Page 162 of 293 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172212262 ... LastLast
Results 3,221 to 3,240 of 5843
    Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Lovell View Post

Anyway, Les does graduate and among the familiar but anxious pet owners in his first waiting room are Charles Rayford and Sydney Arnold in his beret
    That's Unknown Male 10 second from left; could that possibly be George Roubicek third from left?

Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    I don't think it's George, Dave. Full on, the nose looks too thick for him:

Liked
    182 times
    In Ray Milland's Hostile Witness (1968), there are quite a few folk we can witness, generally not hostile though, and helped by director Milland using deep focus shots throughout so we can see everyone pretty clearly in the almost cartoon-coloured courtroom:

On this first jury (blimey, there's actually a woman on it), Guy Standeven and Fred Machon are among the uneasy decision-makers and Edward Waddy is the miserable-looking court usher

The gawkers include Juba Kennerley and Gerald Paris and the wig-wearers include Pat Judge at the back left, Sylvia Syms and on the front bench, Raymond Huntley, Ray himself and Reg Thomason. Good old Reg gets many scenes and quite a few medium close-ups in this one

In the corridors of the court, Ray is joined by his daughter Sandra Fehr as well as solicitor Smithson (John Horsley) and the other Ray and behind John, cleverly disguised in wig and specs, but I believe it's Fred Peck

Our hero looks a bit aghast when he's summoned to Mr. Justice Felix Aylmer's chambers by Joe Ritchie

Soon Ray's accused of wearing an outrageous syrup, and no wonder he has to be hemmed in the dock by P.C.s Lou Morgan and George Curtis. I'd say Ray is guilty as charged

New wigs at this point (but they are supposed to be wearing them) belong to Harold Coyne and Roy Lansford above him. As a junior, Sylvia should not be standing where she is, but doubtless she enjoys Reg's company. We get Harold's company a bit earlier too, as he also plays a man sitting in the corridor along with Gerald Paris during the John Horsley scene

More wigs include those on Jack Armstrong and Peter Evans. Colin McKenzie has his own hair.
    Peter's "brother" is in all the court scenes as the shorthand writer and gets some hilarious acting to do late on in the film when he has to scramble to safety when something untoward occurs

The back in the previous screencap we can now see belongs to Roy Beck, who gets some action later on too. It's Dr. Ronald Leigh-Hunt on the left who's heading for the witness box to replace Superintendent Richard Hurndall. The Clerk of Court is Ballard Berkeley, who it's odd to see not playing a befuddled major when Geoffrey Lumsden is. On the jury this time are Alan Gibbs, front row left and Bernard Barnsley, same row, second from right

Our final shot of flabby Ray's rug is improved by the arrival of P.C. John Wilder (called "John" by the other bobby on the left) and he gets some exciting action acting to do later as well.

IMDb includes Harry Fielder in its list as "Sailor at Docks". Although there is a dock in the courtroom, there are no docks scenes in the film, which is almost entirely filmed within houses, offices and the courtroom on Shepperton soundstages. The role is mentioned in your book, Aitch, so maybe your scenes were cut?

Liked
    0 times
    Now I see him from a different angle, definitely not him. Identifying folks is not my angle this week!

Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks I has 2nd thoughts myself what are your thoughts on this on below from the same film (as Fred is supposed to be somewhere ?)

Huggetts1.jpg

Liked
    182 times
    Sorry, I don't think that's Fred either.

Liked
    182 times
    Back in 1939, Robert Newton finds out that Dead Men Are Dangerous and we find out that Uncredited Men (and Women) Are Detected:

In Winifred Oughton's boarding house, poor Bobby discovers he's got to share with Anita Sharp-Bolster and (I think) Minnie Rayner

In this publishing house, we discover Ballard Berkeley nearly 30 years younger than in his last film on this thread

And in the police station, inspector Charles Mortimer discovers he's obliged to lend a truncheon or two to help perennial detective John Turnbull.

Apart from Minnie, Johnny and Charlie, another 1930s Sherlock Holmes performer, Doctor Watson himself, Ian Fleming, is shown on the IMDb list, but I didn't spot him. Googie Withers is on the list too, but again, there's no sign of her.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    vlcsnap-2014-06-20-17h58m41s228_zpsc343ad03.jpg

Some additional identifications

Liked
    182 times
    Marvellous stuff, Roger. Thank you very much!

Senior Member Country: England harryfielder's Avatar
    Liked
    51 times
    More wigs include those on Jack Armstrong and Peter Evans. Colin McKenzie has his own hair.

Third man.....Mike Hunt......Did extra work.....

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Tigon Man's Avatar
    Liked
    86 times
    Some familiar faces in Licensed To Kill (1965).

It's another movie, another party for Victor Harrington, who is joined by Walter Henry. John Tatum is a Policeman with a message for top spook John Arnatt. Lewis Alexander goes Russian.

Victor Harrington Licensed To Kill.JPG

Walter Henry Licensed To Kill.JPG

John Tatum Licensed to Kill.JPG

Lewis Alexander - Licensed To Kill.JPG
    Last edited by Tigon Man; 21-06-14 at 07:10 PM.

Liked
    182 times
    There's certainly Nothing Barred in the film of that title from 1961 as it yields some interesting information of various kinds. There is a long cast list at the end which reveals one of our unknowns, a recent In the Doghouse waiting room sighting, is Ted Bushell, Paddy Hayes or Johnny Rossi and it's the source of the ID for Fred(erick) Kelsey, who plays a bishop who gets arrested along with Wallace Bosco(e) and they both get to say several humorous lines to boot. Information of the uncredited kind:

Brian Rix hits the local Wormwood Scrubs caf�, where the waitress is Loraine Clewell and the flat cap chap, noting down his hours on the film, is Charles Rayford. Charlie gets more hours as he reappears later in the same outfit as "man in street" and he gets a couple of lines too

Something untoward in the bathroom upsets Naunton Wayne's dinner guests who include Ann Firbank, Jack Watling, Muriel Greenslade and Charles Cameron. Faithful old retainer Charles Heslop can just be glimpsed in the background

Into the prison chapel we go and Brian has to explain his plumbing to governor Arnold Bell and warder John Slater. And why Harry Phipps usually wore a hat can be explained by his hairstyle in the background

Loads of the usual convicts in this slammer, including George Spence, the Old Codger and Ted (broken) Carroll. They sing in Rex Harrison style in this sequence, but it sounds like they're all dubbed. Just out of shot is tall con Robin Burns, who we'll see again later

Yes, well, we couldn't expect to be in prison without Jim Brady pitching up. I know many extras had their own police uniforms - and we'll see some of them soon - but I wonder if the likes of George, Ted, Robin and Jim had their own prison uniforms, as they certainly seemed to wear them a lot

Another frequent lag between Messrs. Bell and Slater here is Cyril Kent

Slater and Rix get everywhere, but here's a chance for Vic Chapman to get a word in . . . and he does (undubbed too).

Liked
    182 times
    Right, free now and, oh dear, into the Lambeth Ladies Health Club shower room:

It looks like Grace Arnold is going to give Lord Rix an eyeful

As revenge, steamed-up Amelia Bayntun gives him a massage he won't forget in a hurry

Bernard Cribbins extols the virtues of a nihilistic society, but this little lot are not impressed. As well as Minnie Caldwell, there a quite a few known but unknown here including Joe the Waiter along with Gerry Judge, Jim Brady (presumably on day release ) and Toby Perkins in the bowler

The hymn-singing Convict Choir distract the crowd, except for Jim who hopes he won't be recognised by them I suspect, but now we can see a cheerful Robin Burns, also on day release (??) on the left

The rozzers are down on the water board and scrapping nicely here is John Tatum, not a flicker of a smile on his face. An alternative title for the film is The Night We Sprung a Leak, so presumably John is not pleased about being leaked upon

But these ones are somewhat more amused as they nab Leo Franklyn and his trouserless (naturally) lordship; Arthur Howell behind, John Wilder on the right

We've still got a wedding to attend. Some of the guests are here: John More, Charles Heslop, Muriel Greenslade, Naunton Wayne, Juba Kennerley and a tearful Vera Pearce, who spends the rest of the film in a bath. Just behind Juba and partly obscured by him, the guest in the glasses I think is Pat Hagan

The prison governor and his six warders who include John Adams and Ned Lynch as well as the inevitable John Slater

And to complete the set, Aileen Lewis looks suitably ill at ease when our semi-identified convict pushes past her as the tender mercies of the Black Maria await.

Liked
    0 times
    European Vacation (1984) is a terrible movie full of stupid stereotypes, both of Europeans and Americans. Since part of it was filmed in England, it does have one moment of interest, when Beverly D'Angelo dreams of meeting the Royal family (or at least their stunt doubles):

Also meeting the ersatz-Royals are Reg Thomason (wisely getting out of frame as quickly as possible)

and Peter Roy.

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    I was looking for Gina Gianelli's appearance in The Deadly Bees earlier, hoping to identify her in one of the Carry On films, and chanced upon this recent post after my Google Image search:

Quote Originally Posted by Screencap72 View Post

Granddad's new girlfriend on the train. Could it possibly be Gina Gianelli, seen here as a secretary in the magnificent Deadly Bees?

Quote Originally Posted by cully View Post
    Gina Gianelli looks very like the 60s actress/model Caron Gardner, IMHO.
    I'm sure that is Caron Gardner, cully. It would seem she's been mistakenly credited as Gina Gianelli.

Gina is probably the brunette who appears briefly in the scene where Suzanna Leigh sings her (deliberately?) awful song:

Hopefully, all these images are of the same woman - Gina Gianelli:

The Deadly Bees; Harem Girl (Unnamed Extra 29) in Follow That Camel; Daily Mirror, 11th March 1967

More Harem Girl identifications at 'Movie Dude's Most Wanted' in a moment. If I'm too tired to finish the post tonight, however, or too busy over the rest of the weekend, Unnamed Extra 23 is actually Gina Warwick (again). And I think No. 31 is Zorenah Osborne and 34 Karen Young.

Liked
    0 times
    Thanks cornershop--that was my mistake in misinterpreting some information about Ms. Gianelli, combined with the wrong ID in The Deadly Bees. That is indeed Caron Gardner, who I know and should have recognized. And thanks cully for pointing this out, even though I didn't pick up on it until now.

I think Ms. Leigh's song was meant to be a parody...at least I fervently hope it was!

Back to school for me...

Liked
    182 times
    Josephine and Men (1955) aka Glynis Johns and her male friends:

Here she is with one of them, Donald Sinden, and another man way at the back is Jack Armstrong. Lola Morice may also be in this scene as another of the diners

While these men are Harold Goodwin, William Hartnell and the back of Gerald Sim. Poor old Harold is dubbed for some reason.

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Screencap72 View Post
    Thanks cornershop--that was my mistake in misinterpreting some information about Ms. Gianelli, combined with the wrong ID in The Deadly Bees. That is indeed Caron Gardner, who I know and should have recognized. And thanks cully for pointing this out, even though I didn't pick up on it until now.

I think Ms. Leigh's song was meant to be a parody...at least I fervently hope it was!

Back to school for me...
    Glad I wasn't just imagining it !

Liked
    182 times
    We should be entirely sympathetic to The Extra Day (1956), as it's about the lives and loves (and availability tomorrow morning at 8 please) of extras and I've no doubt it's entirely true to life. Whatever, director William Fairchild, who also wrote this opus, is sympathetic to giving quite a few of our regulars lines and close-ups, i.e. extras who are extras in the film, as opposed to actors who are performing as extras in the film, er, yes. Anyway:

At the unnamed film studio (it was made at Shepperton), assistant director Richard Basehart has to pander to explosive director Laurence Naismith whose yes-men include Robert Gregory and Bryan Forbes who is consulting the script to see if he can improve on it. I have little doubt he could

Larry of course uses a swagger stick to poke Admiral Basehart and there's George Curtis marching between them

At London Airport, there's a phalanx of paparazzi which includes John Payne and Pat Ryan

And we can see the grinning one down on the right is Colin McKenzie. IMDb believes the one top right is Ronnie Stevens and although there is a resemblance, when he walks away, it doesn't look like him. The lady in red attracting all the attention is Simone Simon and her maid is Elizabeth Wright

As Simone gets on the blower, enquiries are made in the background by Muriel Greenslade and a uniformed John Wilder marches into view just before Pat Ryan nabs him.

Liked
    182 times
    We switch to the episode concerning Sid James and his return to boxing, much to the chagrin of his missus, Joan Hickson, the delight of his son David Hannaford and the inroads into Richard Basehart's wallet. A big crowd call for these sequences:

In this shot, we can see Eden Fox, Jimmy Charters (who later gets a big close-up and a line of dialogue), Joan Hickson and John Lynn among other familiar faces. The John Lynn lookalike is also in the crowd

The extras tend to shoot all over the place in these scenes; here we have Robin Burns welcoming Sid's opponent and future Carry On colleague Tom Clegg, Ted (broken) Carroll and also, on the right, John Lynn is back in different clothes

Then John Lynn again, this time with George Spence and another gurner. Indeed, there's a super close-up of an epic unknown gurner with no teeth later on. George can be spotted elsewhere in the crowd wearing a flat cap

At least Aidan Harrington has a normal expression near top left here and we can just see in the centre . . .

. . . it's Jack Armstrong sitting next to Not Andy Alston. Philip Stewart is in the front row left, Charles Rayford front row right and poor old Sid is on the mat

Meanwhile, Jess Conrad is momentarily distracted by the boxing

I was getting worried there was a boxing match, but no Ernie Rice, but at last here he is; I never really expected to see him with Richard B. The Roddy McMillan lookalike is just above Richard's head

A dramatic turn of events back at the studio brings Harry Van Engel into shot in the background, pretending to be the boom operator (who on the film was actually Peter Dukelow)

And in the final shot of the film, it's Punch and Judy aka almost-identified Ted/Paddy/Johnny and Jim Brady.

An extra down as extra on IMDb is Glenda Jackson who, if she's in it, is probably in the Dennis Lotis fan club scenes (chairperson: Beryl Reid; vice-chair: Shani Wallis, poor things).