Page 150 of 293 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160200250 ... LastLast
Results 2,981 to 3,000 of 5843
    Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Screencap72 View Post

Billy Dean shows up, letting you know a fight's going to start soon. Could the bearded prisoner at center be Terry Plummer?
    Nor Terry Plummer there.

Liked
    182 times

The punch that starts the big brawl is thrown by Bindon against the guy on the left, who I am pretty sure is George Leech. Is that Aidan Harrington on the right?

And Joe Powell, too, at the other end of the camera arc.
    Not Aidan, but Peter Brace, I think, as you mention later on. Is that not George Lane Cooper as opposed to Joe Powell?

Liked
    182 times

Back to boring old Parliament, and a messenger awakens sleepy John Wilder, while Harold Coyne looks on. Is that Alan Meacham at lower right?
    Not Alan either, I believe. Sorry to be negative on your good sightings, Dave!!

Liked
    182 times
    A lousy copy, sorry, but steaming through the fog of the print of The Baby and the Battleship (1956) to join the silver fleet over at MovieDude's site:

Grub's up, though "pregnant" Gordon Jackson's not going to enjoy it, but we can see a bit of Lionel Jeffries' bald pate and on the right, Charles Rayford's (then) thin frame

One Fight in Naples: John Lynn on the receiving end of Richard Attenborough's fist (presumably empty of walnut whips)

It may be only the back of his large head, but reeling from Lisa Gastoni's fist is Jim Brady (on the left). Our horse-faced unknown pops his head up centre of frame

Left onshore, Dickie can have extra time to find sweet shops thanks to kindly Admiral D. A. Clarke-Smith and his aide Fred Machon, who finally gets a few lines to say. I think that might be Colin McKenzie in the background.

Back to the grub, and no wonder Gordon can't keep it down as they're serving up babies. Harold Siddons and John Mills complain about the menu to Lionel and Clifford Mollison, with star Martyn Garrett the babe in arms. The too many cooks include Victor Harrington and Jim Tyson.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    8 times
    Hi Gerald, that is George Lane Cooper, but it isn't Alan Meacham, keep up the good work.

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi guys,

Well I guess I was at about 75% correct, so not too bad. Don't know why I mistook George Lane Cooper, though! Nor why I can recognize Peter brace as a blur, but not when he's standing still! His Beatles brand moptop must have thrown me off...

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Dave

Roy Everson is camera left of Paul Newman & Fred Stroud at the back on the left

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks Roger-knew I had seen Roy before. And I really need to get better at spotting Fred Stroud! Sorry, Fred...

Liked
    182 times
    Despite its hackneyed title, "Time to Kill" gets off to a good start for THE BARON, as he himself has to dash off to Madrid and an encounter with a bearded but still uncredited "not Andy Alston", thus leaving the way clear for Sue Lloyd's Cordelia to carry most of the episode. Sadly for us, The B comes back late on to save the day, but on the way there:

Mucho happenings at the Hotel Presidente. Sue is a bit queasy, hopefully not because Royston Farrell is in the background

Looks like Gerald Paris has ushered Frances Baker into the lobby; she looks thinner than usual

And who's on duty at the door? Sue's obviously decides it's too dangerous to run the gauntlet of Jack Arrow

Maybe it's safer to have Alan Chuntz in the background?

Or have drinks with Geraldine Moffatt served by waiter Ray Marioni?

Frances seems to have walked out on Gerald. Maybe it's something Arthur Goodman at the back has said? Peter Bowles is in the foreground hotseat. "Peter Evans' brother" can also be seen stalking the hotel reception desk.

Liked
    182 times

The Spanish police can be relied upon to bring in a beardless George Murcell and, invariably, Ricardo Montez, to investigate

Ricardo has to make his point forcibly (oh, those Latins!), and Michael Dempsey is there to comply. David Lander is just about visible in the far background

It's all been a bit too much for Sue and Doctor Bruno Barnabe opens the window which happens to look down onto a rain-soaked Elstree Studios lot roadway

But she's soon in fast action, disposing of Senor Bowles without the help of another waiter (Hein Viljoen) and a pal

Following that, Peter obviously does not want to be seen in the company of Lola Morice, who as usual has her eye more on the camera crew.

Liked
    182 times
    Although it's not a British film, The Vikings (1958) does involve natives of this island (e.g. James Donald, Eileen Way, Jack Cardiff, Gordon K. McCallum and famously, Dandy Nichols) and I think quite a few of the stuntmen are Brits too. As the final attack is about to commence, I couldn't help noticing:

Bill Cummings centre frame, ready to batter down Frank Thring's door.

Liked
    182 times
    Back to London for Georgy Girl (1966), but first it's the turn of Charly Girl to have her night out:

Charlotte Rampling arrives back with the mods on their scooters; the one on the right I think is Aidan Harrington wearing his safety pork pie.

Onto the infamous 49th birthday party scenes. I can't remember exactly who has been spotted before primarily by cornershop, but I think Jack Arrow, Roy Beck, Lewis Alexander, Gerry Judge, Juba Kennerley, Pearl Walters and Victor Harrington at least fall into that category. "Peter Evans' brother" is there too and possibly Harold Coyne, though I couldn't see him. I did see:

The ever-present Jack Mandeville at the top of the stairs. Jack may also play a passerby in a tunnel scene later

James Mason welcomes some of his guests, including Juba and Arthur Goodman

Ian Selby giving Lynn Redgrave a sideways glance as her dad Bill Owen tears her off a strip. Gerry Judge is on the right doing the twist

Dad is not impressed by Lynn's rendition of "Whole Lotta Woman" and neither, it seems, is Hyma Beckley

When James has a proposal to put to Lynn, it's interrupted by these gatecrashers, including Pat Judge in the middle. For once he and Gerry are guests and are not on waiter duty

The contract negotiations come to an end when dad Bill arrives and getting his face in behind him is Pat Ryan.

Liked
    182 times

Lynn is chased by Alan Bates around the London streets and the middle silhouette emerging from the hotel at the back looks very like Tony Mendleson

The girl with Maxwell Craig on the right is probably called "Bridge"

Visiting time in the maternity ward with Alan last in. Second last is Terry Mountain

Flogging flowers outside the hospital looks like Jimmy Charters

Charlotte Rampling's looking pretty great, especially as she's just had a baby, and Pat Gorman thinks so too

Left at the church holding the baby are Bill Owen and Clare Kelly and the black top hat between them belongs to John More. The vicar is the saintly Guy Standeven

Mason's marriage and John Tatum is waving him off. Pauline Chamberlain has previously been sighted on waving duties too

This still from the scene gives another view of Rev. Standeven and sight of another guest, Pat Hagan.

Liked
    182 times
    Getting Hayley Mills in The Family Way (1966) was a good idea for her future husband co-producer/director Roy Boulting. Also in the cast:

Like father, like son? Maybe, maybe not . . . John Mills faces off with Hywel Bennett, while Johnny's workmate Russell Waters downs the pints

Like mother, like son? More likely. Marjorie Rhodes is about to take a load off Hywel's hands, while Jimmy Charters downs the pints

Taking down Robin Parkinson's wet particulars under the watchful eyes of P.C. Bernard Barnsley and Pauline Chamberlain; there's another one for you, cully

I think we've had this one before, but for the sake of completeness, here's Mabel Etherington taking the bus (!) with Marge and Johnny

Time for some fish & chips: Keith Marsh is frying tonight

Time for some rough & tumble: Barry Foster is fighting tonight. He plays an unpleasant so-and-so and Harold Coyne plays his mate.

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    11 times
    Thanks, Gerald! Coincidentally, I was poised to add a first credit for Pamela, Pauline's twin sister in I only Arsked when I was reminded that you had to have at least one credited appearance to be added to IMDB.

There's another challenge for us....

Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Lovell View Post

It's all change for Ian and popping his head up in the left background is John More

The annoyed diner on the left seems to be Jack Manderville

And there's more waiter service in the imposing shape of Paddy Smith

Maybe it's best to stick with the local and joining Ian and Belinda are George Coulouris and a speechless and stuntless Peter Brace

Now for that visit to Ascot. George Shock's bookie on the right is Jack Sharp

David Hutcheson as Mr. Ferris gives Belinda a tip and Pat Halpin marches past them looking lit a tit

Hello, George Hilsdon! It wouldn't be a good day at the races without old George being there. Also in these scenes besides John Payne is Jack Armstrong and also possibly:

Is that Muriel Greenslade in the pearls?
    In the final last pic, is that Pauline in a blue hat next to Ian Carmichael??

Liked
    182 times
    Re-visiting the Ascot scenes in The Big Money, cully and I'm afraid it's not Pauline:

However, the first screencap yields an additional sighting missed last time round: Jeff Silk in the silk hat screen left of Ian Carmichael

And the next scene likewise: that comb-over and big lughole on the left surely belong to George Spence.

Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Lovell View Post
    Re-visiting the Ascot scenes in The Big Money, cully and I'm afraid it's not Pauline:

However, the first screencap yields an additional sighting missed last time round: Jeff Silk in the silk hat screen left of Ian Carmichael

And the next scene likewise: that comb-over and big lughole on the left surely belong to George Spence.
    Well corrected, Gerald!

Liked
    182 times
    A big cast in Zulu (1963), but ironically few pickings:

Could the injured man on the top bunk be Rocky Taylor? His dad, Larry, certainly has a quite prominent credited role. The near-hysterical lady is the (for some reason) third billed Ulla Jacobsson, the bottom bunk occupant Harvey Hall and the balding corporal Dickie Owen (who would shortly play a mummy for Hammer and in this film, he's seen echoing Boris Karloff in 1932's The Mummy when he staggers through a doorway dragging an unravelling bandage from his foot)

And could this unfortunate spotted between a Zulu's legs be Nosher Powell?

Liked
    182 times
    "A Memory of Evil" is perhaps putting it a bit strongly as the next episode of THE BARON is not that bad, although it does serve up the old tale of hidden looted treasure and resurgence of the Nazi Party, but I did have greater hopes for it when Ann Bell asked for Captain Mannering. Sadly, no Arthur Lowe, only Steve Forrest again, but at least we also get:

Walter Henry heading out quickly. Either it's to get away from Frederick Bartman's pullover or else to rush to the shops to get one for himself

Ms. Bell looking like she's taken a grasp of something very personal belonging to, I believe, Alan Meacham

Very personal belonging of Terence Conoley, who's in the process of sitting down, is his syrup. Meanwhile, the Barren smokes on BEA and leopard conservation conscious Sue Lloyd keeps a tight grip of her handbag. In fact, she's got a hold of it in every scene in which she appears

"The New Front" stash their goodies in an Austrian hillside with remarkably smooth floors and polystyrene rocks. Their bobble hats are all very precious to them: Alan Chuntz, Danvers Walker and, appropriately, Terry Mountain, who at least gets the character name of Gruber

Lying doggo (probably the Brylcreem he's got on has stuck him to that smooth floor, bobble hat having gone AWOL) is crafty Terry Yorke.