Page 137 of 293 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187237 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,740 of 5843
    Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    THE ADVENTURES OF SIR LANCELOT are certainly not "The Lesser Breed" as they're now all in glorious and gaudy colour:

A lot of the usual cast and extras have gone in the colour episodes, but the knight on the right looks as though they've retained the services of Frank Maher. William Russell looks happy in the background in his bright outfit

Viking Horg (Fred Goddard) inspects his slaves and this one appears to be Emil Stemmler, who is not so happy

And when horrible Horg grabs an axe, I think it's from George Leech he's grabbed it. George goes on to have a swordfight with our hero.

Liked
    182 times
    We may have lost Derren/Derry Nesbitt from THE ADVENTURES OF SIR LANCELOT, but he pops up as a nasty in H.G. WELLS' INVISIBLE MAN when he's on the "Point of Destruction". Patricia Jessel, Barry Letts and John Rudling (looking like a latter day Groucho Marx) are also in the cast. Some of the uncredited actors have been well documented elsewhere (including Alfred Burke, Peter Perkins and Victor Harrington with lines!), but we also get:

Windswept onlookers Guy Standeven (centre) and Arthur Howell (right), apparently at Leavesden Aerodrome (as was)

SIR L survivor Frank Maher as an uniformed copper.

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    10 times
    Deadlier Than the Male (1967) is one of the better James Bond knockoffs. Tigon Man noted some of these sightings almost exactly a year ago, so full credit to him. Amongst the extras:

Alex Lewis gets some nice screentime as an oil board member, watching Leonard Rossiter be a twit.

While among the other board members are Movie Dude's Unknown Male 48 (to right of Alex), Most Wanted 108, Peter Evans, someone I don't know but have seen frequently, and Tony Mendleson.

Bulldog Drummond (Richard Johnson) is attacked by a crack team of assassins in a car pack. First assassin is certainly Peter Diamond...

...while the other two are Peter Brace and George Sewell, the latter oddly uncredited (and presumably on leave from SHADO).

Their driver is Joe Wadham (of course). He wisely skedaddles after George wallops Peter accidentally with a lead pipe. :P

Liked
    10 times

Another board meeting, this time of "Pan-Arabian Oil." L to R: Unknown Male 9, unknown, Pat Halpin, a credited William Mervyn, unknown, unknown (an Indian extra who appears in a lot of ITC shows), Colin McKenzie, and another extra I see all the time, but don't know. Also on the board, but not in this shot are Most Wanted 107 (aka "not Andy Alston") and John More.

Poor Marianne Stone gets to play yet another uncredited secretary; she's unimpressed with Drummond's manners. I don't blame her, but at least she doesn't get blown up like her boss.

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    Dave, I think the unknown next to Pat Halpin is Terence Conoley.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    And the man camera side of Colin McKenzie is FRED BERMAN

Liked
    182 times
    Not only Lady Godiva Rides Again, but also these are seen again:

Pauline Stroud and George Cole at the flicks (where they see Dennis Price and an uncredited Googie Withers in a fake film - John McCallum inevitably is present in the "real" film) and as George orders an ice, Ned Hood chats to his unseen companion in the far right of the fifth row back

At a dance where Jimmy Young (without hairpiece) warbles an awful song, George is joined by Pauline and Bernadette O'Farrell and Reg Thomason sticks his nose in between the girls

Chuck out the drunks: Paddy Smith as the right-hand waiter and on the upper level, Pat Ryan and Mabel Etherington seem to be behaving themselves

A dig at the antics on the Rank Charm School, but for some mysterious reason, Harold Goodwin is more interested in reading the books and eating an apple

It may be all the fun of the fair, but roustabout Jim Brady doesn't look that happy, nor does Dora Bryan. That's John McCallum in the ten gallon hat and Peter Martyn on the right, who's about to hand Jim back the kettle Dora is holding

Pauline is the lady who pawned her mink and I think the pawnbroker may be John Dunbar

And just as Lady Godiva is about the ride yet again, there are mixed reactions to the unmoving, Lord Chamberlain beating ladies on the stage. George and Bernadette differ in their opinion and Cyril Chamberlain is positively moved, but his wife Kay Kendall and parents Gladys Henson and Stanley Holloway are certainly not impressed. The enthusiastic gentlemen in the row behind them include Otto Friese and "Peter Evans' brother"

John joins the audience and the disapproving brigade. Two along to our left of him appears to be Ian Selby, who is in the other camp, I reckon

It was Christmas Day in the Outback: John's happier now he's back Down Under and he's joined by John Wilder in a even wilder shirt and party hat, as well as Diana Dors and Lyn Evans.

The opening narrator sounds like Leslie Mitchell, who later on appears in the film as an uncredited "TV Interviewer". Typecasting even in 1951, Leslie?

Senior Member Country: Great Britain john walter skinner's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    2710 Think the Indian gent with red tie is MOHAMMAD SHAMSHI, Gerald; he's got quite a few creds on IMDB; I worked with him once (Who Done It?(1969) tv with Gary RAYMOND) could be SAMSHI;
    Did you know that on LADY GODIVA RIDES AGAIN one of the beauty contestants was RUTH ELLIS,who was later hanged?? JOAN COLLINS was also in the line-up, I think...JOHN

Liked
    182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by john walter skinner View Post
    2710 Think the Indian gent with red tie is MOHAMMAD SHAMSHI, Gerald; he's got quite a few creds on IMDB; I worked with him once (Who Done It?(1969) tv with Gary RAYMOND) could be SAMSHI;
    Did you know that on LADY GODIVA RIDES AGAIN one of the beauty contestants was RUTH ELLIS,who was later hanged?? JOAN COLLINS was also in the line-up, I think...JOHN
    Thanks for that, John. Yes, I did know about Ruth Ellis and Joan Collins is indeed in there somewhere, plus Anne Heywood, I understand.

Liked
    182 times
    "Sir Crustabread" seems an unusual alias for our hero, but during THE ADVENTURES OF SIR LANCELOT, anything can happen:

And indeed here it has for Robert Scroggins and William Russell are very fed up because Robert, despite being a regular, gets no screen credit on this episode

Round Table meeting: in the chair, King Ronald Leigh-Hunt, beard convenor Russ, beard emeritus Cyril Smith and pretend princess Virginia Vernon. Knights ordinaire are George Leech and Joe Wadham. More George coming up

Country rascal this week is Frank Maher and as ever, he pops up later, too . . .

Dim informer is Edward Judd, who seems to have taken up Derren Nesbitt's place in the rep company since we went colour. Reginald Hearne, who is credited unlike Ed this week, also seems to a secured a nice series sinecure. Our baddies here though are Hector Ross and Alan Edwards

Sir L playing Sir C playing a baker playing a silly servant ponders over Sidney Vivian's knead. The other silly servant looks to be Graham Stewart

At dinner, the guest right foreground is Bill Cummings (fight coming!) and the bewigged servant holding up the Nettlefold cardboard wall while wearing a wig is George Leech as promised. Also here is Frank Maher again now playing another servant. Fight coming for both of them too

More guests include Fred Haggerty on the left, who gets fight action shortly as well, even before he's digested his dinner, as well as Roma Denville as my Lady Eleanor.

These most recent episodes were broadcast in 1957, starting with "The Magic Book".

Liked
    182 times
    In the "Death Cell" is William Lucas, but will H. G. WELLS' INVISIBLE MAN come to save him in time? Waiting for him at the railway station is his sister Dee (Lisa Daniely):

Not quite invisible is The Blurry Man, who I believe is Arthur Howell

The hospital porter fascinated by Bruce Seton fumbling in the air is Charles Lamb

And the prison chaplain fascinated by Jack Lambert allowing Invisible to manhandle them all is Peter Rendall.

Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Aged AD View Post
    And the man camera side of Colin McKenzie is FRED BERMAN
    Thank you--nice to put a name to his face finally!
    (The poster formerly known as DaveWright72)

Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    0 times
    A still taken from Band of Thieves (1963) showing Fred Wood as a prisioner watching Acker Bilk & his band play.

Band of Thieves.jpg

Liked
    182 times
    In The Young Ones (1961), our first sightings are of The Old Ones:

As Teddy Green jumps down off the colourful main titles onto the newly-constructed Elstree backlot set, I think that's Ernie Rice as the newspaper seller on the right

Then bustling along the pavement is Mabel Etherington, closely followed by . . .

. . . her matron in crime, Muriel Greenslade

It's not particularly clear from this one and only shot of him, but the butler to Messrs. Black (Cliff Richard and Robert Morley) in the small set they have to represent their plush millionaire mansion is surely Walter Horsbrugh

Orf dawn the market wiv Melvyn Hayes and Rita Webb plus Harold Sanderson. Mu'n'Mabel are also in a later market scene

Here is the news and this is Pat Hagan reading it. Oh, and so is Richard Baker.

Liked
    182 times
    Someone is interrupting television broadcasts and the detector vans (!) are out to find out who. Gerald Harper is i/c the operations room and Kevin Brennan is i/c him

A peaceful game of bridge about to be disturbed by the pirate wailing of Harry Webb. Little innocent Nora Gordon isn't innocent at all - watch your cards, girls

Time for the fuzz to get involved. Here we have Robin Wentworth (with the voice of Martin Boddey) and Jeff Silk on the right

More fuzz in the shape of Joe Wadham in the middle, who shortly after can be seen driving one of the detector vans

The dragnet closes in and Robert Morley gets questioned by Douglas Muir, who's accompanied by a regular policeman extra whose name I wish we knew. Cliff looks on tartly

Time for Mr. Morley to be duffed up in his car. Teddy Green's on the right doing it and on the left, a very young Rocky Taylor joins in. He's soon in a fight scene. Rocky recently told a friend of mine that this was his first film

And more police arrive to see us off. Robert is joined by Harold Scott and the assembled fuzzery includes Gerry Judge on the left and Arthur Howell on the right. Arthur's in fact in the earlier police scene with Robin Wentworth, etc. as well.

Liked
    182 times
    THE ADVENTURES OF SIR LANCELOT take him to meet the "Maid Of Somerset", but it's all a bit cheesy and should've been called "Made in Somerset". Among the villagers about to be sold into slavery:

Arthur Howell in the middle, out of police uniform and in Robin Hood castoffs. Joining him, but with his back to us . . .

. . . Fred Haggerty (methinks a fight looms later). By Fred is Edward Judd and in the middle background, Charlie Price. The grey-clothed chamberlain is Reginald Hearne. Holding Fred and Ed . . .

. . . is soldier Peter Brace and I think that's Graham Stewart with him. King Meliot looks like Kenneth Connor from CARRY ON LAUGHING, or King Arthur from the cartoon ARTHUR! series of the 60s. In fact it's Duncan Lewis.

Directed by Peter Maxwell . . .

Liked
    182 times
    . . . as is this episode of H. G. WELLS' INVISIBLE MAN, "The Vanishing Evidence". This is the one where Guy Standeven plays the hapless detective sergeant whose work duly vanishes. His onscreen credit vanished too, and also those for:

Peter Swanwick auditioning for a part in THE PRISONER

And Peter being loyal to his actors, Reginald Hearne again as the police sergeant. Sarah Lawson is "The Girl in the Bath", a pin-up girl for Michael Ripper!

We get a quick look at the (sparse) file Col. Ward (played by Ernest Clark, who used to play Sir Charles) on agent Charles Gray which shows Charlie's height as 5'83/4". As we say up here, "that canny be richt".

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    2 times
    The regular policeman extra, according to Aged AD at "Who are those Policemen" is called 'Adams', we just need his first name.

Liked
    182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by philly View Post
    The regular policeman extra, according to Aged AD at "Who are those Policemen" is called 'Adams', we just need his first name.
    We don't often see him without his helmet on, but could he be John Adams, who was an extra in a number of things?

From Aveleyman, John Adams in The Assassination Bureau (1968). Unfortunately, he's got a beard on, but the mouth looks similar.

Liked
    182 times
    Carting The Plank around are two plank workman, Tommy Cooper and Eric Sykes, and along the way:

Tommy is helped to the kerbside by a number of well-meaning pedestrians until "It's paint!", but before he goes, the one in the middle with the slightly curly hair is Keith Ashley

There's going to be a nasty smell at the bus stop in a minute. Hyma Beckley looks like he's anticipating it, Joan Young fusses over Dennis Golding and Johnny Speight has a Condor moment as he thinks up new Alf Garnett scripts.

This is from Eric's 1967 version of his story.