Page 168 of 293 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178218268 ... LastLast
Results 3,341 to 3,360 of 5843
    Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    King's Rhapsody (1955) is not exactly rhapsody to anyone's ears, but to the eyes, these sightings may not be kingly, but they are uncredited:

A dubbed Gordon Phillott plays Carlo (!), directed by Prince Errol Flynn to get champagne for the orchestra. Errol's probably wondering if he can have a few bottles for himself. Anna Neagle's wondering why she agreed to get involved in this farrago

Anna looks anxious, Errol looks fed up and Ewan Roberts looks amazed his false beard is staying on

Errol and Patrice Wymore had already gone through a wedding ceremony together, but they don't look particularly pleased about doing it again. Peter Rendall is on duty this time, but it doesn't seem to impress them

The happy crowd includes Eden Fox and Alfie Bass

The unhappy crowd includes Charles Rayford and Paddy Ryan

A night at the ballet and Errol's joined by Patrick Allen, but Tony Mendleson on the right has had enough

Paul Beradi observes a right royal mix-up in the next box where Baron Armand Hertzog (Ralph Michael) finds himself in a strange matrimonial situation

Then we observe a right royal do when King John (Brian Franklin) is crowned and assisting in this situation is Wallace Bosco, to the left of the archbish.

Liked
    182 times
    Supporting The Gentle Sex in 1943:

Hyma Beckley bang in the middle of this railway station scene with a gawping Lilli Palmer

Helping them aboard bang in the middle here is porter Jack May

Putting up with the moans of customer Frank Atkinson is roadside restaurant proprietress Grace Arnold

And the sergeant bang in the middle here putting up with the moans of Captain Harry Welchman may be Clifford Buckton.

Liked
    182 times
    I wouldn't say don't bother to watch Don't Bother to Knock (1961) even though it's lightweight stuff, Frederic Raphael's "additional dialogue" notwithstanding, but you'd miss a comedy role for Richard Todd (his company made the film) and the outstanding points of a young Elke Sommer, and also:

Kenneth Fortescue tries to chat up June Thorburn in the local Italian, but Richard Todd's soon about to quash that. Pouring the squash in the background looks like barman Jack Dearlove. Jack appears later (as many of the extras do in this film) when he's in a Munich club scene. Also in this restaurant scene are Tony Mendleson, Lola Morice and Harold Coyne

Events cause Toddy to book into an Edinburgh hotel, where he's hounded by receptionist Fulton Mackay and waiter Austin Cooper

A literal key character is this film is Judith Anderson who's about to pounce on our hero, while porter George Curtis quickly strides off before anyone recognises him in that costume

Fellow guests include Walter Henry and Pat Halpin, both of who turn up later and the dark-haired one third from the right appears to be Aidan Harrington, though the film's not on his list

Off to Edinburgh Airport, which would have been called Turnhouse at that time, and Colin Gordon's there to see Mr. Todd off. Also there is Aileen Lewis and I bet she could see anybody off. Jack Armstrong is also in this scene

Natty airline bag for Richard and natty airline official in John Wilder

Arthur Howell gets a quick look at the camera as Colin looks very happy despite there being no telephone in sight

Back in town, June is going to discover a missing Dickie. Bert Sims in the doorway is bewildered as this looks nothing like Princes Street.

Liked
    182 times
    We're now in Munich at a smoky and lederhosen-clad club:

"I don't fancy yours" whispers Ronald Fraser to Richard Todd as the Dowager Duo (Mabel Etherington and Muriel Greenslade) pretend to play hard to get

The manager is Frederick Schiller who will hopefully keep things decorous

Though I'm not sure after that dance. Walter Henry is back, sensibly at the bar, accompanied by Jack Dearlove

Richard understandably abandons Ronald's plan and has a dance with Nicole Maurey instead. Also having a jig is Robert Gregory on the left and Harold Coyne again on the right

As we swing round, Peter Evans hoves into view and Arthur Goodman is just peeping in on the right

Sitting this one out on the right is Otto Friese. Looking at his companions, I don't blame him

Repairing to the hotel hopefully for some romantic encounter, Richard only finds a snoring Jack Sharp in room 40.

Liked
    182 times
    We travel to Venice for a quick repast beside the canals:

We will be well served as the waiters are Emil Stemmler, Andrew Andreas and Julian Sherrier (the only one who gets lines). Both Emil and Andrew reappear later, Emil as a reception waiter back in Edinburgh and Andrew as a patron of a Spanish bar

But it's Austria first and if you can tear your eyes away from the stunning Ronald Fraser, you'll see Tony Mendleson is back on the right

Why Pat Halpin and Michael Shepley are tearing their eyes away from Elke Sommer, goodness only knows. Maybe they want to avoid looking at Joan Sterndale-Bennett

That Spanish scene now, with Pirmin Trecu and Sara Luzita as the flamenco dancers and Paul Beradi and Lola Morice among the onlookers. Paul returns later as an Edinburgh art gallery visitor

As Richard tears himself away from the bar, there's a glimpse of Roy Lansford left background.

Liked
    182 times
    Finally, we return to Auld Reekie for:

Nicole and Richard at a posh gallery reception. Pat Judge is on hand with the drinks and Harry Van Engel seems to be floating around in this sequence as well; too many drinks of Pat's, Harry?

Rik Battaglia plays the cello in an abstract piece for the Edinburgh Festival and among the packed audience tonight are Ian Selby, Frederick Kelsey, Jack Armstrong and an enthusiastic Elke. The score for the film is an atypically tuneful one by Elisabeth Lutyens, but she comes into her own for this concert which is very reminiscent of her usual music

Harry Van Engel is back at this reception, though back in the background

Richard, Judith and June encounter Mr. Nairn, played by Charles Houston, who looks like he's eaten one of his out of date oatcakes

Still managing to flutter into sight from behind a pillar is good old Hyma Beckley. Do bother to tiptoe, Hyma.

Liked
    182 times
    We meet The Constant Husband (1954), and we'll see there is someone fairly constant throughout this film and it isn't Rex Harrison:

Kay Kendall is photographing children (I hope that's allowed), assisted by Jack May. The children apparently include Rodney Goodall and the models are Pat Kenyon and Doreen Dawn. Noel Hood is also there, hidden behind one of the lights

Rex arrives at his old club and among the familiar but unknown faces there, I think the chap in the middle of the group of three could be Charles Clay. The one on the left isn't George Holdcroft

Others include Harold Sanderson and Jack Armstrong

Wallace Bosco, Robert Coote and the former Ned Hood (Movie Dude's Unknown Male 14)

Jeff Silk just manages to get a look in over Rex's shoulder

A fracas with the tapas (OK, it's really an Italian restaurant), Ernie Rice seated in the no-pipe smoking area

Eric Pohlmann is agitated with Rex and it appears to be Billy Cornelius in the background who might be looking to get involved.

Liked
    182 times

Rex enlists the aid of Professor Cecil Parker and striding through the Palace Hotel lobby is Eden Fox, for once not a member of the hotel staff

When the law catches up with Rex, we can usually depend on George Curtis to uphold it, or at least hold open the door

There's a lot of interest in the Harrison Case when it reaches the Old Bailey, especially by the ladies who include Lola Morice, winged hat in the back row. At the front, the gents include Martin Lyder. Elsewhere in the courtroom, Wallace Bosco is back

Margaret Leighton is counsel for the defence and in front of her, it looks like George Hilsdon is seeking his own counsel

Onto that constant figure in this film: Victor Harrington, here on the jury with Jim Tyson beside him. Victor appears at least twice earlier than this, firstly as a guest at one of Rex's many, many weddings and secondly as a press photographer outside the Old Bailey. Watching the film, it occurred to me that Victor could easily have been Rex Harrison's stand-in or even double, especially as Rex is wearing a Harrington hairpiece. Seconds later, up popped Victor in the first of his appearances in the film.

Talking of stand-ins or doubles, a curiosity: Michael Hordern plays the befuddled judge in the film, but as Arthur Howard, with Unknown Male 10 beside him, lists the charges, we get our first glimpse of the judge:

Surely it's George Spence at this point??

Senior Member Country: England phil's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times
    Do you think that is Billy Cornelius Gerald? It's 8 years before his first IMDB credit. Is it perhaps his fellow Oddbod Tom Clegg.

Liked
    182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by phil View Post
    Do you think that is Billy Cornelius Gerald? It's 8 years before his first IMDB credit. Is it perhaps his fellow Oddbod Tom Clegg.
    You're right, phil, it probably is Tom Clegg. I am getting Dr. Watt's creations jumbled up and am clearly not frying tonight!

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Tigon Man's Avatar
    Liked
    86 times
    That's an interesting point about Victor being something of a Rex Harrison clone Gerald. Minus one would hope Sexy Rexy's syrup and glass eye..
    I wonder if Scott Palmer knows if Victor was a regular stand in for someone?

Senior Member Country: England phil's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Lovell View Post
    You're right, phil, it probably is Tom Clegg. I am getting Dr. Watt's creations jumbled up and am clearly not frying tonight!
    OK, We won't batter you for it Gerald. Carry on Spotting!

Liked
    182 times
    There's a right carry on when DEPARTMENT S gets a whiff of "Les Fleurs du Mal". Waiting to get onto a coach at the airport in Rome:

Alex Scott and his unnamed brother are joined right at the back by Arthur Goodman. Arthur's kept busy as he later plays an Italian waiter

Then off to Paris for an evening charity trip down the Seine so Joel Fabiani can meet Dennis Alaba Peters for this episode's briefing. Is that John Doye at the back enjoying the wine?

The wine's so good, Joel swipes a glass from jolly gar�on Martin Lyder

And it's only his back, but I'm pretty certain it belongs to Jack Armstrong

Our third waiter is the ever-reliable Eden Fox, proving to us that it must be Paris as the French bread has hygienically arrived

Up the Tower, Eiffel that is, and Mike Stevens and Joel give each other the wink du mal

On the Parisian backlot, Peter Wyngarde tries to track down Donal Donnelly and so misses Walter Henry and his beret behind him. Shortly after, Donal rushes out of a building and doesn't miss Walter as he bumps into him, but by then Walter's beret has gone

Now here's Peter Wyngarde keeping a careful watch on . . . no, wait a moment, it's his totally convincing double Alan Meacham parked outside Elstree studios. Even more convincing is when we cut to a medium shot of the real Peter in the car and he's suddenly sitting in the driver's seat. Continuit� du mal?

Liked
    182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigon Man View Post
    That's an interesting point about Victor being something of a Rex Harrison clone Gerald. Minus one would hope Sexy Rexy's syrup and glass eye..
    I wonder if Scott Palmer knows if Victor was a regular stand in for someone?
    I spoke to Scott about this last night and he's going to try and look into that (no glass eye involved).

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times

Gerald

I may be wrong but the man in this still behind Peter Wyngarde is in fact EDEN FOX and the person identified on many posts as Eden Fox is in fact PAUL PHILLIPS we often cast both of then as waiters. I need someone else to verify this. Remember Ron Gregory/Tommy Winward

Liked
    182 times
    Interesting, thanks, Roger. I think it was Harry Fielder who may have first identified Eden Fox from a picture similar to this one from DOCTOR WHO "The Time Warrior" and he did say Eden Fox was often with a friend whose name he couldn't recall, so maybe that's Paul Phillips:

Here I see both gentlemen; so, is Paul Phillips the one with the headphones on nearest to us and Eden Fox in pyjamas next to him? I think George Ballantine is next along and the other two are Roger Marston and David Enyon, though I don't know which way round. Donald Pelmear is hidden at the back and the alien is Kevin Lindsay.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Yes Gerald - Paul Phillips on the Left - Eden Fox in the pyjamas. I need someone else to verify this but I think I'm right

Liked
    182 times
    Aitch must be right about Paul and Eden coming as a pair because looking at their (all uncredited) DOCTOR WHO appearances, they are generally both in the same episodes! However there is an existing solo Paul Phillips appearance in "The Daleks' Master Plan" in 1966:

That's him as an Egyptian slave on the right, and will also tie in with another sighting I had of him in "The Claws of Axos" in 1971 where he plays a laboratory assistant, so I think your thoughts about his identity are correct, Roger.

Incidentally, the gentlemen looking embarrassed in their nappies in the screencap are Jeffrey Isaac and Derek Ware and the slave at the back of the threesome is Anthony Lang.
    Last edited by Gerald Lovell; 25-07-14 at 10:42 PM.

Senior Member Country: England harryfielder's Avatar
    Liked
    51 times
    Gerald

I may be wrong but the man in this still behind Peter Wyngarde is in fact EDEN FOX and the person identified on many posts as Eden Fox is in fact PAUL PHILLIPS we often cast both of then as waiters. I need someone else to verify this. Remember Ron Gregory/Tommy Winward

Blond man left...Denis Plenty...

Senior Member Country: England harryfielder's Avatar
    Liked
    51 times
    Fun Times...Doctor Who (TV Series)
    Guard / Wheel Crewmember / Central European Guard / ...
    - Castrovalva: Part One (1982) ... Security Guard (uncredited)
    - Meglos: Part One (1980) ... Tigellan (uncredited)
    - The Armageddon Factor: Part Two (1979) ... Guard
    - The Ribos Operation: Part Three (1978) ... Levithian Guard (uncredited)
    - The Invisible Enemy: Part One (1977) ... Titan Base Crewman (uncredited)
    - The Face of Evil: Part One (1977) ... Second Assassin (uncredited)
    - The Deadly Assassin: Part One (1976) ... Guard (uncredited)
    - The Seeds of Doom: Part Four (1976) ... Guard
    - The Seeds of Doom: Part Three (1976) ... Guard (uncredited)
    - Revenge of the Cybermen: Part One (1975) ... Vogan (uncredited)
    - The Wheel in Space: Episode 2 (1968) ... Wheel Crewmember (uncredited)
    - The Wheel in Space: Episode 1 (1968) ... Wheel Crewmember (uncredited)
    - The Enemy of the World: Episode 3 (1968) ... Central European Guard (uncredited)
    - The Enemy of the World: Episode 2 (1967) ... Central European Guard (uncredited)