The Black Windmill'

Quote Originally Posted by cornershop15 View Post
    A surprisingly dull role for tough guy Derek Newell.
    I meant Derek Newark, of course. In addition to Walter Henry and the Bearded Man without Pipe ...

Quote Originally Posted by philly View Post
    ... Later our hero is pursued by a plain clothes copper (David Daker) on to a tube train, always a good environment
    for background actors, stood close to Michael are Eden Fox and Gerald Lovell's recent discovery Charles Adey-Gray:

As always, I'm curious to know what those posters are.

... on exiting we see a frail looking Dido Plumb:

Standing behind him is David Daker, who is waiting to see what Michael Caine's next move will be.

.. Finally getting on a double decker London bus with his wife Janet Suzman, they had for
    the deserted upstairs deck, deserted except for a lone gent (Cyril Kent) reading his paper:

With Janet Suzman, singing the chorus of The Sound of Music as she boards the top deck.

One more to add to the list. Assuming I'm right in thinking the Bus Conducror's Harold Coyne:

Janet is joined by screen husband Michael Caine. Shortly afterwards, the bus passes a store called S. Margolis and Sons.

As for uncredited actors, here's that surprisingly brief cameo from Peter Halliday, asking for the coach driver's passport:

What is his role exactly (so I can add it to IMDb)? Same goes for the man Michael Caine is hiding from in the coach.

Just as well I'm on my own tonight, MovieDude. Five of your Unnamed Extras*:

L-R - Del Baker, Paul Humpoletz, Derek Lord, Hilary Sesta, and, yes, Peter Halliday.

*The Black Windmill (1974) - movie-dude.co.uk

With any luck, there'll be further identifications at 'Who are these people?' shortly.
    Last edited by cornershop15; 13-12-13 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Several typing errors

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks Cornershop.

It's plain to see from all the recent images from The Black Windmill that I really need to do this one again. I seem to have missed quite a few.

Liked
    182 times
    I understand that sadly Hilary Sesta died a few months ago.

Liked
    182 times
    "The Princess" isn't really one in THE ADVENTURES OF THE SCARLET PIMPERNEL, but SP considers she is, and we can consider the on-screen cast list rather better this week. But to add to it:

This is a good one of Rachel Gurney's back, but the only decent one we can get of crewman Ned Lynch

There's a tumble in the tumbrel and princess Susan Lyall Grant has a close encounter with a corporal who looks mightily like George Leech

And about to have a roll in the rue is citizen Jack May

There's a lot of ladies and sirs in this scene, plus Sir Roger de Coverley, as well as Sue, Rachel, Marius Goring and about to look right at the camera, bless her, Lola Morice.

Liked
    182 times
    Not very quietly getting luggage ready for The Silent Passenger (1935) are these two porters and I think the one on the right must be Frederick Burtwell:

Liked
    182 times
    Sneer all you like, Citizen Stanley Van Beers, comfort all you like Princess Maureen Connell and kiss all you like maid Sybil Wise, but the hand of soldier Max Faulkner is out to grab you right on the quayside :

This episode of THE ADVENTURES OF THE SCARLET PIMPERNEL, called "A Tale of Two Pigtails", also has Peter O'Toole as "1st Soldier" and Marius Goring outrageously playing Chinese artist Chang Ling Su, as well as the SP pretending to be him.

Liked
    182 times
    At this building site, it appears only William Marlowe anticipates health and safety regulations:

The workman leading the guys off site is George Curtis

And Walter Henry is not far behind him.

The forces of law and order in "Just Like Any Other Friday . . ." from SOFTLY SOFTLY TASK FORCE include Ronald Gough and that chubby extra last seen in a tracksuit and BLUE PETER badge. Tom Baker also makes a very brief appearance as the site foreman. Tom was really working on a building site when he was cast as Doctor Who about four years after this.

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    10 times
    Gregory Ratoff's Oscar Wilde (1960) (not to be confused with Ken Hughes' The Trials of Oscar Wilde, released the same week) is a tough film to track down, but productive for extra spotting.

Among the cast of Lady Windermere's Fan is Tony Castleton (who also appears in Trials).

I'm sure there are other familiar faces in this large audience, but it looks like John More in the front row (and maybe Joe the Waiter about four rows back).

The courtroom scenes have extras galore. Watching over the proceedings of prosecutor Alexander Knox is an out of focus, but recognizable, Ned Lynch.

In the spectators' gallery with Oscar's boy toy Bosie (John Neville) we can see Peter Rendall in front and Tony Mendleson at back right. All the others ring a bell, too. Peter was also an extra in Trials as well. I'm curious if anyone knows the fellow at bottom right; he's an extra a lot of ITC shows and always reminds me of JFK.
    Last edited by DaveWright72; 16-12-13 at 01:32 AM.

Liked
    10 times

Rather inevitably, here's Victor Harrington lurking in the back row of the gallery. Also rather inevitably, Victor also appears in Trials. Movie Dude's grumpy unknown male 21 is the barrister in the front row at right.

The court clerk looks to me like Pat Hagan.

The jury is quite a rogue's gallery, but the only ones I recognize are a few of Movie Dude's guys: #9 in the front row, "Gerald Lawson's granddad" in the back, and #25 just barely visible at right. Now If can just get my hands on the whole film and not just some clips!

Liked
    182 times
    Some nice work there, Dave. In the audience screencap, maybe Charles Rayford (in a moustache) is there, plus "Andy Alston". Among the jury, it looks like Joe Beckett (also in a moustache) second from right on the front row.

Liked
    182 times
    Detective Chief Superintendent Barlow faces the "Power of the Press" in SOFTLY SOFTLY TASK FORCE, while we face the 19th hole residents in the Thamesford Golf Club:

Baldy Kenneth Waller and subsequent baldy Gary Waldhorn consider comb-overs and Walter Goodman considers a good lady.

Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Lovell View Post
    Some nice work there, Dave. In the audience screencap, maybe Charles Rayford (in a moustache) is there, plus "Andy Alston". Among the jury, it looks like Joe Beckett (also in a moustache) second from right on the front row.
    Thanks Gerald. I had thought it might be "not Andy," but he didn't seem full-faced enough when he turned his head. That is indeed Joe Beckett--knew I knew him, but could not recall his name.

Those are just who I could spot in the nine minutes of clips I found online--wonder how many more are lurking in the whole film?

Liked
    182 times
    Let's take a chance with Take a Chance (1937):

Could the stable boy on the right be Jack Sharp?

Could the unpaid tradesman in the flat cap be Cyril Smith?

But the arresting-looking P.C. is certainly a young Bill Shine. Claude Hulbert certainly looks as if he should be arrested.

Liked
    10 times
    It seemed like a proper time to take a closer look at this scene. Among the mourners streaming out of St. Paul's at T.E. Lawrence's funeral in Lawrence of Arabia are:

George Spence, just over Jack Hedley's shoulder. He actually comes down the steps twice, in two separate shots.

Ernie Rice and Harry Phipps, just visible between Hedley and Jack Hawkins.

The camera pans as Hedley hurries over to Arthur Kennedy, but even blurred I'm sure this is Jack Sharp and John Lynn on the left.

There are quite a few others in this brief sequence, including many of Movie Dude's numbered horde. Pat Hagan and Ned Lynch are very prominent, being talked to by Donald Wolfit and Kennedy, respectively.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    8 times
    Just been watching"SERCUS OF FEAR" 1966 all the boys were in this one, Reg Thomason, Jack Arrow, Fred Woods etc..

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    Well spotted Dave. I missed those completely. I will have another look at the disc soon.