Page 178 of 293 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188228278 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,560 of 5843
    Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    11 times
    The girl on the right in the 7th clip down is Jacqueline Jones.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    23 times
    Quote Originally Posted by harryfielder View Post
    Thank you for this Pic... My grankids can see ''Aitch'' in his 20s..nearly 30..??
    ONE MORE TIME�Cast Inc�Peter Lawford�Samy Davies Jnr��

Director:
    Jerry Lewis

Writer:
    Michael Pertwee (screenplay)

Cast

Sammy Davis Jr. ... Charles Salt
    Peter Lawford ... Christopher Pepper
    John Wood ... Figg
    Dudley Sutton ... Wilson
    Maggie Wright ... Miss Tomkins
    Ester Anderson ... Billie (as Esther Anderson)
    Percy Herbert ... Mander
    Anthony Nicholls ... Candler
    Allan Cuthbertson ... Belton
    Edward Evans ... Gordon
    Sydney Arnold ... Tombs
    Leslie Sands ... Inspector Grock
    Moultrie Kelsall ... Minister
    Glyn Owen ... Dennis
    Lucille Soong ... Kim Lee

I get a phone call from Dudley Sutton asking if I�d stand/in for him on the above named film
    I was glad of the work and I meet Dudley in the MGM canteen for breakfast on our first day. Dudley is to play a not so bright crook.
    After breakfast we sit at the back of the set and wait for the two main artists to arrive.
    A couple of minutes later they walk on, laughing and chatting to the crew.
    Sammy Davies Jnr, Peter Lawford and the Director�.
    ( SHOCK, DOUBLE SHOCK ) It�s HIM, It�s the Man, It�s the Main Man.
    This is the man I watched in the cinema for all of my teenage years. ( And beyond )
    I used to sit in the cinema from 1pm till 10pm and get three showings of his films.
    (Me and my very good friend Freddie Simms..) We even took lunch with us.
    The Director is one of the greatest comic actors ever���
    MR. JERRY LEWIS..
    My thoughts again turn to working on this film for free, (But like thoughts I�d had
    Before they soon passed.)
    All through the filming there was only one man I was watching and it wasn�t
    The actors.
    We filmed in the studio and on location and one Sunday we filmed in a square in London�s West End. To say that there was a crowd of onlookers there is putting it mildly. All the stand/ins and Central Casting crowd were acting as security.
    I�d phoned up Freddie Simms the night before and he came along with his wife to see the main man work.
    ( Jerry, you made two good old boys very happy )
    As well as standing/in for Dudley I got used half a dozen times in the crowd including some stuff at Ledbury Castle in the West Country�
    When the film wrapped Mr. Lewis and Co donated a gym to a local school.
    Well done, ONE MORE TIME Team�
    May I jump threads from usual film poster duty on Britmovie to offer a feature which I hope my be of interest?

Its a mini-video, from the joint archive of Universities here in the Midlands from the stock of (mostly) ITV interviews in the 60s/70s.

One More Time is the featured location report from 1969, filmed at Eastnor Castle, near Ledbury in the extreme south-west corner of the (then) ATV studios region

http://www.macearchive.org/Archive/T...try/35567.html

The video might take a while to load up, but its all crew and performers brhind the scenes during the production.

Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    Good stuff, Rick. I think that may be director Jerry Lewis giving direction to our Aitch at the entrance to the castle.

Liked
    182 times
    Scott Palmer inspired me to go and watch The Snake Woman (1960) which has a second or third tier cast, but to us more famous extras including the previously mentioned George Hilsdon, Jim Brady, George Spence and Fred Woods in the pub as one might expect. Peter Rendall also gets a fairly sizeable speaking role as Darrow, the father of a murdered lad and who has to gaze into the unblinking eye of the title character. Peter has a West Country accent, but no credit. And there's another murder victim in that pub:

Bitten rather than drunk, Charles Rayford staggers forward but his lines are restricted to "uuugggg". Frances Bennett, the slowest-talking barmaid in Christendom and Geoffrey Denton, an example of good British blimpish coloneldom, look on. Comforting to know after these deaths, the locals merely shrug their shoulders and continue to sup their beer.

Geoffrey Denton also gets to supply the film's opening narration.
    Last edited by Gerald Lovell; 28-09-14 at 08:24 PM.

Liked
    182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cully View Post
    The girl on the right in the 7th clip down is Jacqueline Jones.
    Yes, quite right!

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    Aitch: Thanks very much for sharing your memories of working on this one; makes me glad I watched it!
    Rick: Thanks very much for the link to the behind the scenes film, very interesting.
    Gerald: Fred's darts partner is only seen for one brief shot, and it could well be Frank Maher:

There's also these two drinkers oblivious to Edward Evans' gunplay:

Thought the one on the left might be Peter Brace, but doubt it. Peter is apparently the victim of a cart-jacking by Messrs. Lawford & Davis in the previous scene, though.

While we're at it, can anyone name the old codger on the phone and the publican? I feel like I should know them both:

Liked
    182 times
    No sign of Frank Maher, Dave, but that old codger (not The Old Codger of course) looks like Richard Goolden.

Liked
    182 times
    When there's "An Echo of Theresa", it's time to repair to the bar:

That thrilling and eerie centre shadow is merely waiter Neville Phillips, much to the joy of William Job and boring Paul Burke, but on the left Charles Adey-Gray is positively overjoyed:

Despite calling room service to escape the levity as it is THRILLER, Paul finds the jolly waiter is Keith Ashley

It's no good: Paul hits the bar again, this time with his equally stiff wife Polly Bergin. cornershop has already kindly pointed out John Tatum on the right, but I believe the left gives us Richard Atherton, who's later seen engaged in much eager background gossip with jovial John, likely about how boring Paul and Polly most certainly are.

Liked
    0 times
    It is indeed Richard Goolden, who for some reason is credited as "9th Local." Unfortunately, the other eight locals aren't. John Nettles is also supposedly in this mess, but I couldn't find him.

Liked
    182 times
    There's "The Reluctant Duchess" in the form of Mary Merrall for SIR FRANCIS DRAKE to coerce next for his queen and on duty at the palace:

Harold Sanderson towers over nervous Susan Burnett

Susan's anything-but-nervous granny, the Duchess of Reluctance, is entertained by imposter Terence Morgan, demure Nancy Egerton, florid Ferdy Mayne and uncredited Arthur Howell

The Spanish advance! Thomas Kempinski (sic) sports his Teddy Boy hairstyle and Andrew Andreas waits in his helmet.

Senior Member Country: England harryfielder's Avatar
    Liked
    51 times
    Thought the one on the left might be Peter Brace, but doubt it. Peter is apparently the victim of a cart-jacking by Messrs. Lawford & Davis in the previous scene, though.
    The man on the right...Mike Hunt...

Senior Member Country: England harryfielder's Avatar
    Liked
    51 times

Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by harryfielder View Post
    The man on the right...Mike Hunt...
    Thanks Aitch--knew I had seen him before.

Liked
    182 times
    It's not the most politically correct experience for SIR FRANCIS DRAKE when he encounters "The Gypsies" in this shipbound edition of his ITC series and the uncredited crewmembers include Bill Cummings, Bill Dancy, George Hilsdon, Peter Diamond, Peter Perkins (who gets a dialogue exchange with Glynn Edwards) and:

Tony Castleton, who gets some yokel-accented words to say to Terence Morgan

The sleeping beauty in the centre background I think could well be Alan Gibbs, although it's not on his C.V. Milton Reid is arising in the foreground

On their joint C.V.s though would be guest star Eileen Way appearing with semi-regular Howard Lang a couple of years before they did their cave-people thing together in the very first DOCTOR WHO story.

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    Rather an unfortunate name for that extra (Mike Hunt). I'll give Sir Francis Drake another chance this afternoon, Gerald.

Sighted in 'Never Take Sweets from a Stranger' (filmed in 1959)

Mabel Etherington (2nd right) is among those awaiting the arrival of Felix Aylmer, on trial for making two girls dance naked:

This is similar to the airport scene in Play It Cool, with the suspect's appearance grabbing the attention of photographers.

Nearest to crown prosecutor Michael Gwynn is Guy Standeven (as his assistant?). Could that be Ann Barrass behind him?:

Further to the right the Carters (Gwen Watford, Janina Faye, Patrick Allen), behind them Muriel Greenslade & Ray Austin.

A rare appearance from Charlie Bubbles star Peter Carlisle as court usher:

With (better shots of) Michael Gwynn and Janina Faye. Foreman of the jury John Bloomfield can be seen on the left.

In front of judge MacDonald Parke are Vic Chapman (stenographer) and the recently identified Mark Baker (clerk of court):

]

But where is Hazel Jennings - credited as Mrs. Olderberry and the intended subject of my search? I insist she's not in this film.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    0 times
    Fred Wood
    Is seen in 2 films I checked out during last evening, Gulag (1985) and Car Trouble (1985)
    He is seen on the bunk in the Gulag Prisoner Train, and Sheltering from a storm in Car Trouble

Gulag(1985)2.jpgCar Trouble (1985)3.jpg
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Wood-TIMBER-Wood; 01-10-14 at 07:17 PM.

Liked
    182 times
    "Underworld" (1978) is the one DOCTOR WHO story where no records have been kept by the BBC to identify the extras. John Cannon and David J. Grahame have been sighted in the past and now:

The baldy in the middle must surely be Charles Rayford.

This may also be the elusive Reg Thomason DOCTOR WHO story. Must keep looking . . .
    Last edited by Gerald Lovell; 01-10-14 at 09:44 PM.

Liked
    182 times
    There's "Court Intrigue" for SIR FRANCIS DRAKE and appearing before Her Maj:

That sturdy Englishman Captain Howard Lang, but also guard Harold Sanderson sneaking a look

And look, it's that sneak Colin Jeavons as a Spanish officer with Maxwell Craig on the right among his invasion force.

Among the uncredited force on the Golden Hind this time round are Milton Reid, Bill Dancy, Michael Crawford and almost lost in the final fade-out, George Hilsdon.

The intrigue spreads to the Spanish court too because Ambassador Roger Delgado is replaced by Ambassador John Arnatt. John had a habit of doing this kind of thing if I remember poor old Sheriff Alan Wheatley and THE ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD and poor old Borusa Angus Mackay and DOCTOR WHO . . .

Liked
    182 times
    SIR FRANCIS DRAKE has to seek the help of the "Gentleman of Spain" (Nigel Davenport with an intermittent accent) and although the Spanish race gets off a lit more lightly in this episode, not so other countries, cultures or beliefs

Our hero finds himself literally crossing swords with expert fencer Arthur Howell

However, Captain D lives to fight another day. The scruffy follower of Nigel D is Leslie Crawford and Peter Diamond, who also arranged the fights into which he gets well stuck himself, is back as the bo'sun

Bracing himself against the cave wall is another of Davenport's disciples, a scarred Peter Brace

Into the spacious cell of Hassan Bey (Paul Stassino) we go and find poor Robin Burns burning his wrists as he dangles from the manacles on the wall. Robin, why don't you stand up? You're so tall, the chains will then dangle and not you

Cloak flourishing, Abanazar, er no, H. Bey arrives with browned-up troops Gerald Paris, Steve Donahue (who later gets a line) and Leslie Crawford (again)

When the cloaked one pours himself into the chamber of Guy Deghy to ask why he's got a tea cosy on his head, he's accompanied this time by Joe Wadham and Arthur Howell (again).

Narration once more comes from Terence Morgan and apart from Glynn Edwards as semi-regular Martin, none of the Golden Hind crew get a credit. As well as Mr. Diamond above, the crew includes Howard Lang, Bill Dancy, Michael Crawford and Milton Reid. Harold Sanderson is back as one of Queen Elizabeth's palace guards too.

Liked
    182 times
    I had a feeling that Ring of Spies (1963) was going to uncover a lot of our regulars as before the brief opening titles came up, the dry tones of narrator John Arnatt are heard and:

Emil Stemmler has a look to see if he can find uncredited actors and extras in even the smallest corners of the film

Once we get underway, at an embassy party (in the grounds of Littleton Park it seems), Bernard Lee downs the first of the many, many drinks he has in the film and Pat Hagan stays safely in the background. Peter Evans is also at the bash, along with his "brother", the "Ned Hood" extra, who's in the screencap, and several others whose names we don't know yet. Most are in two places at once, needless to say

There are several pubs and bars to visit. Here William Sylvester and Bernard are joined in the background by Gerry Judge, who can be seen in several pub sequences throughout, then pops up in a caf� scene and finally plays an undercover police detective. Not a waiter's clothing in sight either

John Dunbar is going to grab that chair for his missus, much to the annoyance of Bill and Bernie

We switch to one of those scandalous raves in London for heaven's sake: there's smoking and everything; well, it is 1963. Ken Hutchins is doing his dancing stuff on the left

And Joe Beckett is doing his grabbing the stripper stuff

When Margaret Tyzack and Bernie clock out off work, the suspicious gateman looks like Edwin Brown. Margaret calls him "Taffy", but he has a marked Irish accent

Harold Coyne was Scottish so at least his jacket is correct

Lovely old Cyril Chamberlain looks peeved as it's the pub's chucking out time. The equally lovely George Spence has the tables to clear

Cyril's a copper and back at the station, he finds that the even more lovely Frank Forsyth has not only pinched John Tatum's uniform, he's got his facial expression too.