Page 170 of 293 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172180220270 ... LastLast
Results 3,381 to 3,400 of 5843
    Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    The lads in Z CARS have to face up to the "Sins of the Father" and at Sgt. Lynch's morning parade:

Barry Lowe and Ian Cullen pretend to listen attentively and Ronald Gough does up his tunic

Getting his loose change out appears to be an effort for this pipe smoker who I think is Hugh Elton

James Ellis croons an Irish ballad to the station as Pat Gorman does his best to ignore him

When Jimmy complains that no-one likes his singing, we can observe that Patrick Milner has continued to expand his sideburns to an alarming extent

And as Auriol Smith and Renny Lister have a barney, it looks like Pearl Walters has a basket.

Liked
    182 times
    Britannia Mews (1949) was made by 20th Century-Fox starring Dana Andrews (in two roles) and Maureen O'Hara at Shepperton and they re-named it The Forbidden Street in the USA. When Dana, Maureen and A. E. Matthews put on a puppet show:

A gleeful and youthful Reg Thomason is there in the middle to watch it. It may look like Victor Harrington bottom left, but sadly it isn't.

Dana is horribly dubbed in the first of his roles. It sounds just a bit like Patrick Holt.

Thanks to Scott Palmer for mentioning this one to me.

Liked
    182 times
    Investigating "The Shift That Never Was", DEPARTMENT S encounters:

Ron Baker drinking tea. Which he quickly spits out when he has to get a shift on and avoid that tanker

Eric Lander comes on shift. Is that Les White as the security guard (who gets biffed shortly after)?

Shifting round this nuclear core along with Eric and Caroline Blakiston is V.I.P. Tony Mendleson. I think it might be (the real) Tommy Winward too. Hidden behind Eric . . .

. . . as he shifts along, we can see it's Reg Thomason 20 years after his last screencap

Talking of (the real), as we are shifted round to the other side of the core, Ned Hood appears

The guard looking round for shifty characters, or cornflakes, appears to be Tony O'Leary

"Get a shift on", exclaims customs man Clifford Earl

And they don't come any shiftier than lorry driver Mike Reid.

Well, there were quite a few shifts there after all.

Liked
    182 times
    Voice-overs in that DEPARTMENT S episode: it sounds like Bruce Beeby doing his old man bit as retired worker Albert Simmons and also his East European bit as the station master when Dennis Alaba Peters makes his cameo appearance.

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    Candlelight in Algeria (1943) is an OK WW2 spy film, mainly notable for having James Mason in a fez. Slim pickings for familiar faces, but perhaps a few bits of interest:

The uncredited railway porter with Carla Lehmann is Oscar Nation. Not one of our usual names, but he is in a lot of uncredited roles, and deserves some acknowledgement.

I cannot prove it, but I strongly believe the extra on the right is a very young Earl Cameron. Cameron arrived in London as a stranded sailor in late 1939, and was appearing on the West End by the time this film was made. I think it's quite possible he was also doing extra work. Most of the other "Arabs" in this film's street scenes appear to also be light skinned West Indians.

George Spence can also be fleetingly glimpsed as a passerby, and Movie Dude's Unknown Male 30 as a dancing German officer.

Liked
    182 times
    As these are from The Horse's Mouth we are sure to be reliably informed:

Anthony Lang and a duffel coat arrive to assist Mike Morgan (in the striped scarf) when he ill-advisedly shouts "Stop thief!"

Chins up when more police arrive, in the person here I think of Bill Westley. Ernest Thesiger's butler, who has already handed in his notice, is Richard Caldicot

Mike quickly retreats, so misses sight of, just through the railings, the imperious shape of Aileen Lewis

But there's no missing Jessie Robins playing cards with Elton Ollivierre and others. The model is Gillian Vaughan and the artistic ones are Michael Gough and Alec Guinness. There's also no missing the background painted by John Bratby

There's a big delivery for Mr. Gough. To hell with health and safety, it is 1958 after all and he's got Fred Griffiths about to "let go".

Liked
    182 times
    In the queue for the Tate Gallery:

Alec chats up his former missus, a simpering Ren�e Houston, as John Lynn stonily faces front. As for the haughty lady in the checked coat . . .

. . . it's Joan Hickson at her sneering best, joined by Mabel Etherington, who obviously doesn't think much of Joan's hat

Alec gives Joan a good rejoinder as he departs with Miss Houston and there's Tony Spear(s) puffing a ciggy

As they walk to the pub, it looks like Austin Cooper has walked into shot

Not just ciggies allowed in the pub, but pipes too, and it's the turn of Charles Rayford to smoke one. It does look like Philip Stewart sitting at the end of the bar, but it doesn't appear to be him

Another masterpiece on the wall gives Robert Coote an eyeful, almost makes Hugh Latimer drop his sherry and braces Arthur Macrae

Hapless as ever, but not scarfless, is Miss Rosalind Knight

Time to demolish a work of art and Jim Brady is on hand to swing a pick. The foreman in the flat cap is Victor Brooks

Yes, you always get rubbernecking. Although Ernie Rice has turned up for a good look, Arthur's neck is anything but rubber. Veronica Turleigh and Robert Coote nurse their respective injuries and Timothy Bateson is just about to cop one all of his own.

Liked
    182 times

Three concerned faces down Newton nick: John Slater, Pat Gorman and James Ellis is a typically offbeat P. J. Hammond episode of Z CARS called "Damage".

Liked
    182 times
    It's not on their respective lists, but I can understand that given we're talking about The Frozen Dead (1966), but:

Is that Derek Chafer trying to get at least some comfort from Dana Andrews (the Southern Comfort I bet Dana kept for himself)?

And is that Alan Gibbs in the background trying to get out of the thing fast by train? If so, in the next shot, he's entering the station again in another bid for freedom. Anna Palk and John Moore discuss if they really do need the work.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Tigon Man's Avatar
    Liked
    86 times
    Not easy to identify any extras from the poor quality You Tube copy of Staircase (1969). I'm pretty sure though that the customer trying to enter Rex Harrison's barber shop for his blow wave, is Norman Mitchell..

Staircase-Norman Mitchell.JPG

Liked
    182 times
    Many take the advantage of a "Day Trip" in Z CARS to double or triple up on roles within the episode:

The masons certainly do infiltrate every bit of the police force. Here, John Collin returns as the slobby Det. Sgt. Haggar and gets a secret handshake from P.C. Patrick Milner

There's lots and lots of healthy eating and drinking in this one. John Collin digs into a cream cake early on and here he has just pinched a chair off Pat Gorman. Is that Kenneth Sedd giving Haggar a filthy look (and was Kenneth earlier known as Kedd Senton)? Ian Cullen and Douglas Fielding just enjoy their beans and chips. Most of the coppers in this canteen scene also play caf� customers and pub patrons elsewhere in the episode

Hilary Tindall puts in a good performance and she's emoting so well here, she doesn't notice the arrival of John Cannon behind her. John is one of those in the pub scene later and he's downing a pint with vigour, although I remember Aitch saying John was teetotal

Alf Mangan joins those in the caf�, but fear not, he also is on pub duty later. The traffic warden is "Fang" played by toothy Carolyn Jones

Hilary's on the scrounge for some thieving pickings and those council workman are hard at it too. Tommy Winward about to have a cuppa?

Liked
    182 times
    Draconian unmasked! A rehearsal shot from a 1973 DOCTOR WHO serial called "Frontier in Space":

One of the extras wise enough not to wear his admittedly impressive but extremely hot mask is Rodney Cardiff on the left with Katy Manning. Jon Pertwee and Roger Delgado wear part of their respective costumes, Roger is minus his hairpiece I think, and the masked Draconian on the right is probably Peter Birrel.

Liked
    182 times
    It's more like "The Man From Extra" than "The Man From 'X'" for DEPARTMENT S:

The teaser has an astronaut in Soho. Not unusual, I hear you say, but it is supposed to be one James Edward Rankin (although his sister Wanda Ventham refers to him as "Johnny" at one point). It's not really clear who this is, but:

When his records are pulled, the picture provided is certainly the series stunt co-ordinator Frank Maher (the date of birth not!)

Off to the U.N. in New York for Dennis Alaba Peters this time and we get Paul Beradi and Fred Machon strolling down a corridor . . . which re-appears shortly after as a British hospital corridor

One of the heavies is this dangerous chap trying to look suave and sophisticated, namely Larry Taylor

But the epitome of suavity and sophistication is of course Peter Wyngarde, here being cool with Carol Rachelle down at the Shake and Shout. We can just see the barman, Vic Chapman, who is in the same role and bar set used for "Whoever Heard of a Ghost Dying?" in RANDALL AND HOPKIRK DECEASED presumably filmed at the same time

The U.N. corridor isn't the only bit of doubling done on this episode which was directed by Gil Taylor with maybe a bit too much clarity:

Alan Meacham doubles for Peter Wyngarde

The eyebrows make me think it's Rocky Taylor doubling for Duncan Lamont

And Romo Gorrara doubling for John Nettleton.

A piece of library music is used in addition to Edwin Astley's score (which at times sounds a bit like his stuff for H. G. WELLS' INVISIBLE MAN ten years earlier). It's "Drama in Miniature Part 2" by John Davis, heard as Joel Fabiani examines the spacesuits.

Liked
    182 times
    The man with The Medusa Touch is the man with the piercing eyes and the barking voice, Richard Burton. In this highly enjoyable 1978 thriller, the lives he touches with his medusa include:

Pedestrian Lewis Alexander. That's Assistant Commissioner Harry Andrews giving us a cheery wave

At school, Richard Junior (Joseph Clark) gets less than cheery retort from this teacher, a dubbed Guy Standeven

Time for the real Richard to be called to the bar (not his usual type of bar I suppose). The solicitors/clerks include Cy Town, Charlie Gray, Tommy Winward and Pat Ryan, whilst the barrister next to Richard is Jack Armstrong

Addressing the court, though with Robert Flemyng on the bench, he'd be better addressing envelopes, Richard gets initial approval from his client the accused James Hazeldine who's flanked by Byron Sotoris and John Cannon. In the background, we can just see our own Harry Fielder in the blue shirt sucking his finger (scene-stealer!) and I think it may have been Aitch who said the worried looking chap sitting next to Cy Town is Malcolm Brownjohn

The jury getting the benefit of Richard's wisdom includes in its number George Holdcroft third along on the back row

Hello to Harold Coyne examining cracks on the TV screen . . . from the inside

Lee Remick arrives for an evening rendezvous with Lino Ventura (she hasn't tasted Michael Byrne's cooking yet) and there's Tony Mendleson looking rather fey in the white poloneck

And although the climactic scenes in "Minster Cathedral" have a huge number of extras and stuntpersons, I couldn't really pick out anyone in particular. The location was in Bristol, so maybe they used locals? Anyway, the two choirboys (?!) here look to me like Eddie Powell and possibly Roy Scammell.

Banned Country: UK
    Liked
    7 times
    Oh I love that film! I remember watching it on TV as a child and it scared the beejeezubs out of me. I remember a plane crash, that cathedral collapse. I also remember, I think, the opening in which a pram was on the edge of a Clift. Is that right? It must be at least 25 years since I've seen it but it's funny what you remember. Ah well, sorry this isn't about spotting extras but I'd forgot all about that film. On a different note this summer holiday my goal is to identify unknown actress 15. What a face!

Liked
    182 times
    No pram on a cliff at the beginning of the film, Stonefan, but there is a car on one later on.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Tigon Man's Avatar
    Liked
    86 times
    A Morris 8 Tourer. Initially driven by Norman Bird, until it drives itself.
    Hands up who thought driver less cars were a new invention...

Banned Country: UK
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Lovell View Post
    No pram on a cliff at the beginning of the film, Stonefan, but there is a car on one later on.
    I don't know what I'm thinking of with that pram but it's a cracking good film. I'm going to see if it's on DVD and treat myself.

Liked
    182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonefan View Post
    I don't know what I'm thinking of with that pram but it's a cracking good film. I'm going to see if it's on DVD and treat myself.
    Network has it on DVD, but if you can wait until next month, they're bringing it out on bluray.

Liked
    182 times
    Last visit for now to Newton nick where Z CARS indulge in a bit of "Public Relations" as well as lots of folded arm acting. Among the culprits of the latter:

Douglas Fielding and James Ellis. What an old hairline Douglas has. Pat Gorman and John Collin are innocent, however

Not innocent is barman Charles Adey-Gray who tries to give John a short half. Mike Reynell is one of the patrons

Along with Ron Gregory

And Anthony Lang.

Looking at John Slater there and here:

made me think that Byron Sotoris would've been a good double or stand-in for him.
    (pinched from Movie Dude)

I wonder if John Slater ever had a double or stand-in during his earlier career. Sadly, he only had a couple of years left when this episode was recorded. Too much Special K maybe?