Page 176 of 293 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186226276 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,520 of 5843
    Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    Neil McCallum's invention of "The Flame Thrower" gets SIR FRANCIS DRAKE into a hot spot. His crew this week includes Peter Diamond, Milton Reid, Bill Cummings, Terry Scully, Joe Powell, "Peter Perkins' brother" and Michael Crawford, all without credit. Below decks:

A better look at semi-regular Bill Dancy who takes on the mantle of Master Gunner plus Richard Huggett as grate English spy Alonzo

Chief guest star William Lucas certainly gets burned up when our hero invades his castle and Peter Diamond is back as a Spanish soldier about to have a flaming row with Sir F.

The main baddie, as often he is, Roger Delgado, is named "Rodger Delgado" in the end credits. It's enough to make you want to throw a flame.
    Last edited by Gerald Lovell; 16-09-14 at 09:55 PM.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    0 times
    Watching Jazz Boat I think the Barber far Left is Fred Wood, If correct a different early role ?

Jazz Boat (1960).jpg Jazz Boat (1960) 2.jpg

Liked
    182 times
    Sorry, it doesn't look like Fred to me. However, when Scott Palmer was bitten by The Snake Woman (1961), he relayed to me:

Definitely Fred Woods in a pub

George Hilsdon there too in the background

George Spence likewise. Not surprisingly, their boozing pal also there is Jim Brady who's been spotted previously

But it's all a bit hair-raising for Peter Rendall; well, if he had some hair on top . . .

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    He's got more than me!

Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Lovell View Post
    Sorry, it doesn't look like Fred to me. However, when Scott Palmer was bitten by The Snake Woman (1961), he relayed to me:

Definitely Fred Woods in a pub

George Hilsdon there too in the background

George Spence likewise. Not surprisingly, their boozing pal also there is Jim Brady who's been spotted previously

But it's all a bit hair-raising for Peter Rendall; well, if he had some hair on top . . .
    Many Thanks for your views I was not 100% as the ears did not quite look right, however he's in their somewhere
    See below 2 shots of Fred as seen as a patron of the lower nile tavern (Young Sherlock Holmes)
    Attached Images

Liked
    182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Lovell View Post

Then we suddenly go to a wine tasting with Joel Fabiani and Arthur Goodman

Not forgetting Terence Conoley also in something the Elstree hairdressing department might recognise.
    I forgot to include another bibber:

As Joel goes pretentious and does the nosing routine, there's Vernon Duke on the right just about to get his bowtie twirling and fling back a few.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain john walter skinner's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    New sighting alert! OLIVER REED !! you have to be quick,need your confirmation,guys; DANGER WITHIN p.o.w drama; dont know which part of the movie,have been watching it in bits; OLLIE could be at the back (where else?) of a p.o.w. platoon being dismissed,you see him in profile; MICHAEL CAINE is quite visible,of course,more to the front. Have consulted the dreaded imdb and OLLIE isnt mentioned, though JOHN LEYTON is, which is news to me; Perhaps LEYTON had a transfer from the GREAT ESCAPE mob; ouch...keep up the good work Gerald et al;; john

Liked
    182 times
    It's "The Governor's Revenge" SIR FRANCIS DRAKE has to face next, but it's puzzling revenge as the Gov is played by Roger Delgado (correct spelling this time) and he is no relation to Mendoza the Spanish Ambassador he plays in other episodes. Roger's hair, make-up and facial bristles are different, but his villainy is still intact as can almost be seen here:

Martin Lyder joins him for some cannon action.

The uncredited crewmen on board the Golden Hind this time are Bill Cummings, Bill Dancy, Joe Powell, Peter Diamond (referred to as Mr. Hobbs by guest artiste Ronald Leigh-Hunt) and Eddie Powell. Messrs. Dancy and Diamond get lines to shout at Milton Reid and Michael Crawford.

Liked
    182 times
    Another culturally-sensitive edition of SIR FRANCIS DRAKE is "Slaves of Spain". Engaged upon the enslaving:

Fred Haggerty striking a pose instead of striking Marshall Jones and others which he frequently does

Group shot for some of the cast. Dave Griffiths I think as a native with Mark Eden about to join him. Nanette Newman also joins the browned-up thesps, plus there's Howard Lang, Michael Ripper (using his hoarse voice), Bill Dancy and Milton Reid who gets a few "aye, aye, Cap'ns" to say to Terence Morgan. Catherine Finn also appears in this episode, though her husband is wicked governor Derek Sydney.

Liked
    182 times
    In The Man Who Wouldn't Talk (1957), there are many, many men and women who don't talk or get a credit. The on-screen cast list is 14 long and fairly substantial talking parts don't get a mention. Here are some of the absentees:

We begin at "New York International Airport" and among the passengers, apart from Zsa Zsa Gabor and Anthony Quayle, is John Lynn (centre)

Zsa Zsa and Tony settle down and in a good piece of continuity, there's Aileen Lewis in the background. She's also in the location shot above. In a bad piece of continuity, she's with different gentlemen on the location and studio scenes (and neither are her real husband!)

Tony and the Zsa are visibly shocked when they reach London's Cottesmore Hotel. They find a frowning John Tatum in the lobby

More shock when shifty Steve Plytas arrives and doesn't even give doorman Jack Armstrong a tip

Fake and a semi-fake American accents arrive when we meet Secret Service agents Patrick Allen and Murray Kash

At least we know we're in safe hands back at the hotel when the liftman is played by Cyril Chamberlain and he's got Jack Mandeville as one of his passengers

In the hotel ballroom, there's a dance in full fling, but those romantic enemy agents Jan Conrad and Comrade Plytas decide it sit it out.

Liked
    182 times
    Cornflower gets added to the plot:

Alice Gachet turns up as Katherine Kath's madame

Meanwhile the dance continues for Zsa Zsa and Tony with an appearance by the Chamberlain twins: Pauline I think in the centre with Vic Taylor and Pamela on the right

And Harry Van Engel does his stuff on the right

Good staffing at the hotel continues as we can see Gerry Judge is the head waiter

And Emil Stemmler is one of his underlings

When Vic and Pauline finish their twirl, I think the gent in the foreground is Robert Gregory though he has a distinct Reg Thomason look to him there

Don't you hate it when young things like these get boisterous in the hotel corridors when you want to get to sleep. Among the youngsters are Pat Ryan and Diana King

Flight cancelled for Mr. Quayle when his trip to Shannon Airport terminates more quickly than he anticipated as he didn't have his toiletries displayed in a clear plastic bag. Philip Stewart, exiting on the right, hopes they don't notice his mobile phone is not fully charged.

Liked
    182 times
    There's disorder in the court as the extras zoom all over the place between shots:

John Paul is counsel for the prosecution and his learned friend Mr. Evans is Graham Stewart. Among the peripatetic onlookers are Charles Clay, George Holdcroft, Tony Castleton, John Payne, Paul Phillips and Lola Morice. The barrister in glasses on the far right is Graham Tonbridge

Now let's have a look at the jury: hey, how come that's George Holdcroft again??? The enthusiastic foreman on the right is Anthony Pendrell

Plus Middleton Woods, Lorraine Clewes, ? and Keith Banks as possibly some of the others

As we do a shortcut through the prosecution's evidence, we get images of some of their witnesses, here it's Norman Mitchell as the airport terminal booking clerk

And Police Constable Richardson, aka John Harvey

Talking of police, there's Inspector Pat Hagan on duty in the court as Cyril Chamberlain gives his evidence and, oops, John Payne has now become a solicitor's clerk

The police doctor, in the guise of Anthony Woodruff, delivers his expert opinion to Anna Neagle, Q.C.

Though the guise of Anna's junior is more puzzling. Earlier in the film, he's called Mr. Cross and played by David Aylmer. But here, as Anna discusses tactics with solicitor Lloyd Lamble, I'm pretty certain he's changed into Donald Churchill. Lola Morice is heading out as she doesn't want to get involved.

Liked
    182 times

On a visit to the cells, I think we encounter Colin McKenzie in charge of the keys. Colin even gets a line or two to say. Bill Westley may also be another of the prison officers

Back in chambers, chief clerk John Welsh is a tea duty and Peter Rendall is on door duty. Peter's also in court duty because he periodically can be spotted among the onlookers too

Turning detective as all good barristers do (), Anna finds the bugs have been at the wall again. Scotland Yard's finest, Detective Inspector Richard Shaw, has of course missed all that. The lit bulb above Richard's head is perhaps intentional!

Neal Arden and Jennifer Jayne are among those shown as uncredited in the film, but I couldn't spot them.
    Last edited by Gerald Lovell; 20-09-14 at 03:02 PM.

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    11 times
    Hooray! Both twins!

Unfortunately, the few Pamela credits we have identified are all "uncredited" so she can't have her own page at IMDB...

Liked
    182 times
    SIR FRANCIS DRAKE next suffers "The Doughty Plot", but at least he gets to punch his producer Anthony Bushell who also takes on the role Tom Doughty as well as doing a bit of narration. His co-plotters include Frederick Jaeger and Bob Grant who's without his ticket machine. The Golden Hind complement has within its number Bill Dancy as Master Gunner, Bill Cummings and Peter Perkins, plus:

Howard Lang, Glynn Edwards, Peter Diamond and for this voyage, George Hilsdon.

Liked
    182 times
    TALES FROM DICKENS features a 1958 rapid version of "A Christmas Carol" with Basil Rathbone, Alexander Gauge, Toke Townley, Walter Hudd, etc. and Fredric March providing the links. Briefly popping up during the Christmas Future sequence:

The bleedin' voice of the housekeeper - presumably Mrs. Dilber - tells me it's Rita Webb. Sadly, she has no scenes with Mr. Rathbone.

Liked
    182 times
    Negligently omitted from the earlier posts on The Man Who Wouldn't Talk, the man who was missed out:

Guy Standeven along with men who wouldn't stay in the same seats, like George Holdcroft, Peter Rendall and Paul Phillips. Ballard Berkeley is the clerk of the court who sees a gun before him.

Liked
    182 times
    His and Hers (1960) refers to Terry-Thomas and Janette Scott and unfortunately, it's likely a reference they would have wanted to forget. Forgotten too from the cast list:

When Terry arrives back in a wet London, he's greeted by his publisher Wilfrid Hyde-White (who probably comes out of the film best), his wife Janette and a gaggle of press reporters, including Howard Greene, William Roache and Fred Rawlings plus photographer Tony Castleton

When Terry arrives at the Pen & Ink Club (not a comment on the film I hope) to deposit his son with the porter, one of the crusty members is Arthur Goodman, who gets a bit of arm-tapping acting to do

Into the dining room and T-T encounters the head waiter who is this time Ned Lynch with Gerry Judge as his underling. Ned gets an undubbed line to say which of course is delivered in a strong Irish accent

When Tel berates Jan and Wilf, I have a feeling another of Ned's underlings we can just about see is Jack Dearlove

Nicole Maurey takes Wilf on the town and in Chelsea we find beatnik poet, man, Oliver Reed. Hanging on his every word is Ray Marioni bottom right and is that Rocky Taylor behind Ollie?

Another of the cats is Romo Gorrara on the right

And blimey, when they start to twist and shout, there's Charles Rayford in the middle joining in

The establishing shot of the party and the intellectual reading the book in the centre : James Payne? Is that you, Jim?

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    8 times
    Hi Gerald. no sorry it isn't me, but a very good look alike.

Liked
    182 times
    Who was "King of America"? Thomas Stukeley it seems, as encountered by SIR FRANCIS DRAKE in an episode with an impressive guest list: Kieron Moore, Andrew Keir and Susan Hampshire, plus:

The settlers' first sight of an Indian and what a sight! Brave Jim Brady. His chief is played by Fred(erick) Rawlings, co-incidentally in His and Hers above and who should have been the first person ever to be seen in DOCTOR WHO. However, his role as a policeman was recast and Reg Cranfield took over when they re-recorded the first episode in 1963

The Spanish arrive and the admiral in the foreground is Charles Hill and the captain on the steps Walter Randall. The crewman above Walter looks to be Joe Wadham

Andrew and Kieron look to be serious here. Is the settler behind them Richard Atherton or is it my imagination, shaken as I am by that sight of Jim Brady . . . ?

A location shot of Sir Francis near the end of the episode looks like it's Peter Diamond doing a bit of doubling work. Peter does do his regular character of the Bo'sun in this one, along with Bill Dancy as the Master Gunner and there's a brief shot of Bill Cummings up the mast.