Page 139 of 293 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189239 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,780 of 5843
    Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    "Man in Disguise" finally gives Tim Turner a turn to shine in H. G. WELLS' INVISIBLE MAN, or at least appear, as he gets the lead villain role as Nick; in fact he gets three goes in this one: as our hero, as Nick and on voice-over duty for a pedestrian late on in the episode. First, though, to London Airport:

Passport official John Woodnutt checks Peter Brady's credentials, but not close enough, as this is Nick as Brady (Tim times two)

The customs boys are just as efficient, with John Tatum demonstrating the cheerful charm for which he is known

To gee us up, we visit a few nightspots and in the middle here, I believe the dancing delinquent is Larry Dann

The patrons of The Golden Monkey are a bit more advanced in years and they include Bill Cummings

But they have those experienced expert waiters in the shape of Emil Stemmler and Robert Rietty

A luverly bunch of cronies for Nick, including Richard Gregory, Jim Brady and Felix Felton as Aylmer. "Brady's onto us!" shouts Nick. Well, he's sitting right beside you!
    Both Richard and Jim can also be seen at the top of the episode in a Paris airport scene

Another henchman for Nick is his driver Fred Peck, who narrowly avoids a close encounter with a train

Any yet more with these fake ambulance men, the one on the left being Peter Diamond.

Liked
    182 times
    In The Ship That Died of Shame (1955), we get a partnership of Richard Attenborough and George Baker that's briefly called "Randall & Hoskins" at the start - not quite right - but I hope I'm right with some of these:

Harry Van Engel is amused by Bill Owen referring to something small which Alfie Bass has

David Langton and George Baker enjoy the gloom of the Coastal Forces Club, and George Holdcroft certainly soaks up the atmosphere

Dickie barges in to the great annoyance of doorman Jack Armstrong

There's a sing-song in the function room, Guy Standeven and Pat Halpin joining in

In this wider shot, there's a better view of Guy and to the right of the glass case, Tony Castleton I think, George Oliver only maybe and John Payne certainly. The drummer could be George Curtis (he's certainly a lousy drummer)

Piracy on the back projected high seas, and the cutthroat on the right is Tom Bowman

When the customs men have been given a job to do, John Boxer puts his cap on, Bernard Lee looks pensive and George Hilsdon in the background gets the hell of out the room

Bernie and John leave the Customs House (in Poole, I believe) and it looks like Peter Hughes behind them.

Liked
    182 times
    "The Missing Princess" is another of THE ADVENTURES OF SIR LANCELOT with missing colour, plus it's got quite a few names missing from the cast list, including:

Edward Judd, Joe Wadham, David Morrell, Cyril Smith and Jane Hylton. Mary Steele, William Russell, Reginald Hearne, John Horsley and Ronald Leigh-Hunt are luckier.

Brian the squire Robert Scroggins again loses out on a credit and Frank Maher is also in this one as a fighting soldier and later, as one of Arthur's knights. Joe Wadham gets several goes as he turns up also as a soldier and a groom.

Liked
    182 times
    Andr� Morell tries to be the "Man in Power" in H. G. WELLS' INVISIBLE MAN, wresting it first from Vivian Matalon:

Here with the help of a grim Jack Armstrong and Derek Sydney

While in Oxford, Gary Raymond gets to his feet with a big clap and I think Ken Hutchins is near the back as a fellow student

Here is the news from the Dean and this is Pat Halpin bringing it. Gary's next on Andr�'s wresting list

Gary greets an enamoured Martin Lyder

And the welcoming party of Arab leaders includes Andrew Keir, ambassador Ivan Craig and a rather impressive Charlie Price

On the balcony, Ivan again plus a not quite so impressive Billy Dean. Needless to say, "Andy Alston" is in these scenes too.

Liked
    182 times
    There's a "Masquerade" for THE BARON to solve. In fact, it's so convoluted that both Terry Nation and Dennis Spooner had to write it and it's a two-part story.

This specimen isn't the Baron - you can tell by the hair! - it's Eddie. But it's still Steve Forrest

Now, the the subject of hair, Kenneth J. Warren doesn't have much, nor does Terence Conoley, but this is Syrup Alert no. 1. Is that Richard Clarke there too? I think it is and if so, it's Syrup Alert no. 2

Another of Ken's agents is Tommy Winward, but it's all his own

As Ken and Geoffrey Palmer arrive at their hotel, I'm not sure that's Aileen Lewis on her way out. What I'm am sure is that her companion is Syrup Alert no. 3

Ken and Geoff debate the difference between a double and a twin room as George Holdcroft hands in his key.

Banned Country: UK
    Liked
    7 times
    Picture4.jpg I always assumed that the crowds in The Optimists were 'real' people but here's a picture of Guy Standeven with Peter Sellers. I found this on line but in the actual film he stands on the other side and you can’t see him to clearly, certainly not on my transferred from VHS copy. This must be a publicity photo. I've put it on this thread rather than his own thread as that is for his more substantial film roles.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    8 times
    The chap in the middle of the photo, I think is Pat Judge brother of Jerry.

Liked
    182 times
    Yes, I'd say it is Pat Judge too.

Liked
    182 times

Looking at these from THE ADVENTURES OF SIR LANCELOT and THE BARON again, I think the dark-haired chaps both could well be Terry Yorke. There are certainly stunts involved in the former.

Liked
    182 times
    It so happens that the next episode of THE ADVENTURES OF SIR LANCELOT, "The Mortaise Fair", actually gives a credit to "Terence" Yorke as a Man-at-Arms, so it's doubtless him in "Knights Choice" at least. Onto the Fair:

Martin Benson and Edward Judd ponder, but Peter Rendall (back, left) gets ready for action: he helps to put out a fire along with "not Arnold Chazen" (who gets a badly dubbed line) shortly

Martin's on translation duty for this little group, which includes Reginald Hearne, William Franklyn, Jane Hylton, Frank Maher, William Russell and Robert Scroggins. Jane and Robert get a credit this week

Joining Terry Yorke on man-at-arms duty is flaming Joe Wadham; watch out for that blurry hand, Joe!

As is Charlie Price, who also has a blurry hand all of his very own

George Roderick on the right here has a blacked-up hand. This must be a young and slim Robert Robinson on the left.

Liked
    182 times
    Quite remarkably, the next episode of H. G. WELLS' INVISIBLE MAN, "The Rocket", also has Terry Yorke in it, but this time uncredited. First of all, though, we go to a private gambling club:

Glyn Owen is getting pasted in it, Russell Waters is getting plastered and John Tatum is along for the side

John Standing is the remarkably boyish croupier

In this bunch of officials, however, John More at the back is not quite so remarkably boyish

It's the turn of semi-regular remarkably girlish Deborah Watling to get no credit on this one

Maurice Durant plays the motorcycling sergeant, but it looks like Arthur Howell is doubling for him (I briefly thought it was Frank Maher, but it is Arthur)

The Invisible One is about to consult the police and the (unspeaking) driver is Jeff Silk. Jeff later doubles on location for another actor playing a policeman who appears in a pick-up studio dialogue scene

As promised, here's Terry Yorke and also Richard Gregory as two technical boys

And to round up the ringleader, George Curtis in action.

Liked
    182 times
    Nearing the close of THE ADVENTURES OF SIR LANCELOT, we fall into the clutches of "The Thieves":

Clearly not learning his lesson about that blurry hand from the last episode, Joe Wadham is about to encounter the clutches of Jack Melford

But Jack is a friendly thief and among his band are Terry Yorke and Bill Cummings, who do get a big fight and stunt scene later on. One of the credited thieves is Sidney Head playing Wooden Leg. Is this the same one-legged actor Bob Head who appeared in such things as Captain Clegg (1962)?

The magistrate's court and unfortunately the magistrate himself is crooked Colin Tapley. His chamberlain addressing the court is Reginald Hearne and the group includes Jack Melford, Edward Judd, Ronald Leigh-Hunt and William Russell

As the prisoners are taken to the cells, kindly opening the door for them is King's man Eddie Boyce

Then the escape and the fight and checking to see who has the bigger weapon is George Leech and it looks like Frank Maher

Russ and Jack look happy/surprised and Peter Brace looks exhausted

Time for old Col to face the music, accompanied by blustering Sir Kay (David Morrell). The guards ensuring he gets there are Fred Machon and just in frame, beaky Martin Lyder.

Liked
    182 times
    H. G. WELLS' INVISIBLE MAN isn't long to be seen either, and "Shadow Bomb" is a tense penultimate episode co-written by Brian Clemens (aka Tony O'Grady):

Lovely Captain Jennifer Jayne and not quite so lovely Corporal Gerald Paris

It's not just Peter Brady who fades away: Jennifer, in what I'm sure is a non-regulation beret, meets Private Joe Beckett

Not yet John Steed, but Walter Gotell's in his togs and Anthony Bushell's doing his QUATERMASS AND THE PIT thing again. You can just see Ian Hendry in the background and the official on the left is Fred Machon

Another action shot from Private Arthur Howell as the See-Through Man drives past

And here's an anxious Ian, with Les White (identified on the commentary track by Ray Austin) the ambulance corporal on the right, just in case Ian needs him!

Liked
    182 times
    None of the rep company get a credit in the last of THE ADVENTURES OF SIR LANCELOT (but not the last to be filmed) which is called "The Prince of Limerick", who is played by the late and missed Jerome Willis. Even royalty is excluded from the cast list:

Our last sight of old King Arthur is this: what IS Sir L doing to Ronald Leigh-Hunt?

Another chamberlain role for uncredited Reginald Hearne

In the chamber, George Leech wears another fancy wig on the left as Thomas R. Duggan (Tommy Duggan) entertains William Russell

We get to see Charlie Price on his trumpet in colour now, no doubt the source of the footage in "The Ugly Duckling" when Lancelot has his daydream

Looking rather splendid is this herald played by Edward Judd. Looking rather startled is his horse

And looking rather anguished is King Anguish (sic) played by Tony Quinn with Tommy's follower Peter Brace on the right

And on the off is another of his followers, Arthur Howell.

Also on the off:

Our hero and his squire Brian with only a couple of shillelaghs between them. Fare thee well, Sir Lancelot of the Lake.

Liked
    182 times
    Also on his last gasp is H. G. WELLS' INVISIBLE MAN and he has to face "The Big Plot", another more adult and tense story from Brian Clemens, with relatively minor involvement of the title character. In France, and beret on:

A terribly dubbed Gerry Judge delivers golf clubs to Terence Cooper for Barbara Shelley. They may be cleaned, Barbara, but they're still dirty . . .

. . . and dirty is the look she's now getting from William Squire, whose henchman, who does the dirty work in the cellar, is Terry Yorke again

Out into the house goes William with his other henchman and it's exciting for Martin Lyder as he's called "Martin" and he gets to have an awkward fight with Ewan MacDuff's eyebrows. I'm wondering if that door is the same one which co-stars in most Hammer films of the time

Luckily Ewan's eyebrows are undercover here, but police inspector John Tatum looks taken aback as he gets a full frontal of them.

So into the final fadeout and disappearing for good (well, until David McCallum comes along) goes Mr./Dr./Professor Peter Brady (they could never make up their mind!).

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Tigon Man's Avatar
    Liked
    86 times
    Sadly Aveleyman has reported the death of Invisible Man regular Lisa Daniely on January 24th of this year, aged 83

RIP

Liked
    182 times
    To round off THE ADVENTURES OF SIR LANCELOT, I thought I'd go to a grander scale and ride off to watch Sword of Lancelot (1962), otherwise Lancelot and Guinevere, which concentrates on the (naughty) relationship between L&G only mildly suggested in the TV series but is lumbered with a rather crinkly star and old fashioned dialogue. Spouting some of that dialogue at King Leodogran's tournament:

David Davies heralding his Welshness

Dubbed ruffians Fred Haggerty and Arthur Howell as leftovers from the TV series

Gracious Reg Thomason as a guest at the wedding reception of Jean Wallace and Brian Aherne

Not quite so gracious Maxwell Craig fourth left at ditto. Iain Gregory is under the wing, or oxter, of Cornel Wilde

Commotion at Camelot. King Brian has the vague Joseph Tomelty on the left to advise him and the brash John Barrie on the right. And over his shoulder, it looks like the young Rocky Taylor too. Far right . . .

. . . far left here, is Jack Arrow. Merlin is Mark Dignam, Archie Duncan is a remnant from THE ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD and a slayer of otters and Cornel Wilde is a model for Grecian 2000

It's all the gossip at Camelot, even for who appears to be Wallace Bosco second right . . .

. . . does Sir L dye his hair? Pauline Chamberlain (right) spreads the rumours

And Michael Meacham and Harold Sanderson want to spread Sir L's guts over the castle forecourt. It is quite a bloody film!
    Last edited by Gerald Lovell; 07-02-14 at 10:58 PM.

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    Trog (1970) is an abysmal film, but being produced by Herman Cohen and directed by Freddie Francis, has plenty of familiar extras to help lessen the pain:

Bernard Kay's police driver certainly appears to be Jack Silk.

Both IMDb and BFI reporter 'John Dennis' is played by Brian Grellis, but that role in the actual film is certainly not him. Indeed, it's actually Tim Barrett.

Most of the extras in the Buckinghamshire countryside scenes appear to be real locals and not pros, but the film crewman getting in the van behind David Warbeck and John D. Collins is Harry Phipps...

while this horrified lady in the snap zoom appears to be Lola Morice. Everyone looks suitably horrified to be immortalized in this stinker (even worse than an episode of The Baron!)

Liked
    0 times
    Among the reporters that come to visit Trog in Joan Crawford's lab are:

Gerald Paris (I think) and Harold Coyne...

Roy Beck, John Tatum (in his brown suit) and Aidan Harrington. Crawford warmly says "Good Morning, John" as she comes out to greet the group, which I thought was rather nice.

Inside the lab, the extra at right with Rona Newton-John is Robert Clarke. Jack May's expression pretty much sums up how I feel about this movie!

In court to keep custody of our little troglodyte, and we have Reg Thomason as Gough's solicitor, along with John Adams in the front row. Further back is Movie Dude's Unknown Male 40. You could make a drinking game out of how many times Reg rolls his eyes in this scene, and get quite sozzled. Between Gough and Adams is that guy who I see all the time, but no one else notices I assume Michael is checking to see how much more of his life he owes to Herman Cohen...

Among the court spectators is an apparently sleeping George Spence (don't blame him), while the lady in the red hat is I believe Mabel Etherington.
    Last edited by Screencap72; 08-02-14 at 06:15 AM.

Liked
    0 times

A blurry Herman Cohen here gets his customary cameo, playing a publican, but the real work seems to be done by George Hilsdon.

Trog gets loose, of course, and wreak havoc on the local village and local character actors. I'm certain the gray haired constable here being briefed by Bernard Kay is John Wilder.

Aitch is also in this, seen in long shot as a security guard, and Pat Gorman as the Army lieutenant that finally kills Trog. They are listed on IMDb already, though. "Dazzler" Joe Cornelius deserves a lot of credit for playing Trog--his performance is probably the best in the film, especially saddled with such a lousy mask. At least the filmmakers were good enough to list him in the cast!