Results 3,481 to 3,500 of 5843
    Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Screencap72 View Post
    Peter Brayham?:

In Alfie (1966)

Credit: Movie Dude

Coincidentally, I think I've just found him in The Servant. Will post an image at his thread later.
    Last edited by cornershop15; 08-09-14 at 07:03 AM. Reason: Brought forward first image from previous page.

Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    I'd agree that's Peter Brayham.

I'd also hope we can agree this is Walter Henry:

On an allez to Calais, he's on duty at Delphi Lawrence's chateau, but fails to see SIR FRANCIS DRAKE and his cohorts in the curiously-titled episode "The English Dragon"

The boys with the feathers soon have a fight. Leslie Crawford on the left, I think, and Peter Diamond at the back, but not for long as he takes the brunt of the action with Terence Morgan. Peter of course also pops up as a Golden Hind crewman earlier on.

Banned Country: UK
    Liked
    7 times
    Today whilst ironing ( I've been made redundant so now I'm just doing supply work) I watched the Omen. As well as Victor, Juba and Antony Lang who have been spotted before I came across Guy Standeven at Damian's birthday party as a military type and Walter Henry as a porter pushing Lee Remick into her hospital room after her fall. Tomorrow I may post the images unless I get called in. 12 years I taught at that school and then they closed it down. Ah well, at least I've more time to spot British extras!

Senior Member Country: Germany JD_Fan's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Crook View Post
    Is there anything that suggests that they were in it apart from that someone added them to the IMDb? That's no guarantee that they were in it
    I read it on imdb and in a few magazines from the 40s and 50s.... but maybe their part was cut out.

Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonefan View Post
    Today whilst ironing ( I've been made redundant so now I'm just doing supply work) I watched the Omen. As well as Victor, Juba and Antony Lang who have been spotted before I came across Guy Standeven at Damian's birthday party as a military type and Walter Henry as a porter pushing Lee Remick into her hospital room after her fall. Tomorrow I may post the images unless I get called in. 12 years I taught at that school and then they closed it down. Ah well, at least I've more time to spot British extras!
    Today I watched Omen 3, I missed out the second one as it was filmed stateside, and funnily enough the only people I could identify were Guy Standeven and Walter Henry! They both appear early on at an auction and Guy is a waiter as well later and probably dubbed.

Liked
    182 times
    In the last episode of SIR FRANCIS DRAKE, David McCallum played Lord Oakeshott (no Lib Dems in sight), but in this one, "Boy Jack", the title character is courtesy of Michael Anderson (Jr.) and he does play the lute. Also playing:

Eve Lucette yet again (and why not?) as a lady-in-waiting who's wondering why Michael is wearing a wig (which he disposes of from the next scene on)

Some of the scurvy knaves on board The Golden Hind: Peter Perkins, Bill Cummings, Michael Crawford, Peter Diamond, Eddie Powell, Joe Powell and Peter Perkins' "brother"

Off to Portugal and the tavern keeper is Paul Beradi minus buttonhole and cigarette holder (Walter Raleigh probably wasn't around that day)

Michael is plucking his lute in public and Isobel Black left background, Timothy Pearce at the centre table and Leslie Crawford centre background don't seem too alarmed

But Captain John Moffatt does not share their relaxed attitude and is getting tough with the poor lad as Ray Marioni and Fred Haggerty observe.

Liked
    182 times
    When The Foreman Went to France in 1942 (though it's supposed to be 1940), he encountered:

Jack May hogging the centre of La Tour Railway Station platform un. Sadly, that is not Victor Harrington as the gendarme behind him

And I think this stretcher-bearer could very well be young Ned Lynch. Paul Bonifas has his back to us.

IMDb lists Thora Hird as the uncredited second barmaid at La Tour, but it's not our Thora who's getting her coat on.

Liked
    182 times
    Possibly "The Garrison" is the first adventure into production for SIR FRANCIS DRAKE - it opens with a scene-setting narration - and action and background music are more expansive than usual. It also gives onscreen credit to Golden Hind crewmembers Peter Diamond as the Bo'sun and Bill Dancy as the Master Gunner. Joining them on board for this story:

As well as Terence Morgan as our hero and I have to say a rather camp Patrick McLoughlin as his right-hand man plus Mr. Diamond, Joe Beckett and Joe Powell are there and Bill Cummings pops up elsewhere too

At the Queen's court, Her Maj bustles out followed by Gabriella Lucidi, the expert door opening being handled by Charlie Price

A giant fart by two Spanish soldiers causes Peter Perkins to do some acting

Laurence Naismith is not pleased about the implications of that, nor are his chums a grim-faced John Tatum (but isn't he usually?) and a magnificently stoic Peter Evans

And when Larry has to re-enact it for Terry, Paddy and the other Pat, Patrick Wymark, it is wise to have Walter Henry on guard duty on the left.

Liked
    177 times
    If I'm right about Peter Brayham then I've a second sighting to add to Gerald's discoveries in The Servant (post #2822):

Pat Halpin is about to pass DVD regular Jill Melford & her unknown dance partner in the Soho restaurant where he works.

Harold Coyne was the only extra I recognised in this tracking shot during my viewing of The Looking Glass War (1969):

When it came to screencapping I realised Jill Goldston's there too. Other, unfamiliar faces at 'Who are these people?' soon.

Liked
    182 times
    A nice one of Pat Halpin, cornershop.

"Look!" cries Tommy Trinder during Fiddlers Three in 1944 A.D., and when we do look:

There's Gerry Judge chatting up the Roman talent as poor Diana Decker on the right gets shoved around by the legionnaires (ouch)

Diana's soon at Frederick Piper's auction and the bidders include Tommy and, leering in his toga on the left, is Wallace Bosco with a comb-over

That Emperor Nero is a one for his orgies. And the drunk on the right is certainly one: Bill Shine.

I didn't know Carmen Miranda was an ancient Roman, but here she (he) is courtesy of Mr. Trinder:

But could the nicer-looking one perhaps be a young Lola Morice? Answers on a papyrus, please.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    0 times
    Rasputin3.jpg Fred Wood pops up again in Rasputin (1996) Opening scenes as Peasant / Villager

Here is a Poloriod taken on set

img036.jpgimg036.jpg
    Last edited by Wood-TIMBER-Wood; 13-09-14 at 05:45 PM.

Liked
    177 times
    Further identifications in 'The Deadly Affair' (1966)

I wouldn't have realised when I first posted this, in 2010, but the man who plays Petra Markham's dad is Pat Halpin again!:

Petra, (un)credited as 'Daughter at Theatre' in IMDb's cast, is first to notice the dead body of (one of the main stars) as
    she leaves with Pat. It's her scream that alerts the rest of the audience, including James Mason and Dido Plumb, centre:

A closer view. It's the only 'good' shot of Dido:

Last edited by cornershop15; 14-09-14 at 01:38 AM.

Liked
    182 times
    SIR FRANCIS DRAKE sails into 1962 and undertakes a "Visit to Spain". At the court of King Philip:

It's the turn of Roy Lansford to display his knobbly knees. Luckily, Terence Morgan keeps his eye averted. Terence is on narration duties again for this one

Under orders from the heir to the Spanish throne played by a hateful Joseph Cuby, this assassin is the only role for Peter Diamond in the episode.

Milton Reid and Michael Crawford can be briefly spotted in the background of one scene, but they get no lines or credit. The ladies, including Catherine Woodville and Francesca Annis, are more lucky.

Liked
    182 times
    Some of these sightings mirror ones that been made before, but "Death on Reflection" does give DEPARTMENT S a chance to show off extra extras thanks to director Ray Austin's habit of giving them their head:

And the first head we see is that of Hyma Beckley

A few more in reverse include Pearl Walters, Colin McKenzie and Mabel Etherington as well as Dennis Alaba Peters (who has lots to do in this episode for once), Susan Denny and Guy Rolfe. And who has a hand in reversing this shot?

None other than cheerful auction attendant John Tatum

The extras tend to dart all over the place in this scene, but here we get Roy Lansford and his pipe, Hugh Cecil, Frances Baker, Walter Henry and I think Ross Parker. The arty beard is worn by Paul Whitsun-Jones, but I believe it belongs to the hairdressing department at Elstree

Ned Lynch suddenly appears

Then we suddenly go to a wine tasting with Joel Fabiani and Arthur Goodman

Not forgetting Terence Conoley also in something the Elstree hairdressing department might recognise.

Liked
    182 times
    Something to sober up the wine tasters:

Frosty-faced Aileen Lewis, who tells her companion to "come on" to get away from our heroes

Though Paul Beradi still gets stuck into the old vino

Another auction but most of the same gang are back. Here Dennis and Rosemary Nichols are about to be joined by a cool-looking Gerald Paris

And although he's not visible in the wider shots, those eyebrows must belong, not in this case to the hairdressing department, but to John More

Not caught red-handed! Michael Barrington faces off Joel, Paul Whitsun-Jones and Special Branch's finest Ron Gregory and Bill Burns.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    0 times
    Young Sherlock Holmes (1985).jpg

young Sherlock Holmes 2 (1989).jpg
    Young sherlock Holmes and the Pyramid of Fear shows Fred Wood at the opening scenes in the Lower Nile Tavern
    Last edited by Wood-TIMBER-Wood; 15-09-14 at 10:17 PM.

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    Movie Dude has done an excellent job with Gideon's Day, but here are a few more sightings:

Keeping the crowds back is P.C. Peter Brace.

Charles Maunsell is questioned by Inspector John Warwick, while Ned Lynch (minus his fedora) tends to his wound.

Detective Pat Halpin points out the skid marks/plot point, while Detective Jim Brady is barely visible at far right.

This chap you have as extra #25, and he's the fellow Gerald has dubbed "The Gurner" in an earlier post on this thread. I have him down as Dave's Unknown Male 5 on Aveleyman (http://www.aveleyman.com/ActorCredit.aspx?ActorID=98540), and he keeps turning up more often, so maybe he needs a Movie Dude number now!

Liked
    7 times
    My wife, son and I were watching Fawlty Towers the other evening. It was The Wedding Party episode. Who should be Kathleen Heaths dinner date? None other than John Wilder no less.

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    You must mean this guy Stonefan. I wondered who he was.

Liked
    182 times
    Bonnie Prince Charlie (1948) is no a bonnie filum, but maybe an apt one given the way things are going in Scotland at the moment. Things going in the Italian court of King James II:

Frederick Kelsey takes to his spindly legs at a recital while the Old and Young Pretenders are elsewhere playing cards

Jack Hawkins looks sullen and no wonder with that hairdo. At least Wallace Bosco has more respectable headgear

The prince (David Niven in one of his weakest roles) interviews defeated soldier Sergeant Tom Wilkins, gravelly-voiced George Woodbridge

And here is the price making a spectacular entrance and quite discombobulating poor Pat Ryan

Jack's on his feet again giving them all a wigging. At the table with him are Franklyn Dyall, Austin Trevor I think and Torin Thatcher, who is not uncredited, IMDb

And when Flora MacDonald (Margaret Leighton) goes to visit the exceedingly good James Hayter, it's an exceedingly young Robert Cawdron who opens the door.

IMDb has a rare old mix-up with its cast list, including getting character names wrong and crediting people who don't exist like Stuart Kindsdell instead of Stuart Lindsell and:

A "Simon Luck" instead of here, quite obviously on the right, a youthful Simon Lack. At least the gent on the left is correctly listed as Herbert Lomas and not Herbert Lom . . .