Page 177 of 293 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227277 ... LastLast
Results 3,521 to 3,540 of 5843
    Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    0 times
    Looking at some past post I noticed this courtroom shot which appears to show Fred Wood just behind the head of the man bending down in The Winslow Boy

vlcsnap-2014-08-09-16h39m33s113_zps91ee09e9[1].png

Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wood-TIMBER-Wood View Post
    Looking at some past post I noticed this courtroom shot which appears to show Fred Wood just behind the head of the man bending down in The Winslow Boy

vlcsnap-2014-08-09-16h39m33s113_zps91ee09e9[1].png

I'm afraid not. This is just before Cedric Hardwicke starts to get up and there's no sign of Fred there.

Liked
    182 times
    "Someone at the Top of the Stairs" (tx: 28.04.1973) is a rather daft supernatural episode of THRILLER - it sets things up quite well but then has a silly, camp and predictable ending, but along the way:

Charles Adey-Gray enjoys a drink at the village pub, oblivious to the straits in which the deceptively cheerful Francis Wallis and Donna Mills find themselves

When the coppers arrive, they include Cy Town and, continuing the thread of coincidences (rather like the Two Ronnies on MASTERMIND it's again an actor who was also in the last sighting), Charles Hill.

Liked
    0 times
    Just to clarify this is the character I aM LOOKING AT

vlcsnap-1].png

Liked
    182 times

Sorry, I'm sure that's not Fred.

Liked
    0 times
    Your right your picture confirms this is not Fred thanks for clarifying

Liked
    182 times
    Using politicians' favourite word at the moment, clearly . . . the sight of Jim Brady stripped to the waist as a Red Indian scrambled my wits as I omitted a vital face from "King of America":

Thankfully with his knees hidden this time, Victor Harrington at the court of Good Queen Jean with an unknown lady-in-waiting and two of our most annoying unnamed extras all performing for SIR FRANCIS DRAKE.

Liked
    182 times
    After "The Irish Rebel", who is hampered by French titles and end credits lifted from an earlier episode called "The Lost Colony of Virginia", SIR FRANCIS DRAKE sails into other waters to find "Beggars of the Sea". Those are not calmer waters as there's an impressive boarding ship location fight well staged by Peter Diamond and director Terry Bishop. First, though, back to Gloriana's court:

I think that's Eve Lucette back with lines addressed to the Queen and the Sailor

Robert Rietty signs for a hoard of gold provided by banker David (J.) Grahame and under the watchful eyes of Ray Marioni and, I believe, Andrew Andreas

The chief Spanish villain this time is William Lucas once more, aided by Harold Coyne in a doubtful hat. Howard Lang struggles to conceal his mirth and Bill Dancy dances in the background

Youthful Robert on board his galleon with George Little as his lieutenant and I think it's Arthur Howell as one of the crew, which is just as well as that furious fight sequence is coming up and I understand Arthur was very handy with a sword.

Peter Diamond is back as the Bo'sun again and producer Anthony Bushell gets one line of narration to say about half way through.

Liked
    182 times
    "Drake on Trial" is the next misadventure for Sir Francis and on board a defeated Spanish ship:

Plumed Captain John Van Eyssen orders his lieutenant Stanley Morgan to hoist the white flag. Despite having the more substantial role, John's had enough with this acting lark: he gets no credit, but Stanley does

We also get aboard a Dutch shop, a bit blurry to get them all in one shot, but under Captain Richard Shaw are Leslie Crawford, Ray Austin and Ray Marioni. I suspect a fight's coming up . . .

A rogue ship and a rogue crew now and a bandaged head for poor Fred Woods

And here we have our hero . . . but is it? Even Howard Lang is wondering, while Aidan Harrington stands by on guard.

When we do get to the Golden Hind, the uncredited crewmen include Peter Diamond and Milton Reid.

Liked
    182 times
    "Last Train to Redbridge" is the first episode of DEPARTMENT S to roll into 1970, though it bears a copyright date of 1968. That's London Underground for you:

I assume Alf Mangan is there to work and not actually trying to head home within the same decade he started from

Ron Baker gets to do a bit of letch acting and gets away with it. The mores of the 1960s or 70s

But 1968 to 1970, no wonder passenger Arthur Goodman has conked out

And even Reginald Barratt can't wake dozy nosy Reg Thomason.

It sounds like Bruce Beeby gets quite a bit of voice-over work to do in this one.

Liked
    182 times
    "The Bridge" is a rather boring title for a very good episode of SIR FRANCIS DRAKE written by Brian Clemens and energetically directed by Terry Bishop with some crafty expansive stock footage in the early minutes. When blurry Francis is about get to grips with a Spanish cell guard:

I think it's Leslie Crawford whose throat is in for a treat

And just another treat per my thoughts: the Golden Hind crew this episode has within its number Michael Crawford, Bill Dancy and Howard Lang as it was prone to do, but could the bearded swab in the front be a young David Burke?

Also in the crew are Bill Cummings (likely courtesy of yet more stock footage) and Peter Diamond who gets lots and lots of shouting to do. The Spanish captain is played by Bill Nagy who is dubbed throughout by George Pastell. Why didn't they just cast George in the first place?

Liked
    182 times
    For those in For Those in Peril (1944), I couldn't see the alleged Anthony Bushell, later to be sometime guest star, producer and occasional narrator of SIR FRANCIS DRAKE, but upon the White Cliffs:

A dubbed John Rae fishes up Ralph Michael.

Liked
    182 times
    The play's the thing for "Johnnie Factotum" who involves SIR FRANCIS DRAKE in an adventure heavily laden with energetic fights, plundered treasure and stock footage. Disembarking the Golden Hind:

If those dratted Michael Crawford and Terence Morgan got out the way, we'd get a better sighting of courtier Victor Harrington

At the palace of "King Harry", a different type of courtier is embodied by Charles Rayford on the left. In the centre is our Francis, looking rather different

Also looking different now is Charles Rayford on the right simultaneously playing a gambler and I think the Old Codger is frillingly seated in the left background

Back at the court of King Harry, Milton Reid and Barry Shawzin get to dance around a bit - sumo wrestling next no doubt - and watching the fun is Robin Burns

About to dance with Bill Dancy is the athletic Leslie Crawford

And all a-blur is the fencing Fred Haggerty.

Peter Perkins (the real one) was there too and no doubt Peter Diamond was in the fight as well, though I couldn't spot him for certain.

Liked
    0 times
    Dear Gerald a pretty recent film showing Fred Wood in "The Secret Agent" being jostled by (the Late Great) Robin Williams as the Assassin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Iyrq...tailpage#t=262

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    One More Time (1970) is an appallingly bad sequel to the not quite as awful, but still lousy, Salt & Pepper. At least we can take solace in the appearance of some familiar faces...

My print isn't very good, but the unhappy blur of a court policeman is certainly John Tatum.

While his seatmate gets a closeup behind Inspector Leslie Sands, and is revealed to be Byron Sotiris. John wisely stays out of camera range!

During the funeral scene, two of the undertakers are inevitably revealed to be Fred Wood and Anthony Lang. I wonder if the undertaker to Fred's right is the younger extra that we sometimes mistake for Fred? Is the other undertaker perhaps John Adams, who we haven't seen recently?

The big party scene is surprisingly devoid of familiar faces, but we do get a quick shot of Aidan Harrington as a footman (upper right).
    Last edited by Screencap72; 28-09-14 at 03:43 AM.

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    The only remotely amusing scene is the climatic shootout at the local pub, "The Plaid Cat." The regulars pay no attention whatsoever to the gun play at all. Amongst said regulars:

Aitch and Larry Taylor, playing some sort of passive arm wrestling while imbibing and reading.

and Fred Haggerty, getting in a quick game of darts.

Finally, this film's biggest sin is the utter waste of Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee as Dr. Frankenstein and Count Dracula in a pointless, humorless bit. We do learn, though, that when Glyn Owen is made up as Frankenstein's monster:

he becomes the spitting image of Bill Murray!
    Last edited by Screencap72; 28-09-14 at 03:41 AM.

Senior Member Country: England harryfielder's Avatar
    Liked
    51 times
    Thank you for this Pic... My grankids can see ''Aitch'' in his 20s..nearly 30..??
    ONE MORE TIME…Cast Inc…Peter Lawford…Samy Davies Jnr……

Director:
    Jerry Lewis

Writer:
    Michael Pertwee (screenplay)

Cast

Sammy Davis Jr. ... Charles Salt
    Peter Lawford ... Christopher Pepper
    John Wood ... Figg
    Dudley Sutton ... Wilson
    Maggie Wright ... Miss Tomkins
    Ester Anderson ... Billie (as Esther Anderson)
    Percy Herbert ... Mander
    Anthony Nicholls ... Candler
    Allan Cuthbertson ... Belton
    Edward Evans ... Gordon
    Sydney Arnold ... Tombs
    Leslie Sands ... Inspector Grock
    Moultrie Kelsall ... Minister
    Glyn Owen ... Dennis
    Lucille Soong ... Kim Lee

I get a phone call from Dudley Sutton asking if I’d stand/in for him on the above named film
    I was glad of the work and I meet Dudley in the MGM canteen for breakfast on our first day. Dudley is to play a not so bright crook.
    After breakfast we sit at the back of the set and wait for the two main artists to arrive.
    A couple of minutes later they walk on, laughing and chatting to the crew.
    Sammy Davies Jnr, Peter Lawford and the Director….
    ( SHOCK, DOUBLE SHOCK ) It’s HIM, It’s the Man, It’s the Main Man.
    This is the man I watched in the cinema for all of my teenage years. ( And beyond )
    I used to sit in the cinema from 1pm till 10pm and get three showings of his films.
    (Me and my very good friend Freddie Simms..) We even took lunch with us.
    The Director is one of the greatest comic actors ever………
    MR. JERRY LEWIS..
    My thoughts again turn to working on this film for free, (But like thoughts I’d had
    Before they soon passed.)
    All through the filming there was only one man I was watching and it wasn’t
    The actors.
    We filmed in the studio and on location and one Sunday we filmed in a square in London’s West End. To say that there was a crowd of onlookers there is putting it mildly. All the stand/ins and Central Casting crowd were acting as security.
    I’d phoned up Freddie Simms the night before and he came along with his wife to see the main man work.
    ( Jerry, you made two good old boys very happy )
    As well as standing/in for Dudley I got used half a dozen times in the crowd including some stuff at Ledbury Castle in the West Country…
    When the film wrapped Mr. Lewis and Co donated a gym to a local school.
    Well done, ONE MORE TIME Team…

Liked
    182 times
    Nice sightings, Wood-TIMBER-Wood and Dave! In One More Time, I have Frank Maher down as Fred Haggerty's dart-playing companion; is he there, Dave?

More on Anthony Lang as an undertaker shortly . . .

Liked
    182 times
    A Matter of WHO (not what's the matter with WHO - that's a complex question) is an entertaining drama/comedy from 1961 starring Terry-Thomas in a relative serious role. The internationally-filmed productions starts off at Nice Airport, one of my favourite places in which to arrive but not to leave:

Cyril Wheeler and his new bride Sonja Ziemann settle down for a leg-stretching and tables-down flight to London, with Arthur Goodman trapped in the cheap seats behind them

In case pilot Bruce Beeby has to call for assistance in getting the legless passengers off his booze-ridden plane, radio engineer Reg Thomason will need to get on the airwaves

It looks like it's been an extras' jamboree on the Riviera as also on board are Peter Evans and Paul Beradi. The stewardess is Julie Alexander, who gets a main titles credit but is omitted from the cast list at the end

Back to the direction of travel means Muriel Greenslade has a frosty face. Mabel's nowhere to be seen, but the U.S. Sgt. opposite is Roland Brand

And though Cyril may doze off notwithstanding it's not a long flight, at least Victor Harrington can keep his eyes open

It's time for a party chez Guy Deghy and John Barry blows his trumpet, Carol White shakes her booty and Hyma Beckley wanders into frame on the right

Terry has to announce the party's over. Our unknown Randy Colonel extra on the right looks somewhat frustrated, Carol, Alex Nicol and Sonja merely startled and Pat Halpin reconciled to it

When we travel to Innsbruck, handing over the telefon appears to be Gwenda Ewen.

Liked
    182 times

As promised, Anthony Lang gets back into his undertaker outfit

Department of Health driver Roger Avon doesn't look too impressed when Terry-Thomas takes the wheel

It's not wonderfully clear, but I reckon here we have John Wilder out for a stroll

Back at London Airport and we find Arthur Howell out playing policemen and Honor Blackman playing nurses

Gordon Harris fails in his duty as a passport official and lets Terry out of the country

Walter Horsbrugh does his duty as a customs officer and holds Sonja at bay

But Alex and Terry celebrate on yet another boozy flight. I think it's poor old George Curtis on the right who has to sleep it off.