Page 179 of 293 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181189229279 ... LastLast
Results 3,561 to 3,580 of 5843
    Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    The inner sanctum of Cyril and Frank's cop shop:

David Davies plays Redfern and Geoffrey Palmer his youthful underling

When those rozzers decide to do a bit of bugging, they certainly make a party of it. Derek Francis and Hector Ross head the team and also there I see Dickie Owen and James Mellor (who both get lots to do besides making tea), Colin McKenzie, Margaret Ward and Jack Armstrong

Here's Alan Curtis looking doubtful as Dickie is about to do the Derry & Toms, if that's not too rude

I think this could be Pamela Pitchford telling William Sylvester there's no room at the inn, or else this tube station is closed on Sundays

And this is certainly Fred Griffiths, who's moaning about the overabundance of the News of the World. Just wait 48 years, Fred

The bigwigs have a meeting (in Littleton House I suspect). Derek Francis does the briefing with Fred Machon in the far background. The left end of the table gives us Peter Evans again (who in addition has another earlier scene with Derek) and the right end that plump Victor Harrington lookalike

Dickie again, plus a grinning George Holdcroft who has possibly found some nice plums in the market

Plumbing the depths of gambling, Bernie is pulled away from this game by Margaret, despite interest being shown in it by Alan Meacham and Walter Henry in his beret

As Eric Morecambe almost used to say, there were these two old gentleman sitting on a bench . . . and the one on the left is Eddie Boyce.

Liked
    182 times
    There's "A Small War of Nerves" for DEPARTMENT S to overcome. Their guest star in this one is Anthony Hopkins and it's interesting to see him interact with ITC regulars like Frederick Jaeger. Rosemary Nicols has next to nothing to do in this episode which centres on Peter Wyngarde and it has to be said he holds his own in the gentlemen's lavatory scene with Sir Anthony. Colin Gordon is in pretty grouchy form but that's maybe due to the fact he has no telephone acting to do. On dogging acting though:

Walter Henry holds the pooch, the identity of which I don't know, nor Walter's companion, but those gates look familiar . . .

This episode is one of the better ones, so I'm not sure why Mike Stevens has nodded off

Has Sir A met his Waterloo? There to greet him is Jack Arrow

And the late, great Eric Kent

And here comes the man himself, followed by Charles Rayford. The lady looks a bit like Pauline Chamberlain, but I don't think it is, sadly

Jason on the prowl with porters Charles Lamb and on the right, I think, Vic Chapman

And although this policeman is a credited David Rendall, he looks more like Pat Gorman to me.

To finally strain the nerves, Brian Worth gets dubbed throughout by David Graham.

Senior Member Country: England harryfielder's Avatar
    Liked
    51 times
    Walter Henry holds the pooch, the identity of which I don't know, nor Walter's companion,
    big Mo Dunster....

Pat G...cop....

Liked
    182 times
    Many thanks as usual, Aitch. I hope Pat Gorman is well.

Liked
    182 times
    SIR FRANCIS DRAKE searches for "The Fountain of Youth". Our own search uncovers:

A fountain of Leslie Crawford swordplay as he encounters Terence Morgan. Les also plays an onboard Spanish soldier early on in the production

Then a fountain of emotions for Martin Lyder as Terry catches him unawares.

The Golden Hind crew this voyage includes Peter Diamond, Bill Cummings (possibly via stock footage) and Bill Dancy within its number.

Liked
    182 times
    Before SIR FRANCIS DRAKE sails into the sunset, he has one more adventure from which he has to "Escape". It's a bit of an odd one too, the makings of a psychological thriller written and directed by David Greene, but constrained by its 24 minute running time. None of the usual crew are to be seen apart from Howard Lang, but if we get a bit nosey:

At least Reg Thomason is there to drum up the firing squad.

Throughout the series, it has to be said Sir Francis seems to flit across the Atlantic and back very quickly and apart from a publicity photograph, we never even see him with his bowls.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Tigon Man's Avatar
    Liked
    86 times
    Reg Thomason again in Hennessy from 1975. He firstly appears as a photo of an MP in a House of Commons guide book, along with the ubiquitous Victor Harrington, who gets two pictures.
    Reg later appears in person during the climactic scenes in the House of Lords, I couildn't find Victor amongst the MP's. Perhaps our experts can put names to some of the other faces.

Victor Harrington - Hennessy.JPG

Fred Wood I think as an IRA terrorist

Fred Wood - Hennessy.jpg

Lewis Alexander and I think Guy Standeven next to him, are on Home Secretary Peter Copley's police committee

Hennessy - Lewis Alexander.jpg

Some scenes of the state opening of parliament with Reg T. Who are the other MP's?

House of Lords 1.JPG

House of Lords 2.JPG

House of Lords 3.JPG
    Attached Images

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Tigon Man's Avatar
    Liked
    86 times
    IRA supremo Eric Porter and henchman Ian Hogg are in the crowd watching the bigwaigs arriving for the state opening of parliament in Hennessy 1975.
    Who are the other spectators?

Westminster Crowd Scene - Hennessy.JPG

Victor again as an MP sitting in his car. I assume that the photos of Vic & Reg that Rod Steiger is glancing at are taken from Spotlight.

Victor Harrington - Hennessy 2.JPG
    Last edited by Tigon Man; 05-10-14 at 05:09 PM.

Liked
    182 times
    It looks to me like Roy Lansford in Spotlight along with Victor.

Liked
    182 times
    Could this be Franklin Dyall (Valentine's dad) as the soldier on the left in a dramatic moment from Fire Over England (1937)?:

Flora Robson and Laurence Olivier look suitably theatrical.

Liked
    182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigon Man View Post
    Reg Thomason again in Hennessy from 1975. He firstly appears as a photo of an MP in a House of Commons guide book, along with the ubiquitous Victor Harrington, who gets two pictures.
    Reg later appears in person during the climactic scenes in the House of Lords, I couildn't find Victor amongst the MP's. Perhaps our experts can put names to some of the other faces.

Victor Harrington - Hennessy.JPG

Fred Wood I think as an IRA terrorist

Fred Wood - Hennessy.jpg

Lewis Alexander and I think Guy Standeven next to him, are on Home Secretary Peter Copley's police committee

Hennessy - Lewis Alexander.jpg

Some scenes of the state opening of parliament with Reg T. Who are the other MP's?

House of Lords 1.JPG

House of Lords 2.JPG

House of Lords 3.JPG
    I see Richard Atherton and George Holdcroft as Lords in 4, Fred Peck, Charles Rayford, Keith Ashley and Ned Lynch as mere M.P.s in 5 and John Wilder and Keith Ashley again in 6.

Liked
    182 times
    "The Colour of Blood" is a silly title for a rather clever episode of THRILLER, with some nice twists and turns provided by Brian Clemens. Within those twists and turns:

Patrick Milner as a copper whose sideburns just continue to grow and grow

John Scott Martin as a British Rail worker and if you know John from his later years, his hair just continued to grow and grow (outwards) too

Lola Morice as a secretary who lets Malcolm Terris and his underpants in to see solicitor Derek Smith.

And among those not credited in the UK version:

Michael Stainton in the police sergeant's uniform he seemed to be rarely out of. Malcolm checks the script to see if his trousers have split yet and Geoffrey Chater phones his agent

Herbert Ramskill who knows how to put pesky passenger Garrick Hagon in his place.

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Lovell View Post
    I see Richard Atherton and George Holdcroft as Lords in 4, Fred Peck, Charles Rayford, Keith Ashley and Ned Lynch as mere M.P.s in 5 and John Wilder and Keith Ashley again in 6.
    Also Fred Berman in the second MP shot (bald with glasses at center). Possibly John Triplett in the crowd shot, dark blue coat, looking at book.

Liked
    0 times
    Theater of Blood (1973) is a witty and nasty tale of revenge, but not many extras to see:

Pat Judge as a waiter at the old Serpentine Restaurant in Hyde Park (this is the third or fourth film I've seen him in with Eric Sykes--I wonder if he acted as Sykes' double? They certainly look enough alike).

And Bernard Barnsley as a police sergeant with Madeline Smith (lucky him) and Milo O'Shea.

Liked
    182 times
    Continuing the Vincent Price theme most abominably:

Norman Jones and Peter Jeffrey think P. C. Lew Hooper has gone a bit batty

And then they think Guy Standeven, playing Morgan, is definitely a suitably case for treatment. Both Lew and Guy get some lines nevertheless

When Norman pins down Maurice Kaufmann to his club, the porter being John Tatum, he doesn't expect there'll be a much bigger pinning down for Maurice very soon. A fellow club member is Juba Kennerley, who also gets to twist out an annoyed line of dialogue

Nurse Susan Travers doesn't like all the attention from the plainclothes coppers who include Harold Coyne.

All Parties Interested in The Abominable Dr. Phibes (1971).

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    A further sighting from Danger Man - I'm Afraid You Have the Wrong Number (1966) to those posted four years ago
    (134, page 7). On the left is Bernard Barnsley, in the passport control area of 'Geneva Airport' with Patrick McGoohan:

That's not all I spotted ... Swissair posters for Europe and South America:

By Manfred Bingler (1964) and Niklaus Schwabe (1961)

Liked
    182 times
    In an abortive attempt to identify an extra in Theatre of Blood (1973), I had cause to re-visit BLAKES 7 and as minor consolation:

Charles Rayford on the right

And a plump Tony O'Leary, both playing Menials in "Ultraworld" (tx: 10.03.1980).

Liked
    182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Screencap72 View Post
    Theater of Blood (1973)
    I'm wondering, Dave, if the balding male diner between Pat Judge and Harry Andrews is Roy Lansford; sadly, the reflection doesn't help identification throughout the scene.

To add to your sightings and to the Meths Drinkers:

Their numbers are augmented in a couple of the sequences. This is the Michael Hordern one and it seems to me the one-eyed sloshed gentleman is George Oliver

Later when it's the turn of Robert Coote to go for a dunking, it appears to be a grimacing Rupert Evans who gives him a hand

Thankfully we don't see Arthur Lowe's presence here with Eric Sykes and Milo O'Shea, but we do see I think that the policeman is Terry Yorke, who is the film's stunt arranger. Although Peter Brace is apparently Vincent Price's double in the final rooftop scenes in the film, the climbing Vinnie looks more like Terry to me. And do we also see a little bit of Byron Sotiris in the background?

Evidently a chilly day for Diana Rigg in this scene in Windsor, but dragging our eyes away to the film crew behind the car, grey-haired Lew Hooper puts in an appearance

As does Gerry Judge in a blue shirt that is a bit tight. Diana knows about that kind of thing

Milo assembles his troops who include Lew Hooper and John Cannon as well as the previously sighted Bernard Barnsley. Lew plays a sergeant, but curiously in a later scene, Bernard has lost his stripes.

Another guest of the Meths is this gentleman, who I think also does the fake taxi driver bit later on. Sadly, there's no credit for him, but he appears to be our mystery man from THE PRISONER.

On the bluray commentary track, the otherwise well-versed Mark Gatiss seems to think Tutte Lemkow is a woman. Mark, Tutte appeared in DOCTOR WHO three times and did the choreography for a fourth, so you should know otherwise . . .
    Last edited by Gerald Lovell; 09-10-14 at 01:38 PM.

Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for taking a look at this one Gerald; I had gotten Lew Hooper as the cop (and also Harry van Engel as a cop during the melee to get Inspector Boot's Hillman restarted, though now I think it might be Cannon again), but thought John Cannon was Joe Wadham sans mustache. I had thought Terry Yorke was the credited Bunny Reed, as he's one of the few cops that gets screentime and dialogue, but it is certainly Terry. I guess Bunny Reed is the cop guarding Jack Hawkins' house (maybe?)

There do indeed seem to be extra meths drinkers in various scenes--I had noticed George Oliver, but forgot to put him on Aveleyman. Not sure about Rupert Evans; that guy shows up in most of the scenes, so he must be either John Gilpin or Jack Maguire, neither of which I can find a photo of. I had thought the mystery man might be Harry Phipps, but I think you're right. One scene where there are definitely more than the eight credited meths drinkers is when Coote gets drowned in the butt of Malmsley; two stuntmen are helping him into the barrel, but I couldn't figure who they were.

Need to take a closer look at those film set scenes--think I was distracted by Ms. Rigg!

Tutte tutte, Mr. Gatiss...

Liked
    182 times
    "The Bones of Byrom Blain" seems to be the last episode of DEPARTMENT S filmed and its nonsensically elaborate plot is weirder than ever and Peter Wyngarde's Jason King is more shrill and flamboyant than before:

Indeed, even the experienced Reg Thomason is shocked by it all, dubbed line and all

Though Terence Conoley manages to keep his syrup on

John Carson wisely decides to ignore it all and have a drink served up by barman Nick (Fred Stroud)

And M.P. Sergeant Bill Burns moves in for an arrest and a mumbled line

Martin Lyder is promoted from waiting staff to hotel guest

Then Fred Machon arrives to join in the fun

Mike Stevens is demoted to M.P. Corporal for Rosemary Nicols

But Hugh Elton is sensibly joining those back at the hotel bar

As is Harry Van Engel

Lying in wait for Rosemary however is Davyd Harries, joined by Lou Morgan and his spiv moustache.