Page 160 of 293 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170210260 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,200 of 5843
    Banned Country: UK
    Liked
    7 times
    I forgot to mention in my Rocky Horror post how sarcastic Richard O'Brien is in the commentary with regards the extras in the scene they appear in. He shares the commentary with Patricia Quinn and she defends them saying she once did extra work and knew some of them. O'Brien says that they would come up to him with autograph book with photos in showing all the people they had worked with. He's very condescending. This doesn't sound very likely does it?

Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonefan View Post
    I forgot to mention in my Rocky Horror post how sarcastic Richard O'Brien is in the commentary with regards the extras in the scene they appear in. He shares the commentary with Patricia Quinn and she defends them saying she once did extra work and knew some of them. O'Brien says that they would come up to him with autograph book with photos in showing all the people they had worked with. He's very condescending. This doesn't sound very likely does it?
    It doesn't. The more experienced extras would never dream of doing that and considering they include on the film such veterans as Victor Harrington, the Lewises, Juba Kennerley, etc. as you identified, I think O'Brien is making it up. He was an extra himself (Carry On Cowboy when he was Richard Smith comes to mind), so he should know better.

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    For what it's worth, O'Brien always sounds condescending to me, whether he really is or if it's masking bitterness for always being asked about Rocky Horror, who can say. I've never not heard him sounding that way.

Liked
    7 times
    Yeah, it struck me as a load of baloney. Of course I never knew Juba Kennerly but he hardly looks like the kind of chap who would go running up to the actors boasting about what films he'd been in. Besides the fact that no one in the film were famous at the time apart from Charles Gray who isn't in the scene.

Liked
    182 times
    Personally, I would have rather had autographs from those extras than from Richard O'Brien!

Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    0 times
    Brief Encounter-Station Cafe.jpgHere is another of Fred in the Railway Cafe from Brief Encounter

Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Lovell View Post
    Personally, I would have rather had autographs from those extras than from Richard O'Brien!
    Me too! (And get Juba to sign my copy of his Terror of the Leopard Men).

Liked
    182 times
    Another one Dave's already done a great job on is The MacKintosh Man (1973) and here's a few additions:

Back in the House of Commons, the Speaker's voice is supplied by David De Keyser and there's Jack Arrow on the right

Then Charles Adey-Grey just below James Mason's elbow

More M.P.s and on the left front row of the government benches, it looks like Philip Stewart and Arthur Goodman. Very few lady M.P.s of course, though good casting by having Aileen Lewis there as one of them

When Mason gets the famous note "Sit down, you fool, your flies are open", I think it's Jack Dearlove in front of him

From M.P.s to convicted criminals now - no change there really - John Cannon is to the right of Paul Noomin

Taking a fag in jail might mean something different nowadays, but here Paul accepts a smoke from John Bindon and there's grey-haired Vic Chapman in the middle

And finally James Muir serving his time on the right.

Liked
    182 times
    No road haulage friction in The Brothers (1947), but plenty of inter-family friction, not to mention sexual assaults too. At this dram-drinking gathering of the clans on Skye:

Maxwell Reed squares up to Andrew Crawford, with Will Fyffe (who unjustifiably gets second billing after Patricia Roc) acting as ref. Beside him looks like Charles Rolfe. In the studio scenes, Max's hair is dark, but it's much lighter for the location work and that can't all be put down to lighting

Two great Scottish character actors continue the whisky consuming: John Laurie as Alasdair Macdonald and Duncan Macrae as John of that ilk. John L is credited for his larger role as Dugald Macleod with the second sight, but not for this second sight of him where he's made up to look older and plays Meg Jenkins' faither.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times

The man in the foreground in glasses is Ned Hood

Liked
    182 times
    Thanks, Roger. Another one who never looked young! He appears rather older in that one.

Looking younger though in Miranda (1948):

Gerry Judge on the right, sampling some of Maurice Denham's cockles before Glynis Johns gobbles them all up. Margaret Rutherford, Charles Rolfe, Thelma Rae and Charles Paton are also floating about in this scene.

Liked
    182 times
    Room To Let (1950) purports to solve the mystery of the identity of Jack the Ripper, but then poses another one for us:

Near the end of the film, we get to see Aubrey Dexter's butler Walters, who gets an on-screen credit as F. A. Williams, just when we thought his name was Frederick Kelsey.

Getting the benefit of Phil Leakey's old age make-up are Jimmy Hanley and Constance Smith.

Liked
    182 times
    In the wake of a series of disasters perpetrated by gormless Kenneth Connor, I do hope there's not Nearly a Nasty Accident in bringing the following to light from the 1960 film:

You'd think his dishing out tea to Walter Henry and Frank Raymond wouldn't result in any mishaps

But as Lady Joyce Carey, Captain Reg Thomason and I think Air Marshal Ned Hood are about to find out at a missile launching, you'd be wrong

Ken's C.O. Jimmy Edwards nervously takes him on a train journey and Jack Armstrong seems to be listening out for trouble

Station Master Bartlett Mullins on the left doesn't know what is about to befall this London-bound chuffer

These inter-city card players are about to experience Ken's meddling with the heating system. Harry Phipps on the left has already doffed his customary titfer

And befuddled copper John Tatum has no idea how this car managed to drive itself onto the verge as there was nearly a nasty accident.
    Last edited by Gerald Lovell; 15-06-14 at 12:53 PM.

Liked
    182 times
    I think there's been a previous misidentification of Ned Hood, including in Nearly a Nasty Accident above. Following upon Aged AD's naming him in The MacKintosh Man, here is Ned two years earlier than that in DOCTOR WHO "The Mind of Evil" Episode One:

Raymond Westwell on the left and Simon Lack in the middle. I'm not sure of the identity of the po-faced gent sitting next to Ned, who has smaller ears than our "original" Ned.

Liked
    182 times
    "Long Ago and Far Away" I fear there was yet another episode of THE BARON. There's a larger cast than usual in this one, including:

Martin Lyder, whose character gets a name (Jos�), but no lines and he doesn't even make it to the opening titles

Someone who does, sadly, is Steve Forrest who consults LA airline hostess Janna Hill (the voice of Symphony Angel in CAPTAIN SCARLET AND THE MYSTERONS, no less) and other consulters are John Cam (possibly) and Arthur Goodman

When John goes, he's replaced by Alan Meacham

Still in his porkpie hat, the Barren has a close encounter with Frances Baker at a "South American Airport". Frances later is on backlot duty as an onlooker when a car is driven deliberately at Steve (I had nothing to do with it)

Michael Dempsey is at this airport too, as is John Cam in a different costume and Arthur Goodman again

A "South American Bar" wittily called the El Hambra has among its patrons one chap who's doing his Oscar Homolka in a bad wig impression and Jim Bolton. Joe the waiter is also present, not waiting but gambling

And doing his best to give an impression he knows all about donkeys is Harry Phipps

There are lots of soldiers in the jungle. Under the direction of Jonathan Elsom, whose nose gives Reg Thomason's a run for its money, is Alan Chuntz on the right

And there's literally an explosive fight with The B for this corporal, Bob Simmons.

Liked
    0 times
    Given the possible misidentification of Ned Hood, then could this be him on the left in The Yellow Rolls-Royce? Or am I more confused than usual?

Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    0 times
    Looking for Fred Wood in Jazboat I found 1 possible for Fred ? but I think a positive for your extra called Dido Plumb

Please see below

jassboat.jpgjazzboat-1.jpg

Liked
    7 times
    I didn't exactly have a Smashing Time watching this film but it was fun enough. Extra's wise, there are lots of our favourites although I'm sure I've missed a few. First we have a great shot of Jimmy Carters in a cafe.
    Picture1.jpg
    Then, in a ludicrous scene at the Jaberwock Art Gallery we see Walter Henry
    Picture2.jpg
    Behind Rita Tushingham, the Lewis's. Aillen gets covered in ink later on and then appears bone dry seconds later.
    Picture3.jpg
    Then a good shot of Juba Kennerly and Hyma Beckley in the background.
    Picture4.jpg
    Unknown Female 15 is next.
    Picture5.jpg
    P Stewart ( can't remember his name) and is that Unknown Male 4?
    Picture6.jpg
    Maxwell Craig
    Picture7.jpg

Liked
    7 times
    Anthony Lang is next enjoying a wine.
    Picture8.jpg
    Then we have Lola Morrice, Not Andy Alston and George Holdcraft. Another chap here looks like George too.
    Picture9.jpg
    In a nightclub is Jack Arrow
    Picture10.jpg
    On a street listening to Cardew Robinson is Gertrude Kaye. Who are the others?
    Picture11.jpg
    Later on during a musical montage we see Murial Greenslade and Unknown Female 1
    Picture12.jpg
    Pat Halpin?
    Picture13.jpg
    Last edited by Stonefan; 16-06-14 at 01:12 PM.

Liked
    182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wood-TIMBER-Wood View Post
    Looking for Fred Wood in Jazboat I found 1 possible for Fred ? but I think a positive for your extra called Dido Plumb

Please see below

jassboat.jpgjazzboat-1.jpg
    Yes, that's old Dido!